Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Nasty nasty nasty body horror sex

Who is in to this?

Also how is Christina's potion lasting so much longer than Ruby's?

could be her body still adjusting. Also looked like the potion she took wasn’t as big.

The scene with Leti/Christine explaining the loss of Emmit. Christine gives no damn/no empathy. This is what it feels like explaining to white people how we feel. That numbness was defining in that scene.

I said the same thing like damn. This is definitely a parallel to today.

I could’ve done without the RE enactment of his death. I thought the episode was flames. What did leti say at the end? Idk if I would’ve went through with the spell, with that fool just now talking about he’s dyslexic.

Last edited:
Good episode where is Hippolyta man?

I like the Easter egg they dropped about the cartoons between the tv show and book. Real good job by hbo with that.

I know this thread always infers that Atticus isn't really Montrose's son, but I have no idea where that's coming from and i doubt hbo does that reveal after all this.

I know this thread always infers that Atticus isn't really Montrose's son, but I have no idea where that's coming from and i doubt hbo does that reveal after all this.
We get that from the show.

George questioned Montrose about being Atticus father and he yelled at him and said that was settled. That was the biggest clear sign he might not be. Little things here and there have been said and done alluding to it. And again in this ep Tic asks him what other secrets are you keeping from me and we see Montrose reaction cuz it's about him possibly not being his biological father.

Don't matter much anyway cuz Montrose raised him anyway. That reveal only matters if the biological father plays in to the story.

They treated Ji-ya like a throwaway this episode.
She gonna be back.

I like how in this ep they basically stacked every episode that came before in to it. It all matters. A mention reference to every past ep.

She had to be sent away cuz Leti couldn't deal with somebody else who loves Tic and he just wanted to forget all about it. I mean if the spell had really not worked probably would've been Ji-ya that killed all those cops.

Last edited:
Timely. Dope. Encouraging, really tags your enthusiasm. It is speaking to the power of Black women in such a way, that it really opens doors to possibility. I am abuzz with expectation of the next episode, as I am sure the finale will be explosive. Great acting, fantastic acting, great storytelling, and the visuals are off the hook! Costuming needs to win some awards.

Good episode where is Hippolyta man?

I like the Easter egg they dropped about the cartoons between the tv show and book. Real good job by hbo with that.

Cartoons between the TV show and the book?

Ok, those sister demon joints were actually scary.

Those body morphing scenes are gross af everytime.

I like that they alluded to how white folks will never truly empathize/understand what its like to be black until they physically go through it themselves.

Kinda like how in real life some white folks never know how bad/scary it is until they have a mixed (black) child.

Im mad Ruby questioned her own motives after that talk with Christina but its realistic IMO. She came to her senses when talking to Leti tho.

Cartoons between the TV show and the book?

Sorry I was using my phone to type. I should've said the show and the book. Atticus came back with that copy of Lovecraft by his son, but what he actually described was real life book by Matt Ruffin.

I listened to the book a couple weeks ago to get a better understanding of the show. Show > book in this case.

This episode is top 3 for me so far. There were a lot of strong scenes and the acting was phenomenal.

- I love how they're tackling interracial relationships using Christina and Ruby. Even though they're using one another, there appears to be emotional feelings underneath. Those speeches were accurate.

- Shoutout to the costume design too. During the scene with Letti and Christina, their outfits played with the idea of black and white/good and bad. (Litterally)

- When Tic saw them shoes outside the crib. :rofl: He knew exactly what time it was. (Ji-Ah was looking fine too.)

- Can't lie, those twins were kinda killin' it
tumblr_mzf2ntgQoX1qatw9po1_500.gif

So what they did to Christina at the lake is how Emmett was killed? She took her protection spell off in an effort to empathize?

Back
Top Bottom