LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by dreClark

Timmy Chang is the greatest QB in the history of college football.

Stupid argument. Chang had the best stats because of system and competition. LMJ and Quizz had the same competition , Devine played worse. LMJ had more yards than both with less carries. He also led the nation in runs over 20 yards. I do think Devine is better but I would take LMJ over Quizz.

laugh.gif
stats as the basis for someone being better.

Lord. keep that %@+* in the fantasy football geek threads

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by dreClark

No way is LaMichael James better than Noel Devine and Quizzy.

Shut the #%%# up.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

2. Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh (5-8/195, Soph.)
BUZZ: Lewis ran for 1,799 yards last season; that's second-most in school history, behind only Tony Dorsett. He was the Big East's rookie of the year and offensive player of the year.
My fav back in the country...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
stats as the basis for someone being better.

Lord. keep that %@+* in the fantasy football geek threads

Better I use those than. " No way Devine and Quizz are better than LMJ". 

1. Michael FloydNotre Dame (6-3/220, Jr.) 
BUZZ: Floyd - an excellent combination of speed, size and athleticism - caught 44 passes for 795 yards and nine touchdowns last season despite playing in just seven games. He has had at least 100 receiving yards in nine of the 18 games he has played and has 16 touchdown catches. Floyd's career average of 84.1 receiving yards per game leads all active FBS players who have appeared in at least 15 games.

1. Kyle RudolphNotre Dame (6-6/265, Jr.) 
BUZZ: A rare combination of size, speed and strength, Rudolph should be a great fit for the new offense being installed by Brian Kelly. Rudolph has caught 62 passes for 704 yards and five TDs in his career. He may match those totals this season.
Just stay healthy, Dayne.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
@ Boise being better than Florida
You can't justify putting Florida ahead of Boise based on the end of last year and who is coming back.

People need to stop bagging on the fact that BSU is not in the SEC which is top heavy and everyone knows Florida never even attempts to prove itself outside of the SEC. At least Texas man's up and schedules some games OOC
indifferent.gif
Those are all good points and I've always ragged on Florida for their !%*%# OOC scheduling, but you guys can't really get on anybody about their schedule
laugh.gif
I know you scheduled Oregon and us OOC the past couple years, but beyond that your whole schedule is a complete cake walk. You guys are a great team but Florida would have also gone undefeated the past few years had they played your schedule, and not by 7 points against Tulsa or 10 points against Louisiana Tech. Florida would molly whop those teams.

One of the things I admire about you guys is that you execute so well that you can play with the big boys even though you might not have the same talent level (obviously guys like Pettis, Young, Avery etc. are very talented but top to bottom you do not have the same talent level as a Florida or a Texas). That being said, good coaching and execution will only get you so far, look at what Florida did to Cincy last year (who I would argue was a team with fairly similar make up to Boise). I'm not saying that Florida is going to be definitively better than you next year, but rather that you can't underestimate how much of an impact the talent level has. You guys are definitely capable of beating a lot of good teams, but I really don't think you'd be able to make it through an SEC schedule the way Florida or Bama do. Is that a function of program history, school size, conference etc? Yes, but looking at it from a neutral standpoint that doesn't change the fact that those teams can often "out talent" other schools. That's what happened to us when we played LSU in 2007, we just got straight up out talented, especially in the trenches.

Lucky for you guys, we are not one of those teams that has those deep talent bases at almost every position, so we won't be able to out talent you and your high level of execution could pose a big problem for us. I still think we will pull it out though.
wink.gif
First off I agree more or less with everything you said and I appreciate the fact that you show us some respect and realize that we are a legit team, you will find out first hand in a few weeks
smokin.gif

The one thing I say about Cincy is that they were kind of a flash in the pan program, and we have the most wins in D-1 in the last ten years. That is against inferior competition relative to the SEC, but we win and win and then win some more. My argument against the SEC/Big 10/Pac 10 stuff is that if we had that level of recruiting we would be as good or better than those schools but thats something that cant be proven ever so its a moot point.

We open the season next year against Ole Miss and we will lose a lot of key guys so we will find out how we do against a middle of the road SEC school. I think a lot of SEC fans think that the middle of the road and even bottom of the conference is better than BSU and I just have to disagree.

I would have loved to have played Florida last year in the Fiesta bowl and have TCU played Cinci. A few years ago UTAH absolutely mopped the floor with Alabama (something that Bama fan's seem to forget rather quickly).

Give the mid major heavyweights, BSU, TCU, BYU, Utah a chance and lets see what can happen. So far the Pac-10 and VTech are the only ones to really step up and see whats what.

If Brian Kelly were still at Cincy they would probably be Big East favorites again. Cincinnati was legit and could still be. No different than was Boise State is doing now.

He couldn't.

Hudson was coming to FSU to coach w/ Jimbo (Once he became HC) regardless. Unless he was named a HC somewhere else before.

Plus, Hudson accepted the job before Skip left.

ok, what does Lamichael James do on the football field better than Jaquizz ...

Run.
Lets see, he is faster ( a lot faster) hes quicker and has better agility. Quizz might have better feet but its close.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

ok, what does Lamichael James do on the football field better than Jaquizz ...

