Maaaan... I need somewhere to put my money, fambs... these fees are RIDICULOUS...

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

Don't these banks charge fees on accounts that don't hold a min. balance or a recurring direct deposit?

#POOR

i have direct deposit from TWO JOBS AND keep a average balance of around $200...
aint much... but still, at Chase, you had to have one or the other...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by goosebumps

Don't these banks charge fees on accounts that don't hold a min. balance or a recurring direct deposit?

#POOR

i have direct deposit from TWO JOBS AND keep a average balance of around $200...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
come on brah, we aren't all ballers
+ smart people don't keep lots of money in checking accounts anyways, gotta put that money to work. 

CREDIT UNION!! SERIOUSLY!!

your problem is solved. i joined a credit union about 6 months ago, and in ONE MONTH i made more interest money than in 6 years total at bank of america. goddamn credit union is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

I don't get bank fees because I'm a student 
tongue.gif
Which also means that you have no money.
Spoiler [+]
I know that feel.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
+ smart people don't keep lots of money in checking accounts anyways, gotta put that money to work. 
smart people should also have a larger bank account than an illegal picking vegetables  

Only time I have more than 200 bucks in my checking account is when I have to pay my credit card bill. Pointless to keep money sitting there doing nothing for you.

smart people should also have a larger bank account than an illegal picking vegetables  

daaaamb famb... ease up...
i average that cuz the money goes to rent, car note, insurance, motorcycle, electricity, savings account, cable, phone bill, and credit card bill AS SOON as it touches my account...

i'd rather live off noodles for a few weeks than pay a bill late... 

cue the *we got a bad *%% over here.jpg*

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

CREDIT UNION!! SERIOUSLY!!

your problem is solved. i joined a credit union about 6 months ago, and in ONE MONTH i made more interest money than in 6 years total at bank of america. goddamn credit union is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Hell yeah
laugh.gif

Same with me.

I saw how much I made in one month and thought it was a mistake lol... it was also called something different and not interest... it was called a dividend.

I went online researching it because how much I earned in one month was like 6-8 times the amount I made banking with Citibank for like 10 years... COMBINED!

I thought it was a mistake and went online to research more... I was happy as hell the next month when I saw it again.

No fees no anything!

I wish I would have did it sooner though!

I'm with American Airlines Credit Union.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Agreed. That's a no-no. 
Makes no cents.

i remember there was a thread about all these banks instituting fees...
i seen my bank (Wells Fargo) was doing it too...

5 bucks... meh.. i aint trippin' on it, ya know?

I go to check my funds today... and they hit me w/ a $15 debit card usage fee... and they've been hitting me w/ it for quite a few months now.

i need some alternatives, cuz i cant afford to throw away $15 a month just to use a damb card... i'll cash my paychecks if that's the case...

i was thinking about just paying all my money to my credit card, and using that... atleast i'll get some cash back...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I would visit a branch near you and sit down with a banker. Maybe there is a solution for you. I use to work for Wells Fargo and I have never heard of a $15 debit card fee. Have you been using your ATM card to withdraw from other banks ATM's?

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Unless you the need the convenience of ATM machines in multiple locations, use a credit union or an online checking/savings account. Using credit cards for everything is the best way to go unless you have to have cash.

I'm with a credit union and I can use my card at any ATM machine, even a banks.

I just have to pay a fee or whatever

Ive had good luck with Wells Fargo so far.

I used to be w/ TCF

and y gawd how i hate that damn bank.

I swear. If i overdrafted 25cents. Thats 35 bucks in fees.

And what really pushed me over the edge was when Id deposit money early morning, and itd takes what ... one day to post? So id go out at night and buy !#%+ and that usually takes like 2-3 days to post...

Somehow almost EVERYTIME.. they'd [ost my late night transaction before my actual deposit that i did in the morning and that would make it seem like i overdrafted and .. bam .. 35 bucks fees.

+%@# TCF BANK! That *%#@ never happened with me in Wells fargo. *knocks on wood*

#POOR

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm missing whats so funny.

A lot of people keep way less than that.

Originally Posted by Retro707

Two jobs and you only have a 200 minimun?  How does that work?.  Most banks will require a 500minimum to avoid fees.  Some have FREE everything depending on the type of account.  Shop around, see what fits your needs best.  Like a lot of people on here, I do recommend using your CC but not over doing it.  Have financial responsibility to buy what you can afford and not go YOLO.  Not to mention you build some good credit with time.  I currently bank with a community bank who allows me to use my debit card one-unlimited times for 1$ a month.  I also, get free checks and free online banking.  Smaller banks tend to be more personal.  You have to keep in mind that you are paying for a SERVICE.  Theres labor and people involved into making sure nothing gets screwed up.  Nothing is free, and if you want to keep all your money..easy!  CASH IT and STASH IT.  I would not recommend it.  Save some money, and try to build a more comfortable minimum.  Thank me later brawseffphhhmeliu

-UNDFT-

both part timers... and one of them, i take the money and immediately pay bills... the other, i just eat, and use it to buy little things here and there...
if there is any bills left over, i use the second job...

i might just go back to my hometown and do it like that... they all know me there b/c my momb been using it for a couple decades...

good advice, my dude... i'm going to do that and see what's good...

Yeah man, doesn't hurt to build positive credit.  Just buy what you can afford and you'll be good.  Pay off your CC at the end of each month and eventually you'll get a CC Bump aka they will trust you since they can see that you know how to handle your money and your limits will increase.  Never top off credit cards and pay the minimum payments.  Always go over 20$+ each month.  Trust me, it helps.  I opened up a discover for da lulz and I started with a credit line of 5k.  Within 6months of paying it off after using it, my limit increased to 7200.  Good standing is good in the long run.  Try and have a stable bank account and dont switch around too much.  I was SO close to closing mine this yr and starting over but waited cuz I copped a house.  Banks that want to LOAN you the money to make big purchases often see your relationship at your current financial institution.  Luckily I had that account for over 8yrs with 0 overdraws or anything.  That made the loan process/decision must easier.  Handle your money responsibly and if you miss out on a pair of Jays, so what.  Jays wont do nothing for you 10yrs from now.  Think about it #mindblown fambz.  I respect everyone who makes ends meet regardless of what's left in their accounts.  Not to mention, doing it a positive legal way and not taking different routes.  I used to be a banker, and did that for over 4yrs.  It made me feel horrible to know that so many people had a very bad situation and going check by check without any actual financial freedom.  #youdabess
pimp.gif

Team
-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

I don't get bank fees because I'm a student 
tongue.gif
Which also means that you have no money.
Spoiler [+]
I know that feel.
This. I'm poor, too.
frown.gif

I have a student account with WF as well.

shiznut123 wrote:come on brah, we aren't all ballers
daaaamb famb... ease up...
i average that cuz the money goes to rent, car note, insurance, motorcycle, electricity, savings account, cable, phone bill, and credit card bill AS SOON as it touches my account...

i'd rather live off noodles for a few weeks than pay a bill late... 

cue the *we got a bad *%% over here.jpg*

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

sounds like you are living beyond your means

Back
Top Bottom