LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

- Who built the Lamp Post?
- What is the real purpose of the DHARMA Initiative?
- Who IS Richard Alpert?
- What about the glass eye the tail section survivors found?

Just some of MANY others...

which episode is lockes dad brought to the island?

Who exactly is Naiomi, and what did the initials signify on her bracelet.
Who the heck is Henry Gale?
Why was he there?...Who sent him?......Why was his neck broken?
What happened to Walt when the Others took him?
What is the smoke monster?
What do black vs white mean?
Who was Shannons/boones Dad?
Why does everyone drink?
Who is Horaces Son?
Who is Miles Dad?
Why does Widmore hate Desmond?
The list goes on for days.

Whoa!!! That list is nut's!!

I forgot about the musical code in the looking glass. Maybe, that's why Hurley went back with the guitar. To re-program the code from the past so Charliewould know it, be able to put it in quicker, and wouldn't die.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

which episode is lockes dad brought to the island?

The Man from Tallahassee- when Ben was telling Locke about the magic box.

And The Brig- when Locke was supposed to kill him in front of the others, but got Sawyer to do it in the Black Rock.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Let's get a list of mysteries left to be solved going then...

- Who was the musician that programmed the Looking Glass code?
- What is the Smoke Monster?
- What is the Temple?
- What is the four-toed statue?
- How did Locke show up out of nowhere to save Jack from falling off a cliff (when he was chasing after his dad)?
- What was the "magic box" that brought Locke's dad to the island?
- What are the whispers?
- What is the Incident?
- Annie?
- Who are Adam and Eve?
- Why do pregnant women die on the island?
- Where are Christian and Yemi's bodies?
- What did Eko mean when he told Locke, "you're next," before dying?
- What are the visions (i.e. Kate's horse, Sayid's cat)
- Who killed Nadia?
- Who is the Economist?
- Jacob?
- Why doesn't Richard Alpert appear to age?
- Why does Richard Alpert want Paul's dead body?
- How does Daniel have so much information in his notebook? (likely his time-traveling mother?)
- What are Walt's abilities?
- Who is on Jacob's list? What is Jacob's list?
- What is the exact nature of Miles' powers?
- What was the exact purpose of the button in the Swan station?
- What was the grey ash around Jacob's cabin?
- Hurley Bird?
- What happened to the stewardess and the two children from the tail section?

- Who was the musician that programmed the Looking Glass code? - Charlie. See Vozzek69's write up that I posted on pg 149
- What is the Smoke Monster?
A) Jacob or Jacob's will: his tool to see things go according to how he wants things played out.
or
B) The smoke monster is not a machine, nor is it man-made. The smoke monster is fate's "physical" means of controlling the universe andpreserving the timeline. The smoke monster exists only on the island because the island is existing in a past time, where there has already been apre-determined future - because the losties are technically from the future. Let's take Eko, for example. He was killed by the smoke monster at theinstant at which he had a fundamental change in character. In his flashbacks, he blamed himself for his actions; yet, on the island, he came to realize thathe had done nothing wrong. His realization would've caused him to make life-altering decisions in the future. Therefore, the smoke monster had to killhim, so that he would not make such decisions. The smoke monster also killed the pilot of 815. This happened shortly after the pilot realized facts about theplane that could potentially affect several people - these facts could've changed the perspective of everyone on the island, and thus had a huge impact oneveryone.
When the monster is "scanning" people, it is recording their future, and making sure that their current actions correlate with what they do in thefuture. If the monster sees a discrepancy, it takes action, and in most cases that we've seen - it kills someone. Luckily for Kate and Locke, the monstersaw that their state on the island wasn't contradictory to their future-counterparts - therefore, it left them alone.

Either way it is trying to get the Losties on the track it needs them to be on.
- What was the "magic box" that brought Locke's dad to the island? - Metaphor, plain and simple. The only magic is that Ben knows everythingabout Locke because he's been through this timeline before. He knows Locke's greatest fears and needs and has the ability to get his dad there.
- What are the whispers? Either the character's own voices trying to get them to follow the correct path (because those same voices had failed in aprevious time loop) or fate guiding them to do the same.
- Why do pregnant women die on the island?

Q: Sun conceived while on the island but she still gave birth - why?

A: Note that mothers can't give birth on the island while the island is in a time loop. That is because time is literally not passing on the island, sothe babies can't grow up in the womb. Also, fate physically can't allow for a birth to take place because if time on the island isn't moving,introducing a new entity to the world could potentially impact the will of others. However, Sun conceived while the island was in a time loop; then Desmondturned the key shortly after and the island started moving in real time again, from the year 1996. So, the baby had time to grow. Since we know that Sun getsoff the island, and Jin doesn't, we can make the assumption that Sun's baby was to replace Jin in the new timeline. Also, note the scene where Jin wasbringing a stuffed panda to the other lady while she was giving birth. That scene is from the parallel time in the original timeline, before Ben even went inthe time machine. In that timeline, Jin never even met Sun, yet Jin still ended up working for her father.
- Who killed Nadia?
Probably Ben or Widmore. The "players" are making sure the Losties have no ties to the mainland that would prevent them from going back. Ben tries tofool Kate about taking Aaron, Helen has a stroke (although my guess is that she was either killed or did not die at all- they staged it) and Nadia was mostlikely murked out by one of these sides too.
- Why doesn't Richard Alpert appear to age? - NYNicks shed some light on this a few days ago\
- How does Daniel have so much information in his notebook? (likely his time-traveling mother?)
Perhaps, but remenber Danny boy has been a time traveler for some years now. When he cries watching the 815 crash he cries because he knows he was responsiblefor some of that "in another life", brotha. We also see him working as a Dharma engineer back before LeFluer was ever created.
- Who is on Jacob's list?
The Oceanic 6 at least.
What is Jacob's list?
A list of people who are needed for the island to go in the direction that Jacob wants.
- What is the exact nature of Miles' powers?
Super-human sarcasm & he sees dead people
grin.gif

- What was the exact purpose of the button in the Swan station?
To keep the island hidden from Widmore & the outside world. Ben made it so everytime the botton was pushed the island jumped back in time:
In order to keep the island suspended in time, it would've been a great idea for Ben to reset the time machine every second, or minute. NOT every 108minutes. That would provide more security on the island, as the island would only be "exposed" for a short period of time. Unfortunately for Ben,there are a few issues. Consider if you program a computer to "set a time machine back 108 minutes" - you'd be sending the computer back to atime BEFORE it was programmed. Therefore, the computer couldn't program itself to reset the time machine. So, it requires a Human, who can retainmemories through time travel to continue to reset the time machine. The other issue that Ben faces is that he can't just go and tell someone that theyhave to do this. I mean, who would want to sit around pressing a button on regular intervals? So, Ben finds the Swan hatch, where testing used to take place- it was a convenient coincidence that the testing in that hatch involved the pressing of a button every 108 minutes. Ben decided that 108 minutes would be a"safe" amount of time in which to create the loop. And there you have it - Ben rigged up a contraption to reset time, while hiding its true purpose. It's the perfect scenario for a guy like Desmond!
- What was the grey ash around Jacob's cabin?
My guess is a way for Ben to keep Jacob confined to that area. Just a guess.
- Hurley Bird?
Didn't you know? The BIRD is the WORD
laugh.gif

If you haven't read www.timelooptheory.com and Vozzek69's write up: http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/06/vozzek69s-theory-of-everything.html, doyourself a favor and read them. That is my word. Bird.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Whoa!! Abaddon went in!!
I too have been suffering with the knowledge that LOST will not be tomorrow. I have filled the void with research. Kinda like when I quitedrinking and started smoking more (and more and more) Phillies. It helps
pimp.gif

Nice concise post, but it's still all speculation. The reason why I listed them was because they're still unanswered mysteries, even though we havesome idea or theories about them.

And there may be questions, but not relevant ones. kix4kix, I doubt that they'll ever cover Shannon and Boone's father. But Henry Gale is another bigone.

