Looks like Dennis Dixon WILL NOT be in NY for the Heisman...

I just saw a commercial on ESPN hyping the trophy ceremony. The five players featured were:

Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Chase Daniel
Pat White
Colt Brennan

Unfortunate that Dixon wasn't invited...as it seemed that it was his to lose before tearing his ACL.
smh.gif

Dixon is still more deserving than Brennan.

Colt wasn't even the best Run-n-Shoot QB in the country this year.

Let me be the first to say with pride and honor, THANK YOU DENNIS. Thank you for the incredible run that you've given the Ducks this year and all youryears at Oregon. There will NEVER be another like you. The Men of Oregon appreciate your grit, cunning plays, offensive intelligence, and just pure heart! Goodluck in the future. GO DUCKS!!!

fab25f4f68f4bff26be561472598b9e8421f425.pjpg
75215cf4fef4695a8ec8ac78135627fe5399927.pjpg

c3d35d59fbc5f314f4b06e305e86401c0f41c21.pjpg
1a525e8fa3f8df71669531e1c53d8b4106e3bb5.pjpg
250255cf7efd9f086c55c0b6890763b0d0f079f.pjpg
b8035408f467fbcdfc4e66635da38cf5ad8a6a0.pjpg

It would have been a nice gesture, but they could have saved their money. Everybody knows there's only two people they needed to invite.

good post men of Oregon . Glad to see another Oregon fan here. Its a shame dixon isn't invited. He was obviously the most valueable player In the country.Even with all the injuries dennis carried us all year. A healthy Oregon team was easily the est team in the land. I.e. 39-7@ Michigan.

"A healthy Oregon team was easily the best team in the land." ....... As much as people don't want to admit it, this is a TRUE statement! Talkabout our names, make fun of our uniforms, whatever... but at the end of the day they COULDN'T HANDLE US. One by one, they fell victim to our spreadoffense. And our front 7 and secondary choked them all on defense. We were a complete wrecking machine! An NCAA coach's worst nightmare!

yall "were"....its in the past....let it go...enjoy the holiday bowl (if that)
laugh.gif

Love Dixon. Wish him luck for the future, wish that he cudda won. I think it will be Tebow now by a longshot. His stats are CRAZY.

I would LOVE to see Brennan win it though. A small shool guy. I also like McFadden but i dont think he will win.

Yeah, we're just going to let go of that fact that Oregon entered the season as the best team in the entire country and now we're pretty much lookingat an offense full of 3rd and 4th string caliber skill players. Chances are we're going to finish the season on a 4 game skid through no fault of our own.We're going to be without our 2 best running backs, our 2 best recievers, and our THREE, count em THREE best QB's, in an offense where everything goesthrough the QB. USC will lose a couple o-lineman and use THAT as a good enough excuse as to why they lose, meanwhile Peter is forced to insert another measlyinexperience blue-chipper
frown.gif

Trust me, I still write hate mail to Eric Crouch, this kind of pain will linger for awhile.

Yeah, we're just going to let go of that fact that Oregon entered the season as the best team in the entire country and now we're pretty much looking at an offense full of 3rd and 4th string caliber skill players.

Amazing how that's the truth. A healthy Oregon team wins the national championship. I guarantee it. Unfortunately, as things are...we probably will end theseason on another 4 game losing streak...

Not to poop the party, but Georgia > Oregon.

McFadden deserves the Heisman more than anyone not named Dennis Dixon. Tebow is a freakin joke, point, blank, period.

Knowshon for Heisman

smh...Dixon deserves an invite. Colt Brennan doesn't deserve to be there since his team is irrelevant due to the fact they play nobody.

i wouldnt say tebow is a joke, but he is WIDELY overrated by his stats. Florida did a great job padding his stats up for the Heisman and they will probably berewarded for it

if you took an unbiased CFB fan, and showed him equal amounts of footage for each of these guys this season:

-Tim Tebow
-Darren Mcfadden
-Chase Daniel
-Pat White

and you ask them afterwards to simply rank them in order of how outstanding they felt they were on the field after seeing them play, and what type of playersthey are on the field (lol and no exposure to ESPN, ESPN.com or anything related, exposure to slurping would tamper with the control variables) Tebow is atthe bottom of that list or 2nd last most of the time, and you ALL know this

The Heisman voting is a joke. Dixon should have been there but his injury took him out. Brennan doesn't deserve to be there this year, but he deserved itlast year when he broke the TD single season record and he wasn't invited to NY. It's completely backwards.

Colt is my dude but he has missed two and a half games this year (one of them being the huge Nevada victory). The only reason he is invited is because of theteam's ranking. He has been very good this year, but his performance last year was far far better. Just goes to show that voters don't really watch thegames.

No need to invite Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel or Pat White

only Tebow and Mcfadden are really necessary IMO

Originally Posted by Cali Dro Cardo

McFadden deserves the Heisman more than anyone not named Dennis Dixon. Tebow is a freakin joke, point, blank, period.

yes he is

Those arent the people that are actually going to the ceremony its just an Ad

laugh.gif
@ Tebow being a joke. dude had one of the best seasons in NCAAhistory, as a sophomore, in BY FAR the best and most dominant conference in the country. i guess since he lost 3 games he's a bum.

and i actually like Oregon and was pulling for them to make it to the NCG, but you dudes honestly need to let it go...

forget that UF system....his 20 + rushing TD's is not impressive.....i mean come on 18 of them were within 5 yds....any Qb could do that if the coach gameplanned the running game behind his qb

You Oregon fans need to give it up....

Every year Oregon is hyped up and every year they end up blowing it....

^^^ any data to back that up?

Year after year...Oregon is either un-ranked or in the 20s in the preseason polls...fights and claws their way to the Top10/Top5...losses once and they"blow it"...I gaurentee that if you look at the program that has climbed the most number of positions in the polls, year after year, it will beOregon...without question...just like this year...unrated, picked to finish 5th or 6th in the Pac-10...

LSU...the suppose "best" team in the country...those are the fans that need to give it up...that team is 2 or 3 dumb-luck Les Miles play calls frombeing a 4 or 5 loss team...

Their defense would be been run ragged by a healthy Ducks team...

SEC isn't as good as the hype, never has been, never will be...and, until the likes of Florida and LSU play some powerhouse teams out-of-conference andquit scheduling Tulane and Western Carolina...they can't lay claim to the best conference in the country...

BTW...Tebow IS a joke...his stats are OBVIOUSLY padded in garbage time and against the likes of Western Carolina, etc...

JM

Back
Top Bottom