Run.
Lets see, he is faster ( a lot faster) hes quicker and has better agility. Quizz might have better feet but its close.

Quizz runs harder, blocks better, catches most everything thrown at him, and never puts the ball on the ground. He's an amazing all-around back.

The state of Oregon is in for a treat with the RB play this year...
pimp.gif

Give the mid major heavyweights, BSU, TCU, BYU, Utah a chance and lets see what can happen. So far the Pac-10 and VTech are the only ones to really step up and see whats what.
I say on your day you can beat anyone in the country and every team would have to fear them.  That is why a lot of teams don't play the mid major heavyweights because people conveniently forget when a big school comes in and beats one of yall.  I know it was 5 years ago but UGA smashed Boise the first game of that season.  Also, FSU crushed BYU last year in Utah after they were riding high from the Oklahoma win.  Would you really blame UF or anyone else that they don't play OOC when they go to Tuscaloosa, play LSU, go to Tallahassee, play UGA and USCe and then if they win the East then probably play Bama again in SEC Championship. There is no point in playing BSU or TCU when the public will just say after "well they were just a mid major" and it would not give the boost that it should.  There is not much of an upside to play these teams.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
@ Boise being better than Florida
You can't justify putting Florida ahead of Boise based on the end of last year and who is coming back.

People need to stop bagging on the fact that BSU is not in the SEC which is top heavy and everyone knows Florida never even attempts to prove itself outside of the SEC. At least Texas man's up and schedules some games OOC
indifferent.gif
Those are all good points and I've always ragged on Florida for their !%*%# OOC scheduling, but you guys can't really get on anybody about their schedule
laugh.gif
I know you scheduled Oregon and us OOC the past couple years, but beyond that your whole schedule is a complete cake walk. You guys are a great team but Florida would have also gone undefeated the past few years had they played your schedule, and not by 7 points against Tulsa or 10 points against Louisiana Tech. Florida would molly whop those teams.

One of the things I admire about you guys is that you execute so well that you can play with the big boys even though you might not have the same talent level (obviously guys like Pettis, Young, Avery etc. are very talented but top to bottom you do not have the same talent level as a Florida or a Texas). That being said, good coaching and execution will only get you so far, look at what Florida did to Cincy last year (who I would argue was a team with fairly similar make up to Boise). I'm not saying that Florida is going to be definitively better than you next year, but rather that you can't underestimate how much of an impact the talent level has. You guys are definitely capable of beating a lot of good teams, but I really don't think you'd be able to make it through an SEC schedule the way Florida or Bama do. Is that a function of program history, school size, conference etc? Yes, but looking at it from a neutral standpoint that doesn't change the fact that those teams can often "out talent" other schools. That's what happened to us when we played LSU in 2007, we just got straight up out talented, especially in the trenches.

Lucky for you guys, we are not one of those teams that has those deep talent bases at almost every position, so we won't be able to out talent you and your high level of execution could pose a big problem for us. I still think we will pull it out though.
wink.gif
First off I agree more or less with everything you said and I appreciate the fact that you show us some respect and realize that we are a legit team, you will find out first hand in a few weeks
smokin.gif

The one thing I say about Cincy is that they were kind of a flash in the pan program, and we have the most wins in D-1 in the last ten years. That is against inferior competition relative to the SEC, but we win and win and then win some more. My argument against the SEC/Big 10/Pac 10 stuff is that if we had that level of recruiting we would be as good or better than those schools but thats something that cant be proven ever so its a moot point.

We open the season next year against Ole Miss and we will lose a lot of key guys so we will find out how we do against a middle of the road SEC school. I think a lot of SEC fans think that the middle of the road and even bottom of the conference is better than BSU and I just have to disagree.

I would have loved to have played Florida last year in the Fiesta bowl and have TCU played Cinci. A few years ago UTAH absolutely mopped the floor with Alabama (something that Bama fan's seem to forget rather quickly).

We didnt give a $%@% about that sugar bowl and !%%* andre smith

Those lists/rankings must be from Rivals. All their CFB ratings/rankings/predictions are garbage. They should just stick to recruiting.

laugh.gif
@ there being 20 better WR's in the country than Hankerson. Stop it.

My argument against the SEC/Big 10/Pac 10 stuff is that if we had that level of recruiting we would be as good or better than those schools but thats something that cant be proven ever so its a moot point.

Yea and the point I was trying to make was that while that might be the case, you guys DON'T have that level of recruiting (nor do we for that matter) so it doesn't really matter. It's like if I'm looking at the Yankees and Brewers, and the Brewers say, "Well, if we were in a big market like the Yankees and had all that money to spend, we'd have an all star roster too, then we'd REALLY dominate!" Yea that hypothetical situation could be true, but it's not reality.

I can respect you as a fan b/c you are not a homer that doesn't realize that. I've seen some messageboard chatter from Boise fans saying they are a tougher opponent than Alabama was for us last year, and that they are UNDER rated at #3 in the Coaches Poll. We've got a lot of fans that feel the same sense of entitlement and act like it doesn't even matter who we recruit because whoever the players are they will be coached up to outperform whoever else we are playing.

Back
Top Bottom