LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Warriors would have Love already if it weren't for bum *** Martin :smh:.

with the addition of livingston, it's pretty obvious that we have no need/desire for martin (not that the warriors ever did). but maybe this gives us some leverage as to why we won't trade if martin's a part of the deal. granted, i really like kmart's offense, it's unfortunate he looks worse than steph on defense.

i've read a few articles stating that since the bulls are heavily pursuing melo and not love, that it puts more pressure on the wolves to lower their trade demands for love since there are less suitors

lee + barnes = love? (imma cross my fingers, toes, and eyes on this)

Last edited:
Signing Livingston hints 2 things: 

It's shows that we don't wanna be a dumping grounds for Minnesota by taking Kevin Martin's contract. We'll just ride out with our current roster adding a cheaper stretch 4 in possibly Frye or Hawes. 

-or-

It shows we'll trade Klay for Love now. 

I personally think it's the first one. I have a feeling we'll sign Frye or Hawes in the next few days, and try to "Joe Johnson" David Lee by getting him off the books before the trade deadline next year to sign Love in the 2015 Free Agency. Frye or Hawes will move up in the starting rotation once Lee is shipped.

They can't sign anybody. The only way they can acquire a player is through the trade exception, but that expires on the 12th(?).

Warriors look to preserve Oracle Arena atmosphere in San Francisco with seats closer to court

Posted on June 30, 2014 by Diamond Leung

OAKLAND – Warriors president Rick Welts called this past season “an unqualified success” from a basketball and business perspective.

Despite firing their coach after not advancing past the first round of the playoffs, the Warriors did make it to the postseason in consecutive seasons for the first time in 22 years. The Warriors also entered into an agreement to purchase land in San Francisco’s Mission Bay for a new arena slated to open in time for the 2018-19 season.

Welts knows that while the Warriors go for an NBA championship, the team also achieved a degree of certainty in purchasing private land. The project is doable as the team no longer has to wade through the politics of building an arena on the public property on Piers 30-32.

“The things we can focus on now for the arena are much more – how should I say it – rewarding,” Welts said Monday on the final day of the team’s fiscal year.

Golden State, which was recognized by the SportsBusiness Journal/Daily as the “Sports Team of the Year,” now can turn its attention to designing what co-owner Joe Lacob has said will be the “best arena in the world” and one that doesn’t lose what Oracle Arena already has.

“The issue is will we maintain the same atmosphere?” Lacob told KGO-TV earlier this month. “That is something that I worry about every single day. We’re concerned in the sense that I don’t want to make a mistake and have it not be the same atmosphere.”

Welts said he would call it “a mandate to architects” that the atmosphere at 19,500-seat Oracle Arena not only be preserved, but perhaps enhanced even though the design has not yet been finalized on a new arena that seats about 18,000.

“We believe we’re going to be able to say that every seat in the new arena is going to be as close if not closer than every seat currently is in Oracle,” Welts said.

“One of the ways that we’re going to accomplish this when we haven’t shown a lot of the interior design is that there will only be one ring of traditional suites instead of two stacked like at Oracle or at Staples (Center), where there’s three stacked suites. That really gives up the opportunity to more than maintain the intimacy.”

Welts said there is a design trick involved — he declined to reveal it — that would enable the new arena to have almost exactly the same number of suites on only one ring while fans get closer to the action. The goal is to have a smaller arena not be “too cavernous,” which is what Lacob said is the case at Staples Center where fans sit high up from the court.

Warriors fans are apparently responding to the team’s success on the court and the promise of a new arena, with the team having renewed 92 percent of its season ticket holders for next season. Welts said having a renewal rate of more than 90 percent for any team is “extraordinary.”

While the Warriors had a season ticket wait list of 5,300, about 1,000 of those seats were filled by fans from the wait list able to select seats this past weekend.

“Our hope is that we’re going to be bringing the fans that make Oracle such a special experience with us (to San Francisco),” Welts said, adding that he expected the vast majority of season ticket holders to renew for the new arena.

“Giving up your seat now makes it very unlikely you’re going to get a seat back when we make the move, so I think people are excited about the team, but I also think they’re protecting their real estate.”

Afflalo + future 1st for Barnes doesn't make sense.

Get Ric Bucher in here right now!

I'm sure you guys heard this from yesterday:
Stephen A. said the Warriors offered Lee, Thompson and Barnes for Love + #13 pick and the Wolves declined.

No way it was true, that's why I decided to post it. I always read the hate that ESPN analysts and their insiders get, but this was the first that really made me laugh.

There's no way that is true. Anyone who works at ESPN can basically pull any fake rumor out of their *** without any consequences for being proven wrong.

God that would have been amazing. I think LaVine is going to be a monster. Super athletic and can bomb from downtown? I know he is a little raw but I think he will be crazy good.

I am starting to lose faith that we will get Love.

I guess my prediction on Frye and Hawes was wrong 
laugh.gif

Orlando tho? 

I'm very intrigued to see how Festus does in the SL this Friday. He filled in the starting role well when Bogut was out, and he could've made a impact in the playoffs, just hoping his D hasn't diminished since injury.

Golden State's $9.8 million trade exception expires Thursday @ 9pm. If GSW have anything up their sleeve then it'll happen soon!!

Lebron takes the exception. We give home a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Season tickets to niner games. An Adapt merch deal. Ownership of the A's.

Lebron takes the exception. We give home a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Season tickets to niner games. An Adapt merch deal. Ownership of the A's.

forget just season tix, imma need LeBron to be the first dual sports star to play in the NFL and NBA.. catch passes from both kaep and steph

With the recent signings of Chandler Parsons and Gordan Hayward.....the Warriors would be absolutely ******ed to not want to include Klay in the deal for Love.  I thought this before....but it is even more apparent now.

By not trading Thompson, we essentially would be making the commitment long term to him, and he would need a contract that was similar if not larger than the two contracts given to Parsons and Hayward.  To me, it is an absolute no brainer for our team to build around the Curry/Love combo instead of the Curry/Thompson combo.  This is not even close to me.  And the Curry/Love combo would probably only cost around $4M more a season, if that.

We need to make this trade. I just think as time passes, we are less likely to.....which upsets me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom