**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this ad instead

F05DC53C-1BEB-43F9-BE3A-ECF24EF9441F.png

Meth got some explaining to do

Fresh from NT General

Didn't the Jags win or come out one of the winners in like, 2 out of the past 3 offseasons? You can cash in potentially better that way sure, or dig your grave faster.

JAX signed Odrick, Skuda, D.House, and Parnell before the 2015 season - I think those were all $20M deals, some over. Odrick's was 50M+.

Yeah the key to the jags was the more low key deals they made ^

wonder who gonna throw the bag to Demarcus Lawrence if the Boys don't retain him

Bruh Leveon never getting paid mane.

They’ll tag him for a year and then let him walk. Unless Ben retires before then.

Yeah the key to the jags was the more low key deals they made ^

i wouldnt really say low key.. calais, bouye and dareus werent low key and all those guys got huge roles on the D.. but they got a ton of high picks throughout the roster now doing things and they hit on some mid rounders that are contributing (telvin smith is the big one)

i wouldnt really say low key.. calais, bouye and dareus werent low key and all those guys got huge roles on the D.. but they got a ton of high picks throughout the roster now doing things and they hit on some mid rounders that are contributing (telvin smith is the big one)

So basically they got til the rookie deals are up to win it all

I think he was referring to my post where there were a bunch of lower-$ deals the Jags made after 2014, into the 2015 season.

As for last offseason into this season for Jacksonville, and the low-key labeling of those moves they made, I mean maybe.

Dareus and Calais are guys who were either deemed not worth the time or big $ the individual wanted (Dareus), or on the verge of an age cliff where play quality would soon drop assumedly (Calais).

Most teams probably saw them as very usable or stellar for 2017/the short-term, but that they may not be worth 2018-2020 and the money tied into those years, if they age (Calais) or didn't put in the work (Dareus). At least that's what the Bills and Cardinals quote on quote "said" by allowing them out of their situations/not retaining them and moving on.

The low-key tag might apply because based on their play it should've been even harder for the Jags to get them and/or both of them, especially in the way they did. Dareus injected that rush defense with something it didn't have before him, and Calais made it respectable through both he and Malik. Then, Fowler Jr. had four more sacks than last year, 2 more FF than last year, 2 more fumble recoveries than last year...

Just a solid unit all around, hard to dissect it as what is and what isn't making it what it is because it all came together around the same time.

So basically they got til the rookie deals are up to win it all

i mean we'll see what they do with the QB spot, which obviously is a big money move if they go through FA (say cousins)

but on defense they'll have to pay ramsey and jack pretty good money.. and the paid telvin good money

Did anyone talk about Jeremy Lane of the Seahawks getting pulled over yet? Blew a .03 (below the legal limit), but told the officer, "I'm more high than anything."

Doh!

Did anyone talk about Jeremy Lane of the Seahawks getting pulled over yet? Blew a .03 (below the legal limit), but told the officer, "I'm more high than anything."

Doh!
I actually feel legit bad for the dude.
He got injured badly on his first interception at the Super Bowl against the Pats right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom