**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hint #2:

The death knell to his tenure with the team who drafted him was being supplanted as a starter by a former XFL'er.

Kordell Stewart started his career as a 4th string QB in 1995, but because of his versatility, saw the field as a WR and had key catches in the regular season and postseason for the AFC Champion, Pittsburgh Steelers. He would later supplant Mike Tomczak as the Steelers starter in the latter part of 1996 and led the Steelers to the AFCCG in '97 in a narrow loss to the Denver Broncos. He would regain his starting role from Kent Graham in 2000 and in 2001, the year he was offensive player of the year, led the Steelers back to the AFCCG where they lost to the Patriots by 7. The next season, Stewart lost his job to Tommy Maddox, formely of the XFL, which ultimately led to his career as a Steeler ending.

that last hint was the one, I remember thinking "damn, he was still playing?" when he announced his retirement :lol:

I wish I had funny football stories
I just got my wrist sprained once from playing pickup football in 6th grade
Couldn't play sports for 2 weeks smh was the worst feeling ever in middle school

soft.0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom