Looking Back... How do you feel about The Massacre?

I can't even lie I've been a huge 50 fan since the beginning. Either way I would never stretch and say that Curtis was a good album, but to this day Istill give the Massacre rotations every once in a while. Of course it has nothing on Get Rich or Die Tryin, but to me it is definitely a great album that isnot even close to a classic. So what you guys think? and btw In My Hood
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Get In My Car
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Position of Power
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It was a good body of work. It was constantly criticized of the mixture between "soft" and "hard" tracks. I personally like the album,I'd give it about a 3.9/5.

Still, Power of the Dollar > All of 50's work.

It was good. I liked it.

50 however just lost his appeal and all of his gimmicks makes me think that he doesn't look at rap as an art form anymore, just another way to trick peopleinto buying records. If you listen to the way he talks about music, its very...contrived...theres no connection to it anymore...He'd be much better offfollowing a Jay-Z model in that Jigga used to rap about street life, but now hes elevated far beyond that realm and only talks about lifestyle issues/concernsand politics. All of his ways to somehow sneak back into the lime light are being recognized and fans see through that. If you even look at the show he had inNYC a few days ago...yeah it was great he brought talent together for a good event, it was interesting to see him perform songs from 6-7 years ago...and only1-2 songs SINCE that era...50 won't ever do it again. If he does we'll see through it as "he thought this would work so he put it out" not"he believes in his craft and wants to elevate the field"

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

It was a good body of work. It was constantly criticized of the mixture between "soft" and "hard" tracks. I personally like the album, I'd give it about a 3.9/5.

Still, Power of the Dollar > All of 50's work.
yeah power of the dollar was the real deal 50.the massacre was cool thou... i used to love rider muzik...

He had some DOPE tracks on there... About 10-12

It was just put togeather poorly, and it had no overall theme...

So it was a BAD "album"... But it had some pretty SOLID music... @ the end of the day it ends up sounding more like a guy who made 20 some songsthroughout the course of year rather then someone who put togeather a cohesive piece of work with an overall theme/motive... He was simply capitalizing off abuzz

Shorten this to like a 13 or 14 track album or less and you have a great album. The lousy songs really took away from this album.

Curtis was T R A S H.

But yea The Massacre was a dope album IMO. I still play some of the songs from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom