Maaaan... I need somewhere to put my money, fambs... these fees are RIDICULOUS...

i remember there was a thread about all these banks instituting fees...
i seen my bank (Wells Fargo) was doing it too...

5 bucks... meh.. i aint trippin' on it, ya know?

I go to check my funds today... and they hit me w/ a $15 debit card usage fee... and they've been hitting me w/ it for quite a few months now.

i need some alternatives, cuz i cant afford to throw away $15 a month just to use a damb card... i'll cash my paychecks if that's the case...

i was thinking about just paying all my money to my credit card, and using that... atleast i'll get some cash back...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Don't these banks charge fees on accounts that don't hold a min. balance or a recurring direct deposit?

#POOR

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

Don't these banks charge fees on accounts that don't hold a min. balance or a recurring direct deposit?

#POOR
Yes.

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

#POOR

i have direct deposit from TWO JOBS AND keep a average balance of around $200...
aint much... but still, at Chase, you had to have one or the other...

Direct deposit is the way to go.

I've never been charged for anything other than an annual $15 dollars for a rewards card. I'm with Chase btw.

Free checking still exist but you need to be more aware of the terms of your account there is no reason to be ignorant about it since it probably is in writing somewhere

Unless you the need the convenience of ATM machines in multiple locations, use a credit union or an online checking/savings account. Using credit cards for everything is the best way to go unless you have to have cash.

Two jobs and you only have a 200 minimun?  How does that work?.  Most banks will require a 500minimum to avoid fees.  Some have FREE everything depending on the type of account.  Shop around, see what fits your needs best.  Like a lot of people on here, I do recommend using your CC but not over doing it.  Have financial responsibility to buy what you can afford and not go YOLO.  Not to mention you build some good credit with time.  I currently bank with a community bank who allows me to use my debit card one-unlimited times for 1$ a month.  I also, get free checks and free online banking.  Smaller banks tend to be more personal.  You have to keep in mind that you are paying for a SERVICE.  Theres labor and people involved into making sure nothing gets screwed up.  Nothing is free, and if you want to keep all your money..easy!  CASH IT and STASH IT.  I would not recommend it.  Save some money, and try to build a more comfortable minimum.  Thank me later brawseffphhhmeliu

-UNDFT-

Aren't you still in school? Get a Student Checking account. No fees from Wells Fargo for those. I still have mine even though I've been out of school for a year but it'll soon expire and when it does I'll prob just go to a credit union. 
Yah Idk whats going on with the WF fee thing, some people I know are getting hit while some others aren't. I haven't looked into it much cause I haven't been hit by it yet.

I have chase and I don't suffer any of this. The only thing they are anal about is that I can't do more than 5 transactions in a month to withdraw from savings. Otherwise they charge me a fee. But that got swept under the rug once I reached a balance of 15k on my account.

Originally Posted by Retro707

Two jobs and you only have a 200 minimun?  How does that work?.  Most banks will require a 500minimum to avoid fees.  Some have FREE everything depending on the type of account.  Shop around, see what fits your needs best.  Like a lot of people on here, I do recommend using your CC but not over doing it.  Have financial responsibility to buy what you can afford and not go YOLO.  Not to mention you build some good credit with time.  I currently bank with a community bank who allows me to use my debit card one-unlimited times for 1$ a month.  I also, get free checks and free online banking.  Smaller banks tend to be more personal.  You have to keep in mind that you are paying for a SERVICE.  Theres labor and people involved into making sure nothing gets screwed up.  Nothing is free, and if you want to keep all your money..easy!  CASH IT and STASH IT.  I would not recommend it.  Save some money, and try to build a more comfortable minimum.  Thank me later brawseffphhhmeliu

-UNDFT-

both part timers... and one of them, i take the money and immediately pay bills... the other, i just eat, and use it to buy little things here and there...
if there is any bills left over, i use the second job...

i might just go back to my hometown and do it like that... they all know me there b/c my momb been using it for a couple decades...

good advice, my dude... i'm going to do that and see what's good...

Try usaa bank, everything is free with them. Only bad thing is they only have one location so I have to do everything thru mail or online

do they charge for savings accounts?

been working and want to store it at an other bank as a saving instead of storing it at my current bank mostly because my paypal is connected to my current bank

Direct Deposit of $500/month in total gets you a free account at Chase. Same for Wells Fargo I believe, but that debit card usage fee is whack. I know Chase doesn't charge that and I think even BofA got rid of it.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Direct Deposit of $500/month in total gets you a free account at Chase. Same for Wells Fargo I believe, but that debit card usage fee is whack. I know Chase doesn't charge that and I think even BofA got rid of it.

BofA never put it in place, it was an idea. I work there, 250 direct deposit gets you a free account at bofa, if u dont have direct deposit, Ebanking has no min balance, no monthly fees as long as you make your deposits/withdrawals at the  ATM, keep the change for savings account lets you have a savings with no min balance etc. ask away if you have questions...
BUT I DONT BANK AT BOFA 
laugh.gif

chase is good as well as citi. in my opinion if you dont want to go down the CU route yet

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

That's right. Customer backlash and BofA scrapped the idea.
laugh.gif
Shoot it was employee backlash as well! 
laugh.gif

i wasnt about to try to explain that garbage to customers ive grown fond to like, i would have turned them away and recommended them another bank.

I use my local credit union and online banking.

Online bank pays interest (albeit very little) and every 7-11 ATM is free to withdraw. I use the credit union to deposit any cash then transfer over to the online account. Credit union was a one time $10 fee to join and it was well worth it imo.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

If you have Suntrust or TD Waterhouse near you, they are the way to go. 
Suntrust will hit you with the foolish overdraft fees and change how your account is set up, and not say a word to you.
On my girls acct. they switched on her overdraft protection without telling her, then proceeded to charger her 33.00 per every overdraft "purchase".  On top of that I've watched how they'll show 3 completely different amounts for "Current balance" on their mobile site, on their reg. website, and if you go in a physical bank and get a statement.  (This is why she got caught up with over-drafting)

Personally I have a student account with BOA, haven't had any problems with random fees (yet), hopefully it statys that way.

Back
Top Bottom