|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No jet terry/chandler mentions? That '11 title run was a complete team effort..spearheaded,of course..by dirk.

Bruh I know you watched that series. They beat the dog **** out of us. As a team. It was very reminiscent of when the spurs mopped up the heat in the finals

The Mavs beat the dog **** out of the Lakers. Lakers ran out of gas and the Mavs were running on all cylinders.

It should've been the other way around IMO, with the Lakers threepeating starting in '08

:rofl: at the new Baxter Holmes article.

Good grief the organization just looks worse and worse everyday.

The initial quote is horrific.

But when you read the whole thing, I think he actually is trying to cover for the young guys. And take the spotlight away from them. And put it on Kobe.

And the current situation is what it is. The farewell is bigger than the young guys. It shouldn't be, but it is, and that's just how it goes.

And in light of that, it has taken a lot of the spotlight off Russell and Randle.

Could he have said things entirely different? Yes.

Will people be justifiable pissed over it? Yes.

But it's really not that bad.

I read it tho.

It's dumb, but its also hot air.

This season is about Kobe, not developing our young talent = I really ****** up with that Nash trade, so ima tank the **** outta this team and get me a nice lottery prize.

I'm with ya Mitchell. You're winning me back.

Yeah, Mitch just made the season officially dedicated to one player over the entire team. We all knew it already, but nonetheless.

The highlights...

"Under normal circumstances [in a season like this], at some point, you would probably concentrate on just developing all your young players," Kupchak told ESPN on Tuesday. "But we can't do that right now.

Every game, it's about Kobe. Even when he doesn't play, it's about Kobe. So in a lot of regards, there's a silver lining that our guys can develop under the radar and maybe make a mistake or make two mistakes and it not be a big deal."

"I was hoping that our young players, in conjunction with the veterans that we added, and Kobe at full health, would lead to a better record than what we have today," Kupchak said. "I didn't have any visions that we'd win 50 games or 45. Could we have won 45 or 40? I guess it's possible. In fact, it still is possible.

Link to the full article
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...movement-order-celebrate-outgoing-kobe-bryant

Pretty meh, no real responsibility directed to Byron at all, just more Kobe bashing and enabling and delusions of grandeur. The same old same old.

Now that he's said it though, the tank must be in overdrive.

Last edited:
:rofl: at the new Baxter Holmes article.

Good grief the organization just looks worse and worse everyday.

I'm on my phone, so I can't post it.

But it's really not that bad.

Dudes don't wanna read though.
They just react to the headlines, like media members want them too.

Making people rich off of falling into the media trap every single day.

I read it tho.

And yeah it's not that bad, but it's just stupid. You're already the 2nd worst team in the League. The coach is a moron, last 2 lottery picks are unhappy, and the GM thought this team would win 40ish games. Still does according to the article. And he comes out and says this? Why?

Just stupid.

Like I said the people running the show aren't leaders, they all are just talent evaluators (very good talent evaluators). From Jeanie to Jim to Mitch. They were all good at their particular jobs, just not built to actually run and lead something.
It shows everyday

Like I said the people running the show aren't leaders, they all are just talent evaluators (very good talent evaluators). From Jeanie to Jim to Mitch. They were all good at their particular jobs, just not built to actually run and lead something.
It shows everyday

I partially agree with this. Mitch is and has been pretty good at finding talent. Other aspects not so much but you're right on Jim and Jeanie, they're pretty much useless. Ideally we'd be able to really clean house from top to bottom after Kobe leaves but alas.

Wasn't this said at a seasons' ticket holders event, which makes sense if you're going to try and convince ppl to renew with no cash cow in Kobe anymore.

And another thing!
What imaginary world does Mitch live in that makes him think that anything we show this year will be attractive to anyone?! Like seriously. I've seen him say the same thing in a few quotes. "We will be a lot more attractive to free agents this summer"
Ummmm last time I checked we are the 2nd worst team in the league. Our coach is a moron and deflects all blame from himself to his players. The talent we do have are all under the age of 23 with nothing to show and need to development...oh my bad I forget we still have Kobe :smh:
Like I'm confused Mitchy boy. What is exactly gonna be attractive to people this summer? The bucket loads of money we have that nobody has wanted for the past 2 years.
Yet we dedicate the whole year to a player that's not gonna be here when we clearly need to develop our OWN talent and make them feel important to the future. Lmaoooo
Sometimes I just sit back and laugh

The Lakers are family owned.

The only person who can clean house from a basketball operations stand point by firing Mitch & Jim Buss and Byron is Jeanie Buss.

A total remake in ownership is if the Buss family ever decided to sell the team, which I don't see happening.

Yes I know all that. I said ideally, I know it's not realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom