Love for Spike Lee

He got game was his only dope movie, dtrt is overrated.
25th Hour and Inside Man weren't dope?
I was rustling you guys jimmies.
laugh.gif

Of course Inside man and Malcom X were dope.

i didn't find out this dude was making moves till like 2 years ago when i saw that kobe movie. Other than that, you guys just let me know that he made " HE GOT GAME". Clap clap for MR. Lee.

But he's a jerk in real life though, so he loses points with me on that front.
Have you ever met Spike Lee?and I'm not talking about in passing by him,taking a photo as a fan or watching him courtside at a Newyork Knick's game from where the pigeon's usually rest at,either(the top).It's funny how a few comment's can make a fan turn sour so quick now and I don't even see why because the thing's he's said you can't disagree with him totally on nor will you agree with him either.You'er stuck because your too caught up into the madness of what the media does,one vs the other when it come's to Quentin Tarantino and it boggles my mind how the public even falls for it because their on two different platforms.
Should spike not speak on Quentin Tarantino's movies,yes and no,yes because he has the right to say whatever he want's and no because today people's ways are so jaded that the littlest thing can make someone not like something.

Granted,not everyone like's Spike Lee's movie's,their out there,There's nothing left to say,after that and that also applies to Quentin Tarantino.
I've learn to appreciate both for different reason's,Spike's has that black progressive mentality that show's diversity of his own people in films is most def appreciated.For Quentin Tarantino I like idea of him just having a vision and being able to present it to the masses with Hollywood's support because not everyone has that luxury with just a few films under their belt.I'm Also a fan of his movie "Jackie brown",the idea of course wasn't new,the plot was stupidily bland but the seasoned actor's,did wonderful job and if it wasn't for them,that movie would of sanked faster than "The Titanic",but it's appreciated anyway's.

Now this is a Spike Lee's appreciation thread and let it continue as such with NTer's appreciating Spike for his work.It's not a derailment,There's really nothing up for debate because I'm not going to go back and forth with you(yes,you,the one who chooses to disagree with me)on something that has been repeated in the D'jango thread ten times over.I was just trying to get an understanding as to why,some say thing's but they never seem to give a solid reason as to why their saying them.That's all.........

Sidenote:Red Hook Summer,wasn't that great of a movie and I'm hoping it was because of budget problem's and not anything else.It was almost as if someone edited out the important part's of the movie that could kinda make you understand the gist of it all.

Last edited:
Can we address him comments toward Tarantino? Feel they were justified? Or was Spike being too sensitive?

Eh. I only Like He got game, and Do the right thing,  but clockers and X are ok too.

I dont really care for spike himself though, but I respect where he came from and how he climbed to the top being a young black brother in america who represents my people. He's a positive guy, I've never heard anything bad about spike.

Can we address him comments toward Tarantino? Feel they were justified? Or was Spike being too sensitive?

In the middle, while I don't feel Spike was out of bounds with his comment, dude has had it in for Quint since Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
First off, if Malcolm X was the only film he's ever done then he'd still be great to me. That movie is a classic. But to think he's also done School Daze, Do the Right Thing, Mo' Better Blues, The Original Kings of Comedy, 25th Hour, Inside Man, When The Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts, Kobe Doin' Work, If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise, Red Hook Summer, & Bad 25 (to name a few), well, he's legend status in my book...
Looking forward to see Olboy good or bad...

damn man I forgot lord willing if the creek don't rise and when the levees broke :smh: :smh: :smh:

SUCH UNDERATED DOCUMENTARIES, should've won an awards, seriously.

By far my favorite director. Bamboozled was my favorite Spike Lee joint.
Im Brooklyn born and raised so I love how he captures my city in his movies.

I liked Red Hook Summer. There were scenes I could do without. Some of the acting was off, but they were child actors so I forgive them. Spike went in on Tyler Perry tho, no KY. I would love if he followed up with a movie called Crown Heights Winter. Thats just my personal bias tho.

Respect to Spike for shining light on the music and legacy of MJ (Jackson)! Anyone who likes music should watch Bad 25. Hope he does something like this for Thriller.

^^

..... but it wasn't just the kids who sounded whack tho.... it was bad writing, point blank.

and there are QUALITY child actors out there (see Season 4 of 'The Wire' and 'Moonrise Kingdom' )

Last edited:
Even though he does some childish ish with these outburst
School daze
Do the right thing
Bamboozled
Mo better blues
Malcolm x
Favorite movies

Is there a thread with his detailed comments on QT and the Django movie? :nerd: Cuz the only thing I've seen is that one thread with the 30 sec video where he says "all I'm gonna say is it wouldn't be right to watch because of my ancestors." I haven't entered the Django thread cuz I haven't seen the movie yet if it's in there. So what exactly has he said?

Back
Top Bottom