- Why was the monster crashing through the jungle in the pilot, clearly audible to the survivors on the beach? (could havebeen rummaging through the jungle, looking for Christian's body)
- Why is the song that's playing in Jin's DHARMA VW from 2008, when they're in the 1970's? (maybe found aniPod?)
- Why do Sayid and Hurley pick up a song that sounds very old while trying to use the radio?
- What are the food drops? (actually from a different time or someone in the present?)
- Why did Desmond say that he envisioned Claire getting into a helicopter?
- What's with the watch that Jin was supposed to deliver for Sun's father? Who was he delivering it to?
- What's the Black Rock's significance to the island?
- How did the Black Rock get in the middle of the island? (did the island move beneath it?)
- Why are polar bears in the Tunisia desert (the exit point)?
- Why was part of the Swan orientation film cut and put in the Arrow? Given time travel, who did it?
- What is the magnetic source in the Swan? (Is it the Jughead?)
- Who is Libby? Why was she in Hurley's mental hospital?
- Why did Libby give Desmond her husband's boat?
- Who's Dave? (the producers have said Hurley's friend and Libby's husband aren't the same)
- Who opened the door for Jack in the DHARMA station? (A male's voice was heard over the intercom - Christian?)
- What was Room 23 used for? (Brainwashing, but by whom?)
- What happened to Claire's message that she sent out on a bird?
- How did Harper appear and disappear to Juliet when she delivered a message from Ben?
- Is the island's volcano significant?
- Who are Charlotte's parents?
- Who on flight 815 were returning to the island, if any?
- What happened to Danielle's crew when they went into the monster's lair? (Killed then taken over by themonster?)
- Why does Locke say the monster was beautiful, when Eko disagreed?
- How does Kelvin Inman, who was off the island in the early 90's, get to be in the Swan (after the Purge)?
- Why was Colleen's body sent off to sea on a burning raft? (Was it to avoid her getting reanimated?)
- What happened to the Others that were living in the houses? (Not the ones that follow Richard, if they aredifferent)
- What was the purpose of the runway that the Others were building? (I personally think it was for 316, although they nevergave concrete evidence to 316 landing on it)
- What is the significance of Jack's grandfather, Ray? (Probably been to the island before)
- Why does Christian appear in the suit/white tennis shoes, then later in casual clothes?
- How does Charlotte know Korean? (Did she learn from Jin during her childhood?)
- What is the crossed-out station on the blast door map?
- Why did the Others want Aaron? (Was it just because Claire was pregnant? Is he a future leader? Was he already on theisland at one point?)
- Why did Christian take Claire but not Aaron?
- Why does Christian appear for Jacob? Is he against Jacob?
- What was contained in the secondary protocol? (Was it similar to Daniel's notebook with future events?)
- Why wasn't Widmore supposed to kill Alex? (Was she supposed to survive according to the timeline? Or they had some sortof mutual agreement?)
- Why doesn't Aaron need to return to the island?
- Why does Claire "need" to be the one to raise Aaron?
- What's the purpose of the Egyptian influences on the island and in the Swan timer? (Richard and his people?)
- Why did the monster kill the pilot?
- Why did the monster decide to kill Eko?
- What was the monster's intention with Locke?
- Why does Jacob's cabin change locations?
- What was Jacob doing before Horace built the cabin?
- How did Jin become fertile, Locke could walk, Rose no longer had cancer?

Things like the "war," who's Caesar, etc. are prominent questions that will undoubtedly be answered.

Originally Posted by quiktoflip

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am wondering what role Walt plays. Remember when he was kidnapped, and how the others all said how SPECIAL he was?.....

Also I am thinking Myles is Candles son?

Using what we know now were they possibly looking for their first black leader?
roll.gif

Page 46
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Matthew Abaddon

Well, my man Walt is Uber-Important; apparently.......

From LOSTPEDIA

Spoiler [+]
We know a final scene (of LOST) involves Jack and Walt which was filmed during first season, in order to preserve Walt's younger appearance. Also, we know Mathew Fox is the only other actor to know ending.
They MIGHT not use that anymore.

They'd be stupid not to...

Ben made it so everytime the botton was pushed the island jumped back in time:
In order to keep the island suspended in time, it would've been a great idea for Ben to reset the time machine every second, or minute. NOT every 108 minutes. That would provide more security on the island, as the island would only be "exposed" for a short period of time. Unfortunately for Ben, there are a few issues. Consider if you program a computer to "set a time machine back 108 minutes" - you'd be sending the computer back to a time BEFORE it was programmed. Therefore, the computer couldn't program itself to reset the time machine. So, it requires a Human, who can retain memories through time travel to continue to reset the time machine.
Good stuff...I enjoyed reading that.

Use the enter key/tab button next time tho...

Anybody think this matters? Doesn't seem like it went wrong, but a nice observation to whoever made it:

John Locke always !#+$! @%%* up :smile: But he's special
grin.gif

Why did you have to remind me....

211jr78.jpg
Nice Jackface Flow ("Don't pitty me JackFace). I think this is pretty funny. The Lostpedia board has made a damn drinking game out of it:

roll.gif
Jackface
is a Lost relatedslang term referring to Jack Shephard.
roll.gif

To quote the entry from http://www.urbandictionar...define.php?term=jackfacehref="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jackface" rel=nofollow>UrbanDictionary.com on Jackface:

A term used to describe the contorted facial expression Matthew Fox's character, "Jack Shephard", makes when he is angry, yelling, or just plain acting crazy on the television show"Lost".
[table][tr][td]"[/td] [td]
A term used to describe the contorted facial expression Matthew Fox's character, "Jack Shephard", makes when he is angry, yelling, or just plain acting crazy on the television show "Lost".
[/td] [td]"[/td] [/tr][/table]
e.g. "Did you see that Jackface Jack made when he was screaming last night on Lost?"

