Loft / Attic Storage for Kicks? Recommended?

hi there,
i just wanted to ask you fine folks if any of you use your attic /loft spaces for kicks storage? I just moved and I have a huge attic/loft space and I was thinking of storing my nikes up in there. thing is, it is not converted for living with heat etc but it does have boarded flooring. if anything its dry and clean but quite cold! 

have any of you used this kind of space and will the cold affect the leather, air units etc? my stuff is all af1/jordans/ air maxes  etc. if this thread is repeated/similar elsewhere, lmk and I will remove/del. I couldn't find this topic through searching

any advice much appreciated!

If it gets real cold in the winter, it probably gets real hot in the summer which I thought was bad for shoes.

I wouldn't go it unless its fully insulated and had some sort of a/c or heater outlet.

Thanks De, its does vary between hot & cold in summer/winter, but not huge extremes, it is underboard insulated and in summer its more of less just above room temperature. when its the cold during the rest of year that i think that may be a problem. it seems too good a space to waste!

Best place I've stored them is in a closet. You have to be really careful about an attic too, have you seen any pests up there in the winter?

When storing shoes, the temp should ways be basically room temp which is about 68-70 degrees. I would not recommend using an attic are for storage...

Seems like a okay spot, just monitor the temperature on hot days.cool/dark places are the best for storing kicks.

Where do you live because cold is fine but SUMMER HEAT will make you need some ant-depression pills when you check your kicks. It can get really cold and really hot in those places. The heat will ruin some shoes.

I am in the UK. the winters are cold, and summers can get hot. I was thinking in the summer, if it got too much/too hot I would simply move them. so I take it that heat is what I should be worried about not so much cold (obviously not excessive cold) 
man, I am coming off like such a noob lol. I have been collecting kicks for years but have only now run out of spare room space, so it was never an issue previously. lol.
thanks for the help so far guys.

Back
Top Bottom