looking to move to the north west

alright looking to make a move to the northwest either portland or seattle. i've visited both (over the road truck driver) looking for suggestions likeplace to live
communties wheather year round social networking. it'll be myself no kids no girl. making about 45k 25yo african american (feels like im doing an onlinedating profile) so what should i be looking at up there i love it when i visit but how about living ?

The rain gets annoying up in Seattle sometimes but youll get use to it; maybe even enjoy it. The summers are the best though. If youre living in Seattle youllnever run out of things to do.

rain i can get used to used to stay in baton rouge growing up. what about winter time i had some delivers up there this past winter and boy did it snow matterof fact they closed down i-5 for a few days on the way down. also howse the women there i know it isnt atl but how are they?

really ? suggestions i was thinking of hawaii but its a grip to stay out there. `whats the pros and cons

Hawaii is fun for a few months...but then you get bored. Sure, the weather is nice...but when it rains there (trust me it does) it hits hard -- feels like amonsoon. I've been to my fair share of places around the states, Asia, and Canada...the Seattle area was my favorite. The weather is random andunpredictable at times, but when it's nice here I find reason on why I like this place so much.

It's really up to you though. A lot of people find reasons why they love and hate Seattle.

well i drive trucks for aliving i drive throughthe pacific northwest a bit. i love the montains, the ports, its like a diffrent smell up there. cant explainreally its just something that attracts me all the time im there i have to stop and take it in. also ive lived in dallas, atlanta, tampa ,des moines iowa,omaha , denver, baton rouge, south bend, syracuse, and kansas city. but its just something about there. like would i be good making 55k a year? also to thehawaii guy how was living out there besides the wheater cost of living economy

I'm a PDX native and love it here. yea the gloom gets depressing but there is a lot of stuff to do if you are into the outdoors.
here is my breakdown on PDX.
PROS:
many outdoor activities (snowboarding/skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, climbing, hiking, etc.)
lots of good places to eat
friendly people, mostly
lots of nightlife, though not as much as bigger cities
feels like a big town rather than a small city
easy to get around, not the traffic of bigger cities
great downtown area
lots of very good weed
CONS:
housing market has been way overpriced, but is now just somewhat overpriced (for buying that is)
lack of sun for about 6 months
no real good shoe spots. there's compound but they don't really get a lot
mostly white people (I'm white, and the lack of diversity is a bit lame IMO)
most people are the same here now that people from all over the country have moved here (polar fleece wearing, subaru driving, dog/lab owning, organic foodbuying, ultraliberals)
job market can suck pretty bad
we have vancouver as a neighbor (thanks for using all our good stuff and giving nothing back but meth heads and traffic)

anyhow, there are lots more on both sides but that is what I have to start with. hope that helps

probally my last question portland or seattle ? not trying to start any beefs or anything also the women how are they?

If you move to Seattle. I would live Downtown close to the Belltown/Fremont area...all the areas north of downtown are pretty nice

not trying to start any beefs or anything also the women how are they?
depends on what you like?

^ Belltown near Fremont? Hunh?

I Suggest the greater Capital Hill Area for partying and belltown for women.

I would stay away from most of north Seattle except maybe Fremont.

laugh.gif
my bad I just mean areas north of downtown

Originally Posted by ExileUE

Originally Posted by dmagic21

probally my last question portland or seattle ? not trying to start any beefs or anything also the women how are they?

2009's most unhappiets/depressed cities. from the general forum.

portland got ranked first if that sways your decision
Portland released bad data. It is not that bad...

But to your choice, I have lived in both cities. The Majority here in Oregon. Also lived in DC, but you can't go wrong with either city. Seattle has theSports, Portland has better night life IMO and if you are into beer Portland is the city for you. It has more breweries than any other city in the WORLD.Plenty of excellent ones to choose from! I personally will have a place in both cities when I get a little older.

Back
Top Bottom