Living a six-figure lifestyle on a $30,000 salary....

This article is kinda weak. He basically says just common sense things. Buy stuff used. Buy houses from the bank. If he was more serious he'd talk about HOW to make a house look like a rich person's house. Ie, instead of spending a ton of money on leather couches etc, get a few simple pieces and the right type of lighting. Some Japanese separator things etc can make a classy way to do stuff etc. This is weak.

This article is kinda weak. He basically says just common sense things. Buy stuff used. Buy houses from the bank. If he was more serious he'd talk about HOW to make a house look like a rich person's house. Ie, instead of spending a ton of money on leather couches etc, get a few simple pieces and the right type of lighting. Some Japanese separator things etc can make a classy way to do stuff etc. This is weak.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

not much of a read. could have just said "go out and find deals on everything you buy, don't pay retail."

pretty much...

but i found out that most of america will not take the time to research, plan out, and look for the best deals on things....

i cant lie.. i've made a couple impulse buys...

and it can be cuz your friends (keeping up), your family (putting pressure) or the media...

tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

not much of a read. could have just said "go out and find deals on everything you buy, don't pay retail."

pretty much...

but i found out that most of america will not take the time to research, plan out, and look for the best deals on things....

i cant lie.. i've made a couple impulse buys...

and it can be cuz your friends (keeping up), your family (putting pressure) or the media...

tired.gif
tired.gif

a $200,000 home is not living a "six figure lifestyle", atleast where I'm from.

It's smart he got it at $80,000 but what do you say to a person makin' 30 grand where the fixer uppers don't even start until $300,000? Take into consideration on these homes to make it to the point of "that lifestyle" with the "finer home furnishings" you lookin' at another $50-100K in renovations. It don't add up in the end.

People living a six figure lifestyle on a 30k salary is why we are currently in this mess.

Spot on.

a $200,000 home is not living a "six figure lifestyle", atleast where I'm from.

It's smart he got it at $80,000 but what do you say to a person makin' 30 grand where the fixer uppers don't even start until $300,000? Take into consideration on these homes to make it to the point of "that lifestyle" with the "finer home furnishings" you lookin' at another $50-100K in renovations. It don't add up in the end.

People living a six figure lifestyle on a 30k salary is why we are currently in this mess.

Spot on.

NT dont be fooled by this article. 30k a year aint +#%+ for a grown man living in a metro area. lets be real, throw in he has debt(school or other loans), has kids, or hes a family man or wife w/o a job. O god no

this article dont add up. Nice try tho.

NT dont be fooled by this article. 30k a year aint +#%+ for a grown man living in a metro area. lets be real, throw in he has debt(school or other loans), has kids, or hes a family man or wife w/o a job. O god no

this article dont add up. Nice try tho.

He bought some watches and a car from craigslist and a foreclosed house. So now it's epic information when someone says they shopped for bargains?

He bought some watches and a car from craigslist and a foreclosed house. So now it's epic information when someone says they shopped for bargains?

watches and clothes might be fake, car might have a lot of problems, shrug

you get what you pay for

watches and clothes might be fake, car might have a lot of problems, shrug

you get what you pay for

Been doing this for years. Buy clothes on sales/clearance. Never bought a new car. Bought the ugliest house on the block.

Back
Top Bottom