|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think the Lakers could've played Biyombo and Randle together on offense, but defensively makes more sense.

Does Mos and Randle work on any end?
Mozgov can work as a release valve around 18 ft that Biyombo cannot.

Defensively, he can't switch like Biyombo though. But he's pretty good protecting the rim in his own right.

Last edited:
Not mad at Moz. There's not justifying the price and 4 years, though.

I like Deng, too, but same thing. 4 years for $72mil?

But like others have said, it's not like we were in the running to bring in KD and DRoze to challenge for a title, so eff it.

We're still building.

Luke, DLo, Clarkson, Randle, Moz, Deng, I can deal with that.

Oh, and Nick. 
mean.gif

I think it's safe to say the Mozgov was a panic move seeing as this has played out so far.

Whispers that moz's contract is eligible for amnesty after year 2 but nothing official. Anywho I'm really not mad at these deals. Now we simply know how it feels to be a garbage bag team that has to overpay. As far as I know these deals only affect something like signing kd and Westbrook and curry which was never realistic. I was always of the mind that we'd build around the picks so the only hole would be at the 5 anyway. This is gonna be our squad more or less for the next decade and I'm fine with it. I think these kids have serious potential.

A front court of Ibaka and Biyombo :nerd:

Orlando just became the oldest team in the league overnight

Looking at Affalo's deal 2 yrs 25 million, what would have been so bad about doing that for both of these deals we have? Deng's number if fine, but we still overpaid for Mosgov.

Because afflalo is trash and doesn't fill a need

Mozzy had a cyst removed from his knee stop saying he has bad knees

This

So we are stuck with Mozguap and cotDENG for 4 years/$140mil ($72+$68) unless traded, right?

And if we hadn't signed anything y'all would still be asking for the FO to be fired....

So...

In reality unless they got KD they would of failed in your eyes either way.

I'll take MOZ and Deng over another off season of nothing personally, thanks

There are no realistic silver bullet FA signings that would have made this team competitive. Mitch and Jim realized this and made the signings that supplement our young players to develop the core of our future. I think still being upset about this doesn't serve any of you well.

Deng may supplement our future but Mosgov does not and neither of them had to be long term deals given their age. This offseason gets a big fat F. And I look forward to not having to deal with this front office's incompetence any more after this year. These moves don't make us competitive so why not just punt the offseason and let the kids run wild. Made stop gap moves without the stop, just terrible.

Last edited:
We had to overpay. We signed two vets from playoff teams to join the 2nd worst team in the league. Such is life. Compare our free agency to the other bottom 5 teams and not pie in the sky delusions of kd and Whiteside

Last edited:
If the deals for Mozgov and Deng were three years, with a fourth year team option then I would have given them a B+ grading (if we consider Durant and Whiteside the A+ grading).

As they are, I'll grade the deals as C+

Who is Moz hurting by being on the team?

He absolutely fits the mold of what we want to do. Rim defending, pick and roll support, solid stroke from midrange. You can be upset with his last year, his contract, and his age, but you can't deny that there is a coherent explanation for why he's with us now. He's clearly not someone to put us over the top, but he has the prototype skill set we'd want from the five.

Last edited:
Signings allow Clark, DLo, Randle and Ingram to shine. I'm all for that. I'm already sold on Clark, but DLo and Randle need more work. Signing those two allows them that. 

Clarkson deal.... A range

Deng... B+

Mozgov... C (Would have been a B- if it had the option)

Throw in firing Byron.. Hiring Luke.... A & B+

Not losing the pick (luck, so it doesn't factor into the grade)

Drafting Ingram: A+

Ivica Zubac B-

B+ offseason

They would have shined or at least got the opportunity to regardless of who else was out there to supplement from the pool of available guys to us. They've been doing 1 year deals with these type of guys the last few seasons but decide to switch it up now. For what? If they were long term deals give them to other young guys (Biyombo, Crabbe, Baze) and let them grow together. Or if you're going to sign older guys overpay for a year or bring in a Hibbert type for one season just to fill the position and keep your flexibility. They did neither. We're still a bottom 3 team and are strapped the next few seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom