Looks like Dennis Dixon WILL NOT be in NY for the Heisman...

until the likes of Florida and LSU play some powerhouse teams out-of-conference and quit scheduling Tulane and Western Carolina...they can't lay claim to the best conference in the country...

so who can claim best conference in the country then? dont say the Pac-10, they proved themselves as garbage this year even worse

the SEC isn't a completely dominant conference anymore, but they are still the best conference overall.

USC will lose a couple o-lineman and use THAT as a good enough excuse as to why they lose, meanwhile Peter is forced to insert another measly inexperience blue-chipper
What the hell are you guys talking about?

You guys barely won the game and we had our backup QB in that game. You guys won by a TD. For the record, only one original starter from the O-Line startedthe game against Oregon. Our best RB, Stafon Johnson, did not play that game (3 carries, 9 yds). Never once, has anybody made excuses. We talk about ourinjuries and they are considered "excuses", yet you guys in Eugene want some type of props for dealing with the rash of injuries.

I wanted Oregon to go to the National Title game, +%$+ happened. People feel bad for ya'll, yes you guys had it. However, it is done, accept it an moveon.

eyes.gif
all you want @ the blue chippers that Pete has to insert in the lineup. With the best facilities, hands down, in the Pac 10 (One of the top's in the Nation), you guys should have a better crop of prospects. At the end of theday you still have to live in Oregon and no facility is going to change that.

Every knowledgable college football fan knows the unfortunate event that took place in Tucson. People feel bad for the Ducks, stop asking for pity.

Yeah, this year has been heartbreaking due to the injuries but the season ended in Tucson for all intents and purposes. All that's left is a bunch of"what ifs" and "coulda beens." It's better to just forget about it, move on and hope the civil war isn't a complete embarrassment.

You Oregon fans need to give it up....

Every year Oregon is hyped up and every year they end up blowing it....

You don't know nothing about anything homeboy. Quit talking.

You guys barely won the game and we had our backup QB in that game. You guys won by a TD. For the record, only one original starter from the O-Line started the game against Oregon. Our best RB, Stafon Johnson, did not play that game (3 carries, 9 yds). Never once, has anybody made excuses. We talk about our injuries and they are considered "excuses", yet you guys in Eugene want some type of props for dealing with the rash of injuries.

I wanted Oregon to go to the National Title game, +%$+ happened. People feel bad for ya'll, yes you guys had it. However, it is done, accept it an move on.

all you want @ the blue chippers that Pete has to insert in the lineup. With the best facilities, hands down, in the Pac 10 (One of the top's in the Nation), you guys should have a better crop of prospects. At the end of the day you still have to live in Oregon and no facility is going to change that.

Every knowledgable college football fan knows the unfortunate event that took place in Tucson. People feel bad for the Ducks, stop asking for pity.

If SC had threatened to take the lead at least one time during that game I'd have called it close. UO was up by 2 TD's late in the 4th and then we wentconservative, but Oregon completely outplayed SC for 4 quarters. Sanchez has all the talent in the world and he's been in the system for 3 years, if hecan't get it done at this point that's on SC's coaching staff because there probably isn't a more talented or more prepared back-up QB in thenation than him. I'm also almost positive that Baker and Chilo Rachal both started. Either way it shouldn't matter because when we cite injurieswe're talking about players who are out for the season, not just one game. I think I have a right to think that some SC fans sound a little spoiled whenciting injuries as a primary cause for their team's struggles, because with all the depth and talent they have it just should not matter.

I'm fine with losing 1 QB, but losing all 3 of your QB's for the season? That just doesn't happen, and if either of our back-ups were healthy whenDixon went down we probably still only have one loss. There's a difference between losing a couple starters for a few games here and there and losing themajority of your best offensive skill players for the entire season. I've never seen this many torn ACL's on any team, ever. Jeremiah Johnson wasarguably our best offensive weapon when he went down and he hasn't played since week 5. It's completely unprecedented and I'm sure if it happenedto someone like Florida I'd be reading some sob story about it in SI.

Season Ending Injuries to Oregon

Dixon - Torn ACL (Starter)
Johnson - Torn ACL (Practically 1b RB to Jonathan Stewart)
Paysinger - Torn ACL (Starter)
Colvin - Broken Ankle (Starter, but after Paysinger went down)
Bacon - Torn ACL (Starter)
Costa - Torn ACL (Backup to Brady Leaf)

Count'em up, FIVE torn ACL's
smh.gif
smh.gif

Other Injuries

Brady Leaf - Two Severely Sprained Ankles (might require surgery and will not play in Civil war)
A.J. Tuitele - Broken Foot against Cal (Out until UCLA game)

why are oregon fans in here whining

like everyone has told you, let it go. take the cards you are dealt and stop *****ing

Originally Posted by WILLINC

No need to invite Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel or Pat White

only Tebow and Mcfadden are really necessary IMO

thus proving you buy into espn hype, and don't watch college football. chase daniel WILL win the heisman.

