|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
curious as to where this thread has shaq on their favorite laker list? does anyone have shaq above kobe?

Philly is a mess, Noel and Oak.....Embiid with all those injuries and he's ANOTHER center
Saric is a big unknown

Gonna be interesting to see who they trade
Not to mention they are in a terrible position where everyone and their brother knows they have to trade one of the bigs.  No way they get equal value for any of them.  I kind of hope the Lakers try to scoop up Embiid on the low. 

Philly is a mess, Noel and Oak.....Embiid with all those injuries and he's ANOTHER center
Saric is a big unknown

Gonna be interesting to see who they trade

I watched some youtube videos on Saric and he's a project. I mean his post up game, foot work, and just the fundamentals aren't there and need work.

Not to mention they are in a terrible position where everyone and their brother knows they have to trade one of the bigs.  No way they get equal value for any of them.  I kind of hope the Lakers try to scoop up Embiid on the low. 

No.

Only player I'd want from Philly right now would be Nerlens Noel.

I use to loooove Shaq. Being in LA thru those prime Lakers Shaq & Kobe years was life.
Especially Shaq pure entertainment and dominance. But I've grown to hate him over the years. His later years kind of confirmed he was prob
just as much responsible for the break up than Kobe. He is really a big whiny self centered baby.
And to answer the question no he isn't rated higher than Kobe.
1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4. Kareem

No.

Only player I'd want from Philly right now would be Nerlens Noel.

tbh i dont think there is a player on the 6ers that make sense for the #2 pick.

I think this years draft the team most likely to trade their pick will be Boston.

Either they trade for Boogie or Jimmy Butler or offer a package to Philly for the #1 with one of Philly's big's going to Boston.

I use to loooove Shaq. Being in LA thru those prime Lakers Shaq & Kobe years was life.
Especially Shaq pure entertainment and dominance. But I've grown to hate him over the years. His later years kind of confirmed he was prob
just as much responsible for the break up than Kobe. He is really a big whiny self centered baby.
1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4. Kareem

shaq and frobe were responsible for the break up. i can see how shaqs later years rubbed people the wrong way. i remember watching the 30 for 30 about orlando and how his ego caused him to leave. hard to see how that ego didnt carry over to LA.

1. Magic
2. Kobe
3. Shaq
4. Kareem

Shaq was great, but ahead of Kareem? the all time leading scorer, 6 rings, multiple MVPs and the greatest single shot ever?

Shaq's footwork and athleticism at that size was AMAZING
but his jump hook was doo doo and that turn around fade away was garbage, his shot was horrendous, no rotation, no flick of the wrist. he never improved his release and his shot in the post, always just kinda threw the ball toward the basket
he had a great drop step and could back anyone down

kareem was all grace and skill, pure artistry in motion

Last edited:
shaq and frobe were responsible for the break up. i can see how shaqs later years rubbed people the wrong way. i remember watching the 30 for 30 about orlando and how his ego caused him to leave. hard to see how that ego didnt carry over to LA.

Shaq & Kobe's break happened because of the following:

-Kobe saw the reports and even Shaq being quoted saying "Kobe is another Penny and can't win without me". Kobe never would accept this and wouldn't allow his career legacy to end up being that.
-Money. Shaq at the time was due a contract extension worth $30+ million per season. There was no way Dr. Buss was going to pay that , especially when Shaq at that point became lazy and wasn't taking care of himself. Also Dr. Buss and Mitch knew there would be no way to build a decent roster around a team with Shaq getting $30+ million and paying Kobe a max contract. Kobe that same summer in 2004 was also a free agent.

Last edited:
I think this years draft the team most likely to trade their pick will be Boston.

Either they trade for Boogie or Jimmy Butler or offer a package to Philly for the #1 with one of Philly's big's going to Boston.

I honestly just don't believe that Kings will be ready to trade Boogie just yet, especially when they just hired a new coach. Even so, if I was Joeger, I wouldn't touch that Kings job with a 2,000mile pole without some guarantee that Boogie will stay around for a while.

Don't think Jimmy is remotely available. At least not yet, the Bulls would have to flame out for another season before I would believe Jimmy is on the move. Because you could always chalk it up to a fluke season

As for Philly, don't think the Sixers will want to swap # 1 for # 3, and have to give up one of their prospects. A comination of # 3 and another pick for Okafor? Absolutely possible.

Last edited:

Shaq & Kobe's break happened because of the following:

-Kobe saw the reports and even Shaq being quoted saying "Kobe is another Penny and can't win without me". Kobe never would accept this and wouldn't allow his career legacy to end up being that.
-Money. Shaq at the time was due a contract extension worth $30+ million per season. There was no way Dr. Buss was going to pay that , especially when Shaq at that point became lazy and wasn't taking care of himself. Also Dr. Buss and Mitch knew there would be no way to build a decent roster around a team with Shaq getting $30+ million and paying Kobe a max contract. Kobe that same summer in 2004 was also a free agent.

i know that. i still think if they were able to co-exist, it would of somehow been figured out. maybe not 30 mill for shaq but a number to satisfy shaq and kobe and still put a roster together that would compete for titles.

i know that. i still think if they were able to co-exist, it would of somehow been figured out. maybe not 30 mill for shaq but a number to satisfy shaq and kobe and still put a roster together that would compete for titles.

Nah, Kobe spoke about it at the Milken conference with Jim Gray. Once that gauntlet was laid down, he was done with Shaq.

Nah man. Shaq was demanding that saying Dr. Buss told him he would take care of him and pay him.

Heck by that point the 3peat was done the year before they cut Robert Horry to save money to get GP & Mailman who came to the Lakers for cheap to chase rings. They had also let DFish go and sign a big contract with Golden State.

I don't see how they could have put together a decent team with one MLE and a bunch of key role players at $1 million or the league minimum while Shaq & Kobe ate up most of the team cap space for years, if they had stayed together.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Nah man. Shaq was demanding that saying Dr. Buss told him he would take care of him and pay him.

Heck by that point the 3peat was done the year before they cut Robert Horry to save money to get GP & Mailman who came to the Lakers for cheap to chase rings. They had also let DFish go and sign a big contract with Golden State.

I don't see how they could have put together a decent team with one MLE and a bunch of key role players at $1 million or the league minimum while Shaq & Kobe ate up most of the team cap space for years, if they had stayed together.

|I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom