Lol is college all about internships?

If your looking for an internship or just normal job openings and you go to college, the career center is your best bet because they will have all the up to date listings.

Also, most companies will have intern information on their website (esp. accounting firms) so if you know a company you want to work for look up their website.

If your looking for an internship or just normal job openings and you go to college, the career center is your best bet because they will have all the up to date listings.

Also, most companies will have intern information on their website (esp. accounting firms) so if you know a company you want to work for look up their website.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who you know > internships

(and that being said, internships do help)

Truth... but through internships you should be trying to meet people.
for example in Accounting/Financing, don't just walk up the block and ask each office if they are hiring interns. So how exactly do you find out about internship offerings? 

Your right most people don't but it couldn't hurt. You could go in and help at a place for an hour or so during lunch. If your in a city go to a different one each day of the week. You will meet a lot of people, they will see how much you want to learn and somewhere along the line some one will help you get a job or you can just use this experience on your resume. Unpaid internships I guess. When you go shake a lot of hand ask a lot of questions.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who you know > internships

(and that being said, internships do help)

Truth... but through internships you should be trying to meet people.
for example in Accounting/Financing, don't just walk up the block and ask each office if they are hiring interns. So how exactly do you find out about internship offerings? 

Your right most people don't but it couldn't hurt. You could go in and help at a place for an hour or so during lunch. If your in a city go to a different one each day of the week. You will meet a lot of people, they will see how much you want to learn and somewhere along the line some one will help you get a job or you can just use this experience on your resume. Unpaid internships I guess. When you go shake a lot of hand ask a lot of questions.

Are the people mad about having to get internships just angry because they have to put some effort into actually getting a job?

Are the people mad about having to get internships just angry because they have to put some effort into actually getting a job?

i did an internship with a small start-up and to be honest, i didnt get much out of it. i thought i was going to learn marketing, but all i did was clean up, run errands, and did other misc. stuff. however, i maintained a great relationship with my supervisor and she actually hooked me up with some temp work at her new company that she worked for.

i did an internship with a small start-up and to be honest, i didnt get much out of it. i thought i was going to learn marketing, but all i did was clean up, run errands, and did other misc. stuff. however, i maintained a great relationship with my supervisor and she actually hooked me up with some temp work at her new company that she worked for.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

I'm getting rejected from unpaid and volunteer jobs. TIMES IS ROUGH.

damn son. what ru trying to get into? either you are horrible at filling out apps or your interviewing skills are horrible. i got my internship by talking to the guy over e-mail and phone 3 hours away
laugh.gif

how old ru?

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

I'm getting rejected from unpaid and volunteer jobs. TIMES IS ROUGH.

damn son. what ru trying to get into? either you are horrible at filling out apps or your interviewing skills are horrible. i got my internship by talking to the guy over e-mail and phone 3 hours away
laugh.gif

how old ru?

Originally Posted by DMan14

however, i maintained a great relationship with my supervisor and she actually hooked me up with some temp work at her new company that she worked for.

I actually find little perks like these very helpful and beneficial for the future. This shows how much confidence, respect, and reliability your supervisor has in you. With her hooking you up with a new job at her new office is big imo. If you keep up the good work she will always consider you as an option when new positions open up. 

Originally Posted by DMan14

however, i maintained a great relationship with my supervisor and she actually hooked me up with some temp work at her new company that she worked for.

I actually find little perks like these very helpful and beneficial for the future. This shows how much confidence, respect, and reliability your supervisor has in you. With her hooking you up with a new job at her new office is big imo. If you keep up the good work she will always consider you as an option when new positions open up. 

Back
Top Bottom