Lunargrand

Just got my lunargrand wngtips long from Nordstrom. The first thing I noticed is the quality and how light the shoes were. I sized down .5 and that was perfect. I wouldn't go a full size down if you are planning on buying. A .5 should be fine. Great shoe!

I think those are the black ones. Notice the lace eyelets and the laces. Color balance and/or flash might have thrown the color off.

Just got the lunargrand combat boot. Ending up going up a 1/2 size. Tighter fit IMO. All my other grands I wear a 10.

Amazon had Cole Haan Milkshake Lunargrands for $96.95 after 30% off. Cheaper than the Cole Haan Outlets!

Just got the lunargrand combat boot. Ending up going up a 1/2 size. Tighter fit IMO. All my other grands I wear a 10.
So, you end up getting a size 10.5 on the lunargrand combat boot? Could you take pictures of your new lunargrand boots please? Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. Can't get the 30% off code to work for me for some reason.  $137.40 with no sales tax and free shipping is still a good price though.
Just chat with a Amazon Sales associate. Just tell them you want to use the 30SHOES1 code; their customer service is first rate. I can almost guarantee they will adjust the price. It will take only 10 minutes, and you will save $41.55. 

Tried to order off Amazon as well, 30% off could not be applied because of third party seller. FS FASHION is the seller. :rolleyes

So, you end up getting a size 10.5 on the lunargrand combat boot? Could you take pictures of your new lunargrand boots please? Thanks.

The boots felt tighter around the forefoot compared to the lunargrand models, plus when I wear boots I usually wear thicker socks so a half size up rather than my usual size 10 was it for me.

the amazon 30% off coupon doesn't work. There is this 10% promo code though if anyone is interested:

QO5WEYUF

Here are a few photos I found while browsing IG:

A nice shot of both fatigues, side by side

A different angle of the above Spring '14 collection
And lastly, just in case you didnt think the chrome longwings were loud enough......... " I love gooooollllldddd"
Rumored to be a December release??
I've heard rumors that they are soon doing a Women's LunarGrand limited edition release - perhaps this could be it?

Here are a few photos I found while browsing IG:

A nice shot of both fatigues, side by side

A different angle of the above Spring '14 collection

And lastly, just in case you didnt think the chrome longwings were loud enough......... " I love gooooollllldddd"

Rumored to be a December release??

I've heard rumors that they are soon doing a Women's LunarGrand limited edition release - perhaps this could be it?

You are right about them being limited edition but they are men's.

Has anyone else bought the new lunargrand combat boots? What are the pros and cons of the shoes? And are they worth getting? Because I'm thinking of buying these as my rain boots.

Has anyone else bought the new lunargrand combat boots? What are the pros and cons of the shoes? And are they worth getting? Because I'm thinking of buying these as my rain boots.
I bought the black and the brown (taupe) color ways.  Still deciding on which pair I'm going to keep, but I like them for something different.  I wouldn't necessarily call these "rain boots" per se which is to say that I wouldn't put these on if I were to go out hiking or shoveling my driveway or trek through the snow, but if I had them on and suddenly got caught in a downpour I wouldn't think twice about it - they are waterproof after all.  I guess it all depends on what you plan on using them for.  

If you plan on doing a lot of walking in these in the elements, the light colored soles on the Taupe and Fatigue color ways might show dirt/mud/snow more noticeably than the black ones.

They are very lightweight and stylish, in typical Cole Haan LunarGrand fashion.  Definitely the lightest pair of boots I've ever owned.  Obviously they go up higher on your ankles than Chukkas which takes some getting used to.  They felt a little stiff when I tried them on - not sure if this is because I tied the laces too tight, but since these are leather and not Suede, it'll take a few wears to break them in like any other leather shoes.  I'll post an update on that after I've decided which pair I end up keeping.

Taupe seems to be the most popular colorway online as sizes 7.5 - 9.5 are online, but if you call CH customer service I'm sure they can locate a pair for you in a nearby store.  Another thing to consider is that next Friday is Black Friday, so I'm sure they'll be on-sale.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know, or any pictures/angles.

I bought the black and the brown (taupe) color ways.  Still deciding on which pair I'm going to keep, but I like them for something different.  I wouldn't necessarily call these "rain boots" per se which is to say that I wouldn't put these on if I were to go out hiking or shoveling my driveway or trek through the snow, but if I had them on and suddenly got caught in a downpour I wouldn't think twice about it - they are waterproof after all.  I guess it all depends on what you plan on using them for.  

If you plan on doing a lot of walking in these in the elements, the light colored soles on the Taupe and Fatigue color ways might show dirt/mud/snow more noticeably than the black ones.

They are very lightweight and stylish, in typical Cole Haan LunarGrand fashion.  Definitely the lightest pair of boots I've ever owned.  Obviously they go up higher on your ankles than Chukkas which takes some getting used to.  They felt a little stiff when I tried them on - not sure if this is because I tied the laces too tight, but since these are leather and not Suede, it'll take a few wears to break them in like any other leather shoes.  I'll post an update on that after I've decided which pair I end up keeping.

Taupe seems to be the most popular colorway online as sizes 7.5 - 9.5 are online, but if you call CH customer service I'm sure they can locate a pair for you in a nearby store.  Another thing to consider is that next Friday is Black Friday, so I'm sure they'll be on-sale.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know, or any pictures/angles.
Wow, that's a great insight. thanks! So, what size did you end up getting? Because I wear a size 9.5 M on LunarGrand wingtip Suede and I'm not sure which size to go with. Also, could you please post pictures of both your Taupe and Black colors? Because I am torn between the two right now. So, they are worth buying then? Yeah, the Cole Haan here will actually have a 30% discount throughout the whole store, but I can get them for $170 exact without tax. One last thing, how much taller are they compare to the chukkas? thank you so much for the great insight!

Back
Top Bottom