|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezeli just got 2 years/16 mill with the 2nd year as a team option from the blazers. cue the seinfeld getting up walking out gif :rofl:

Last edited:
Ezeli just got 2 years 16 mill with the 2nd year as a team option from the blazers. cue the seinfeld getting up walking out gif
roll.gif
At first I thought you were saying 16M a year.  Nope, entire contract was $15.2M.  Well, lets hope 34 year old mozgov can lug his big *** around at the end of the contract.

Ezeli just got 2 years 16 mill with the 2nd year as a team option from the blazers. cue the seinfeld getting up walking out gif :rofl:

At first I thought you were saying 16M a year.  Nope, entire contract was $15.2M.  Well, lets hope 34 year old mozgov can lug his big *** around at the end of the contract.

Nooo my fault my bad it was worded poorly, shouldve used a slash. But yeah seeing that deal hurts even more. They're only on the hook with him for 1 year if they hate him. What a steal

Medicals huh? You mean like a 30 year old who had unsuccessful knee surgery the past season? Spin spin spin.

Medicals huh? You mean like a 30 year old who had unsuccessful knee surgery the past season? Spin spin spin.

He rushed coming back from a removed cyst. You understand that compared to Ezeli's health problems (which have limited him to 46 games each of the last two seasons) that Mozgov has it much better, right?

Luke coached Festus all year and didn't even have him come in for a discussion. That should tell you enough about his health.

He rushed coming back from a removed cyst. You understand that compared to Ezeli's health problems (which have limited him to 46 games each of the last two seasons) that Mozgov has it much better, right?

Luke coached Festus all year and didn't even have him come in for a discussion. That should tell you enough about his health.

I was thinking the same thing. Luke had to have had some inside info on the guy or his personality

I'm curious what mamba actually expected to happen heading into this offseason

If they didn't get a young or a marquee free agent to sign older guys to 2 year deals that would keep flexibility going forward, like they've done the past few seasons. I said it from the get go.

Which bottom 5 team has been able to do that? The wolves? Brandon rush and Cole Aldrich, you would've been cool with that?

Which bottom 5 team has been able to do that? The wolves? Brandon rush and Cole Aldrich, you would've been cool with that?

As opposed to what we did? Absolutely. You still get your free reign for the young kids, yet you're not compromised going forward should some good to great players actually decide to take that leap of faith. Hell even Philly has the same philosophy with some of the stuff they've been trying to pull.

Are we actually compromised going forward tho? It's kind of a pickle. Good to great players want to play on good to great teams yet for the most part only the bottom of the league had room for two max players anyway. As far as I know we still have room for one max and now we're not such a crappy team.

Are we actually compromised going forward tho? It's kind of a pickle. Good to great players want to play on good to great teams yet for the most part only the bottom of the league had room for two max players anyway. As far as I know we still have room for one max and now we're not such a crappy team.

As of right now we don't have room for one max guy and we still are crappy. Still at the bottom of the west, so seriously what was the point? And it didn't have to be 2 max guys 1 max guy and another good guy would have sufficed as well. If these deals for Mosgov and Luol had been 1+1s I wouldn't be so angry but they're not. Four years fully guaranteed that only decline in values as each year passes by. It's not even like they have upside that would make them attractive to other places both these guys are on the wrong side of the hill.

Also since nearly everyone blew their load this summer and if the projections over the next few years are close to accurate not everyone is going to have space beyond one guy. We could have not been in that boat. It was a bad signing free agency period for us no way around it.

Last edited:
The deals we made are about providing the future core of this team the support it needs to develop correctly and with the best possible influences. There is value in bringing in players with well-respected character and capable of fitting alongside your youth without stifling them. More importantly, to attract these kind of players to a bad team requires being willing to pay a premium for it. No one expected the Lakers to compete this year, and we weren't going to compete next year either.

Who could we have expected to come next year that would fundamentally change our current path to being contenders? No one. Instead, we chose to develop our most important assets so that they have every tool available to them to become this franchise's future.

I don't understand how that can be misunderstood or criticized. There is no home-run signing or trade that will immediately transform our situation. This is about sitting back and developing with time.

The deals we made are about providing the future core of this team the support it needs to develop correctly and with the best possible influences. There is value in bringing in players with well-respected character and capable of fitting alongside your youth without stifling them. More importantly, to attract these kind of players to a bad team requires being willing to pay a premium for it. No one expected the Lakers to compete this year, and we weren't going to compete next year either.

Who could we have expected to come next year that would fundamentally change our current path to being contenders? No one. Instead, we chose to develop our most important assets so that they have every tool available to them to become this franchise's future.

I don't understand how that can be misunderstood or criticized. There is no home-run signing or trade that will immediately transform our situation. This is about sitting back and developing with time.

Your comprehension skills need some work.

:smokin very open-minded

Mamba is gonna do this all year folks, just go along with it. He lost Kobe, hates DLo, demands getting Russ, he's just gonna be angry for a while. Don't try to change him or sway his mind, just let him vent, he's not hurting anyone.

Just look at the two teams who most closely resemble us at the moment in Philly and Minny. Both have young cores that need developing, both have looked to sign veteran help but not at a long term premium cost. That was possible here as well given who we signed, we're behaving more like the Nets who don't have a young core, or the Wizards who are just sputtering around with no real direction.

Your comprehension skills need some work.

Where have I misunderstood you? You have been consistent in saying we should continue these 1-2 year deals to have room for the next big player to sign.

Why should any big FA sign with us if we're going to continue plodding along, stagnating because we're hoping we get saved by them signing with us?

The reality is that you're willfully ignoring the potential for using these contracts we've signed as valuable pieces for trade or, even more to the point, ignoring that the players we signed will actually benefit us. One or two years of Festus Ezeli is not a commitment to helping our young guys get better, which they deserve to have a chance at.

Last edited:
If they didn't get a young or a marquee free agent to sign older guys to 2 year deals that would keep flexibility going forward, like they've done the past few seasons. I said it from the get go.

the big free agents you are looking for that actually match the age group of our future 2 stars arent there yet...

nobody in their prime is coming to us because they are gunning for a title

we wont be ready for the playoffs for atleast another 3 to 4 years

shirley these two guys muat hve some plan right?

Just look at the two teams who most closely resemble us at the moment in Philly and Minny. Both have young cores that need developing, both have looked to sign veteran help but not at a long term premium cost. That was possible here as well given who we signed, we're behaving more like the Nets who don't have a young core, or the Wizards who are just sputtering around with no real direction.

who were the vets minny and philly signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom