Los Angeles: Bloods and Crips (Which Gang Is The Most Influential?)

not from LA but i lived here since last year...everybody crippin.

its just a instinct... i got homies that bang and always try to peace me up.. i end up stopping them and they remember .. i use to rep loc in the 90s and peacing up 24(random number) dudes in one sittin can be pretty daunting. My set got washed while i was enlisted so i dropped my flag...

Last edited:
not from LA but i lived here since last year...everybody crippin.
Everyone out my way rep blood sets ever since lil Wayne started repping. Even Chris brown a blood. He came to the gym I was at one time with his homies playing ball. He a lil punk tho. He can ball tho kinda. He got handles and can finish But he can't shoot

The Jungles is actually a really beautiful neighborhood. I was actually just there this morning. But yea, I wouldn't go walking around filming houses and ****. :lol:

I gree up in Mid City. Most of my friends that ended up banging are crips. When I moved to watts I noticed way more bloods doe. Overall, it's still crips IMO.

Last edited:
There are alot of hoods in L.A. that look pretty nice. But it's generally a bad idea to go into the jungle if you have no business there...especially at night. But again, that's the case for alot of hoods...some, more so than others.

Crazy how LA is. Theres this one street here in htown that cops refuse to roll thru.
I saw this one video on YouTube about the side shows in Oakland. A cop car rolled thru and was chilling for a little. Then they started throwing bottles at the cop car and the cop just left. Lol. Crazy ish

its not just b and c's 

i grew up in wilmington and the city was divided between east (red) and west (blue) 

on the LA gang injunction and all

Never heard the Jungle, Im on the east coast. I had to google map it. Scrolling around the area, places like Stevely Ave, doesn't seem all that bad. 

But again I'm not from the west, so my idea of a bad neighborhood is different. With the tall buildings, no grass etc

Never heard the Jungle, Im on the east coast. I had to google map it. Scrolling around the area, places like Stevely Ave, doesn't seem all that bad. 

But again I'm not from the west, so my idea of a bad neighborhood is different. With the tall buildings, no grass etc

It's actually a really nice looking neighborhood. Especially compared to other "bad" areas in LA. I wouldn't mind living there.

Compton also has some really nice neighborhoods. I could show you pictures of Piru street and you would never think it is what it is.

Watts, on the other hand...at least we had the Watts towers :lol:

Last edited:
Post them, I'm really interested. I've considered moving out to LA but could never make up my mind.

That's what tripped me out about LA when I moved there. Down south and the east coast you know when you in the wrong section or the hood. Over there it's beautiful grass, nice fences and great trees. Mean while you will get your head knocked off your shoulders quick.

Damn. So even if your not gang affiliated, you can't walk on certain blocks & streets? What's the premise for that though? Why can't a normal person go to their family members home? Or their friends house?

Gang members will really tell you to turn around and go back home just for strolling through their block?

Damn. So even if your not gang affiliated, you can't walk on certain blocks & streets? What's the premise for that though? Why can't a normal person go to their family members home? Or their friends house?

Gang members will really tell you to turn around and go back home just for strolling through their block?

You will just get questioned is all. If you say the right thing I imagine you'd pass freely. Check out that new Nipsey/Snoop video "Question #1"... its basically about that very subject.

The sad part is relatives who live in different hoods. The gang set comes before family.

Last edited:
it all depends on what youre wearing

cant show up to certain areas in all red and not expect to get hit up. 

but no matter where you go, ppl think youre either affiliated or look like someone who is and will have to act up in front of their boys. 

It's actually a really nice looking neighborhood. Especially compared to other "bad" areas in LA. I wouldn't mind living there.

Compton also has some really nice neighborhoods. I could show you pictures of Piru street and you would never think it is what it is.

Watts, on the other hand...at least we had the Watts towers
laugh.gif
I actually lived in the Jungles for about 7 Months.  Like others have mentioned already, LA hoods definitely aren't typical "hoods" because of the scenery and what not.  But you definitely can get caught slipping if you're just walking around willy nilly at certain times of the day.  The gang injunction from a few years back really slowed a lot of that stuff down, though.  It's not like 04-05 where you'd see dudes just hanging out outside, all-red everything, rags and whatnot.  Cops can mess with you just for having a reason to think you're gang-affiliated so the dudes that aren't locked up (or dead) by now just chill on all of that (These days it's more about the fitted hat you're wearing than the color of you're clothes.

Living in the neighborhood was straight, but the apartments were in awful condition.  Literally could hear every step that my upstairs neighbors (and their 20 pound dog) took. 
mean.gif

Had to bump this thread from the dead just to toss NYC another L.....
Yall out here looking like some goofs:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom