Losing my hair Vol: "Feels Batman"

I started losing mine around 21. It's genetics though pretty much every other man gets it and I just got marked.

Thankfully I am able to pull off the shaved look. I'm glad I don't have to wait for barbers or pay the high costs.

However, I do miss my wavy days and hate there is only one style for me. I wanted the Mohawk when they got popular but refused to go the mr t route.

There are definitely more things in life to be concerned with though so I just moved forward when I saw it coming. Always said I would not fight it when the time came.

You can get by most of the time with hats. Well the rest of the time you can rock the kobe. Still enough hair not to be considered bald.

I've heard about the thinning part due to hats. But I don't think it's true

Last edited:
If Kobe Bryant can come to terms with his balding, i'm sure you can do the same too. I've been rocking a low cut, kinda like what Kobe has for the past year. I actually like it because there's not much to maintain up there.

Lost mine way before then.... Been shaving mine every since.... Life's to short to even give a **** ... Lol ... It's just hair.... I hate to see when people are scared to let it go

You can get by most of the time with hats. Well the rest of the time you can rock the kobe. Still enough hair not to be considered bald.
I've heard about the thinning part due to hats. But I don't think it's true

Its completely untrue. Its almost comical people still believe that. Unless your hat has stickum on the inside and rips your hair out every time you take it off you should be good.

I'm 22 and I swear sometimes I'm heading down the LeBron path :x but then I look at pictures from when I was 16 and my hairline looks damn near the same.

I'm paranoid :\

i used to obsess over this in HS because my father is completely bald. Im 26 today and i have a full head of hair with no signs of thinning. (knocks on wood)

i used to obsess over this in HS because my father is completely bald. Im 26 today and i have a full head of hair with no signs of thinning. (knocks on wood)

Nah its a maternal thing, so you'd have to look at your mom's side of the family to get some idea

Nah its a maternal thing, so you'd have to look at your mom's side of the family to get some idea

It doesnt matter what side of the family, if it's in your genes it's in your genes.
Losing your hair is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially if you have long hair like I used to. I've been growing my hair for over a decade off and on now.. The longest period being about five years and I just cut it all off. The center of my head was thinning badly, giving me that sideshow bob look. I'm talking about full, thick hair half way down my back, the type of hair that makes girls jealous.

Went from longhairdon'tcare to this :frown: :stoneface:

I've heard so many people say this, but I look at my Mom's side of the family... and all the males has a full set of hair.

My mother's father had a full set of hair before he died.

Her brother, my uncle, and his sons, my cousins, all have a full set of hair with no thinning in sight and they're all 30+ in age, and my uncle is almost pushing 60.

I'm not bald, well not yet, but I do see the top of my crown thinning and the front of my hairline.

My Dad, and his side of the family is bald, well him and his older brother, and then he has two other brothers that have a full set of hair.

I've always had a low ceaser cut since I could remember, but if my hair thins out a lot more then I'm going #1 all over with a low taper of something.

Feels batman :frown:

Use propecia stuff works man! 2 of my boys are using it now, it does wonders!!!! Have to get it from your doctors.

Not to rub it in, but I can't imagine myself going bald (knock on wood).

My dad is almost 60 and still got a full head of hair, though it's naturally thinning...No bald spots whatsoever, thanks pops.

For those who are balding/thinning, have you guys tried Rogaine? Does it work? :nerd:

Age 24 and just started noticing this a few a month ago. girlfriend confirmed
mean.gif
frown.gif

yea my hairline is thinning out :smh: not shaving it off til the forehead turns to a fivehead

I'm not familiar with this catch phrase, feeling batman ?

wth does that mean.

Feels batman = feels bad man

And it's okay man. There are so many men with messed up hairlines and bald spots and what not, who pull wiminzzzz so you're all good.

Unless you were already ugly before you're hair got tired of you and left :nerd:

I've heard so many people say this, but I look at my Mom's side of the family... and all the males has a full set of hair.
My mother's father had a full set of hair before he died.
Her brother, my uncle, and his sons, my cousins, all have a full set of hair with no thinning in sight and they're all 30+ in age, and my uncle is almost pushing 60.
I'm not bald, well not yet, but I do see the top of my crown thinning and the front of my hairline.
My Dad, and his side of the family is bald, well him and his older brother, and then he has two other brothers that have a full set of hair.
I've always had a low ceaser cut since I could remember, but if my hair thins out a lot more then I'm going #1 all over with a low taper of something.
Feels batman :frown:

Briefly, androgen receptors in the scalp regulate the follicles responsible for hair growth. The gene for androgen receptors lies on the x chromosome, which males inherit from their mothers. However, since women have two x chromosomes (women = xx, men = xy), there two possible outcomes related to how a male's hair is likely to grow.

A good indicator of how one's hair might look is his grandfather (on his mother's side). That said, there are some outliers.

Last edited:
Just turned 28 I'm not balding but I noticed grey hairs coming out! I always had thick black hair, which makes the grey hairs more noticeable :smh:

All you need is some hair coloring and your good. I choose going grey over bald any day.

^
Mushroom cuts were like the most popular haircuts during the 90's in grade school. I had a similar haircut except I didn't have bangs in the front.

Back
Top Bottom