Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | Skeleton Crew | December 3 | R.I.P. Carl Weathers | The Acolyte canceled

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Star Wars has lost itself as a brand, it just has sad as that is to say…

Long time fans have devolved to a point that they’ll go out of their way to nit pick everything the Disney umbrella releases from the Star Wars universe, good or bad they’ll pick through whatever gets released to find any flaw…But what else can be expected when there’s been over a decade of them essentially being told to move out of way so the ~new~ Star Wars fans can get some focus…Alienating the fan base isn’t a good idea at any level and this is the perfect example of that…As for the ~new~ fans, they just outright don’t care enough for the product to invest themselves into these stories, clearly…So if Disney isn’t making this content for the long time fans, and the ~new~ fans don’t give a ****, then where does that leave the IP? Exactly where it’s at, with the only people watching being the ones that want to hate on the product…Disney desperately needed a No Way Home or Deadpool 3 to keep the Star Wars brand hanging on and yet they release a mediocre product, and yes Acolyte was very middle of the road, regardless of how you personally view it, that’s the truth…

To add to all of that, the cost to make the series was $180 Million dollars…The cost to make Dune 2 was $190 Million…Let that sink in for a minute…Just totally absurd from top to bottom…

^^^Dune 2 was pretty good. That was $190 mill spent well.

Imagine if that becomes the new Star Wars of this generation.

Also...in this day and age of cable TV and streaming platforms, you can't expect to force feed folks mediocrity.

I am (and many many others) still hyped for Ahsoka S2, way more than Andre, I mean Andwhore, I mean Andor.

Andor is an absolute amazing show but it had the second lowest viewership among shows. I constantly see social media posts call it boring and not star wars. These fans can't even appreciate or watch something great. They just want baby yoda and lightsabers.

I actually fell asleep on Andor the first time i watched it. Decided to rewatch it a couple weeks ago and finally saw how good it is.

Ahsoka Then, Now, Forever!

Sabine Force Powers >Andor

Finally a victory for the true Star wars fans who dont complain.

Andor is an absolute amazing show but it had the second lowest viewership among shows. I constantly see social media posts call it boring and not star wars. These fans can't even appreciate or watch something great. They just want baby yoda and lightsabers.

Baby Yoda and lightsabers > Oscar level acting Star wars

If you want that Oscar garbage, go watch Titanic,, we dont need that in Star Wars

Andor should end after S2. It’s before Rogue One which is right before A New Hope. They shouldn’t drag it out. Mando has a movie so no S4 makes sense. Boba was a disappointment. Ahsoka is a good show but Ray passing away, I don’t know how they’re going to proceed. I have no expectations for Skeleton Crew.

They’re reasonable decisions in isolation, but all this content news together just makes it seem like there’s isn’t a real coherent vision at Disney for the Star Wars franchise.

Might be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen, with the corporate oversight.

Andor should end after S2. It’s before Rogue One which is right before A New Hope. They shouldn’t drag it out. Mando has a movie so no S4 makes sense. Boba was a disappointment. Ahsoka is a good show but Ray passing away, I don’t know how they’re going to proceed. I have no expectations for Skeleton Crew.
It was already confirmed that S2 will lead to Rogue One and is its final season.

show was so bad that disney didnt just cancel its future, its also trying to erase its existance

It seems like yesterday that they were making claims how it's such a huge success. "Biggest D+ Original show debuting in 2024" or however they tried to spin it after the premiere, IIRC. Should've just said, "...at least more viewers than Echo" instead:lol:

they need to erase acolyte, kenobi, boba fett, and the sequel trilogy
somebody need to go back in time . chewie need to build a time machine and stop luke frkm being a goof.

So…Tony Gilroy…did they just leave him alone to cook? Admittedly, it was a prequel to Rogue One which wasn’t exactly the most popular Star Wars movie. But the low expectations, great performances from Skarsgard, Luna and Smegel and that slime ball Empire dude, Forrest Whitaker, etc and compelling mission impossible like storylines converged the D+s best series.

I think they took too many risks with that sort of MCU micromanaging and formula created the current string of mediocre failures. Each of those shows had the potential to deliver on cherished characters and deliver good popcorn level entertainment. The Modnight Boys said they should have done movies but Han Solo, Rogue One (which is probably the best Star Wars movie in the Disney era) and the new trilogies were meh.

i think what they need to start doing is perhaps adapt some of the comics/books instead of filling the gaps between those along with the films

like if people want to see plagueis or revan or bane or ventress or whatever, just adapt their story to live action and since they dont want to consider legends canon, just change it up a bit

if the show/movie is good, i dont think many will complain

Disney...Jedi, or should I say Acolyte Mind-Tricked you all.

1. Fake Cancel the show.
2. Bring out all the outrage over the cancellation.
3. Bring back the show.

What a waste if he had played Sol. Especially coming off of John Wick. Now if they had tweaked the story to make it about Sol seeking revenge for the Jedi’s killer by Osha in part one. It would have led up to his salvation in part three and the rise of Palpatine.

Back
Top Bottom