Fans have created a Lost drinking game centered on Jackface. When someone notices one, they call out "Jackface!", and all fans playing must take adrink of their beverage.[sup]1[/sup]

Whilst Jackface is a popular Lost internet meme, the fans mean no disrespect towards Matthew Fox's portrayal of Jack Shephard.
[table][tr][td]
[h2]Contents[/h2][hide]
[/td] [/tr][/table]http://[h2]Reference[/h2]
[sup]1[/sup] Gilbert, Matthew. http://www.boston.com/ae/...in_finding_its_way_back/href="http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/article...has_its_work_cut_out_in_finding_its_way_back/" rel=nofollow>"'Lost' has its work cut out in finding its way back", The Boston Globe, 7 February 2007; accessed 10 April 2008
http://[h2]External links[/h2]http://[h2]Gallery[/h2][table][tr][td]

The young Jackface. ("White Rabbit")
[/td] [td]

The Jackface of a hero. (saving Boone from drowning) ("White Rabbit")
[/td] [td]

The "wish I'd reconciled with dad but now it's too late and just a baseball metaphor" Jackface. ("White Rabbit")
[/td] [td]

The "ready to attack!" Jackface. ("The Greater Good")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The "OMFG! U IS DESMUND!" Jackface. ("Orientation")
[/td] [td]

Considered by some the original Jackface. ("Orientation")
[/td] [td]

The "my wife just left me and it's all my fault" Jackface. ("The Hunting Party")
[/td] [td]

The "creepy stalker" Jackface. ("The Hunting Party")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The, "You can't come, Kate!" Jackface. ("The Hunting Party")
[/td] [td]

The, "Don't you DARE try to cheer me up, Dad!" Jackface. ("The Hunting Party")
[/td] [td]

The, "You wanna go nuts? LET'S GO NUTS!" Jackface. ("One of Them")
[/td] [td]

The "Maybe the Others will pay attention to me if I make a stupid face" Jackface. ("S.O.S.")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Jackface can be sad too. ("Live Together, Die Alone")
[/td] [td]

Look at his neck! ("Live Together, Die Alone")
[/td] [td]

Another classic. ("Live Together, Die Alone")
[/td] [td]

The most famous Jackface of all time... Jack shooting at the Others and hitting nothing. ("Live Together, Die Alone")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The "I am about to be bulldozed by a large amount of water" Jackface. ("A Tale of Two Cities")
[/td] [td]

The "I am about to tackle my father because I have reason to believe that he's sleeping with my wife" Jackface. ("A Tale of Two Cities")
[/td] [td]

The "Tell me where my friends are" Jackface. ("A Tale of Two Cities")
[/td] [td]

The "Kate, dammit, RUN!" Jackface. ("I Do")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The "Tom's threatening to kill me and I think I've soiled myself" Jackface. (Lost Moments)
[/td] [td]

The "I'm in a cage so I might as well look like a monkey" Jackface. ("Stranger in a Strange Land")
[/td] [td]

The "you did NOT just blow up my sub!" Jackface. ("The Man from Tallahassee")
[/td] [td]

The "I'm gonna kick your $*% and make it look like a mistake!" Jackface. ("Through the Looking Glass")
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

The "%*+ Locke?!" Jackface. ("Through the Looking Glass")
[/td] [td]

The "Don't pity me!" Jackface. ("Through the Looking Glass")
[/td] [td]

The "Nyah nyah, I think we're getting off the island" Jackface. ("Through the Looking Glass")
[/td] [td]

Fox makes a Jackface even when not being Jack - from the trailer to the film Vantage Point
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

New Season: New Jackface. ("The Beginning of the End")
[/td] [td]

The "I'm not a murderer....yet" Jackface. ("Tabula Rasa")
[/td] [td]

The "I still don't believe you" Jackface. ("The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham")
[/td] [td]

"And we were never important". ("The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham")
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nice find Abaddon, but there's NO WAY Locke screwed anything up
laugh.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ the Jackface's. Dude does make some funny faces.

I just saved about 10 of them for future replies.

Nice find Abaddon, but there's NO WAY Locke screwed anything up
laugh.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ the Jackface's. Dude does make some funny faces.

I just saved about 10 of them for future replies.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...24&prev=/images?q=john+locke+lost&gbv=2&hl=en

One of two things:Be the Hero/Important person he wants to be. OR this is the biggest con of his life. I don't want to see this BUT he COULD be getting played by both sides.You are meant to think he is special and will save the day, but why would the very last scene not include him? (I know NY said that scene may or may nothappen, but you get my drift). I like the dude too, but he wants to believe so bad I think he could be easily manipulated. I think fans would be dissapointedif he is getting worked by Ben/Widmore/The Island, but remember LOST isn't about "saving" or rehabilitating individual people, but rather usingpeople for the good of the Island (which typically helps those folks along the way).

Locke: What's that?
Alpret: It's a compass.
Locke: What's it do?
Alpert: It points North John......

Locke: Is this the magic box?
Ben: .....No John, it's not.
Locke: "What is all this stuff for?"
Ben: "Same things all the Dharma Stations are for: silly experiments. Here John, why don't you watch this informative video."

john-locke-lost.jpg

Back
Top Bottom