Season Ending Injuries to Oregon

Dixon - Torn ACL (Starter)
Johnson - Torn ACL (Practically 1b RB to Jonathan Stewart)
Paysinger - Torn ACL (Starter)
Colvin - Broken Ankle (Starter, but after Paysinger went down)
Bacon - Torn ACL (Starter)
Costa - Torn ACL (Backup to Brady Leaf)

Count'em up, FIVE torn ACL's
smh.gif
smh.gif

Other Injuries

Brady Leaf - Two Severely Sprained Ankles (might require surgery and will not play in Civil war)
A.J. Tuitele - Broken Foot against Cal (Out until UCLA game)
I feel you, but no one's questioning your fanhood. We all know the Ducks took a big L through injuries and we all know the Oregon fans arehurting from their loss. Hard to move on, but you gotta keep looking ahead.

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

I feel you, but no one's questioning your fanhood. We all know the Ducks took a big L through injuries and we all know the Oregon fans are hurting from their loss. Hard to move on, but you gotta keep looking ahead.
Thats just the thing... I've avoided all Ducks posts like the plague recently. Our season WAS going great, but it's over now. No need tolook back on could-have-beens or what-if scenarios, Dennis Dixon played great ball for the first half of this season and made Oregon football exciting again.All I can do is hope that high schoolers saw our program w/ Dixon at the helm and might give the U of O a look.

Thank goodness for Basketball season.

pimp.gif

Hey is Dixon now going to pursue a baseball career since he got hurt? It's a damn shame that he got injured. He was a joy to watch even against myWolverines. And does anyone else think that Dixon looks like the dude from the "Unforgivable" video?

Hey is Dixon now going to pursue a baseball career since he got hurt? It's a damn shame that he got injured. He was a joy to watch even against my Wolverines. And does anyone else think that Dixon looks like the dude from the "Unforgivable" video?

You know, I don't know...He's got a bright future in either one. Mel Kiper had him as a SOLID first round pick before the torn ACL. I mean, we'veseen people come back before (McGahee namely)...We'll just have to see how his rehab goes after surgery.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

You Oregon fans need to give it up....

Every year Oregon is hyped up and every year they end up blowing it....

You don't know nothing about anything homeboy. Quit talking.

I grown up in Oregon and have watched close to every Duck football game in the last 10 years, and have attended 20+ games at Autzen (And for therecord, it is the greatest stadium in college football, DO NOT get that twisted).....Ive been a fan forever, my dad went there......That being said, everysingle season the past 7-8 years (since they finished #2) the Ducks are hyped up. Whether that be due to Nike (Phil, jerseys, marketing), The Oregonian (yougotta have something sports wise to talk about), or their actual play. But one way or another the season always ends in tragedy, this year it was injuries,last year their defense fell apart......
They always start out the season great....get some big non-conference win, get the fans + the state hyped and then they finish poorly. Thats all im saying.

That and making a post about every single thing that happens with Oregon football is just clutter to the forum...the season is over....You dont see USC fanscoming on here starting posts saying "Booty isnt Gonna Start this Week." You're only making yourselves look like whining little girls.

laugh.gif
this JM dude is always talking out of his%$%+ about any and everyconference and then whines about how the Pac-10 gets no respect, East Coast bias blah blah.
yeah the SEC plays the Troys and Middle Tennessees...and the Pac-10 plays the Nevada's and San Jose States, so what's your point? EVERY conference andevery team has some cupcake games, you're an idiot if you don't schedule 1 or 2.
what does out of conference schedule have ANYTHING to do with how tough the in-conference schedule is?

and as far Tebow, 18 of his rushing TD's aren't within 5 yards, it's more like 12 or 13. regardless, the dude has 800+ yards and averages like 4.5ypc, so i really dunno where y'all are going with that. i guess his 2nd best passing efficiency rating in the country is "padded" as well, right?

it's obvious you dudes don't actually watch football, you just hear "SEC...Tebow" on ESPN and cry that the hype machine is at work again...

Lotta Tebow haters in here....

Didn't Alex Smith run this offense in Utah (Im not really sure on this one, but I think they did)??? Why didn't he put up these stats???

Oh yeah, I know why....Cause Teabag is a *$*#%!# BEAST (
smh.gif
).....
smh.gif
Y'all just don't wanna acknowledge what Teabag has done this year....

Y'all would clamoring for him to be the heisman winner if he played for you school....

Heisman race is Run-DMC and Teabag.....THATS IT....OK, I'll add Chase Daniel..... but I don't really think he has a chance....unless he goes HUGEagainst OU

it's obvious you dudes don't actually watch football, you just hear "SEC...Tebow" on ESPN and cry that the hype machine is at work again...

A healthy Oregon team was easily the est team in the land. I.e. 39-7@ Michigan.

Please LORD dont tell me you're using that game as a barometer of how "Great" Oregon was.
forget that UF system....his 20 + rushing TD's is not impressive.....i mean come on 18 of them were within 5 yds....any Qb could do that if the coach game planned the running game behind his qb
Punch yourself in the left eye, repeatedly....
U dont know what you're talking about ...

BTW...Tebow IS a joke...his stats are OBVIOUSLY padded in garbage time and against the likes of Western Carolina, etc...
Tebow "a joke",
laugh.gif
Yea Okay...

[table][tr][td]2007 Season[/td] [td][/td] [td]Passing[/td] [td][/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td][/td] [td]Sacked[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td][/td] [td]QBRat[/td] [td]Comp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Y/A[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Int[/td] [td][/td] [td]Rush[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td][/td] [td]S[/td] [td]YdsL[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 01[/td] [td]Western Kentucky[/td] [td]W 49-3[/td] [td][/td] [td]157.5[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]76.5[/td] [td]300[/td] [td]17.6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]8[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 08[/td] [td]Troy[/td] [td]W 59-31[/td] [td][/td] [td]141[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]236[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]17[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 15[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]W 59-20[/td] [td][/td] [td]128.7[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]73.7[/td] [td]299[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]18[/td] [td]61[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 22[/td] [td]@Mississippi[/td] [td]W 30-24[/td] [td][/td] [td]102.7[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]58.8[/td] [td]261[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]27[/td] [td]166[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 29[/td] [td]Auburn[/td] [td]L 17-20[/td] [td][/td] [td]91.7[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]74.1[/td] [td]201[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]19[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct 06[/td] [td]@LSU[/td] [td]L 24-28[/td] [td][/td] [td]75.5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]46.2[/td] [td]158[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]16[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct 20[/td] [td]@Kentucky[/td] [td]W 45-37[/td] [td][/td] [td]140.4[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]69.2[/td] [td]256[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]20[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct 27[/td] [td]@Georgia[/td] [td]L 30-42[/td] [td][/td] [td]115[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]63.6[/td] [td]236[/td] [td]10.7[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]6[/td] [td]40[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 03[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [td]W 49-22[/td] [td][/td] [td]131.6[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]81.5[/td] [td]281[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]6[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 10[/td] [td]@South Carolina[/td] [td]W 51-31[/td] [td][/td] [td]106.8[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]68.8[/td] [td]304[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]26[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 17[/td] [td]Florida Atlantic[/td] [td]W 59-20[/td] [td][/td] [td]121.9[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]73.5[/td] [td]338[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]11[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]1[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov 24[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]W 45-12[/td] [td][/td] [td]133.3[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]67.9[/td] [td]262[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]

thats 30 TOTAL TDs -vs- teams who are or were ranked in the top 25. GET THE %!!# OUTTA HERE

laugh.gif
Jmadidas

What a thread
smh.gif

Lets not forget that he has only thrown 6 picks all year.....thats right ONLY 6.....

I mean, I hate Teabag as much as anyone, but you can't deny what he has done this year....

And he did this with the most explosive player on his team (maybe in the nation) missing 3 games....

Aye gunna (or anyone for that matter) is this the Same offense that Alex Smith ran at Utah?? In thinking he ran more of the Chris Leak version of the offense,rather than the '07 Tebow version....

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Yeah, we're just going to let go of that fact that Oregon entered the season as the best team in the entire country and now we're pretty much looking at an offense full of 3rd and 4th string caliber skill players.

Amazing how that's the truth. A healthy Oregon team wins the national championship. I guarantee it. Unfortunately, as things are...we probably will end the season on another 4 game losing streak...

Dennis behind center and that offense can compete with most defenses. Especially the top teams defenses.

A healthy Oregon team was easily the est team in the land
eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Statements like that give a bad name to the non-bias Oregon fans on this board. Don't be such a homer. Ok, so maybe you feel insulted b/c you guys have agood team but don't get the recognition you feel. GET OVER IT! The Sec, Big 10 and Big 12 will always get pub over us in the Pac-10. That's just howit is. But to come on here and say you were easily the best team in the land is a joke. You based that off the win against Michigan!?!?!?
roll.gif
Sure they were on their way to being something great but injuries happen. Itmight be tough to swallow but that's the reality. Take the L, get a blog, hold a candle light vigil and move on homies. I do think Dennis Dixon deservesHiesman votes but get over it. So many teams get key injuries and they don't have their homers coming in giving their emo sob stories.

Back
Top Bottom