lines you never quite understood...

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by highlife32

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

here's a couple lines i've never understood (nor have i come across anyone who had the slightest idea what they meant):

so this here is the victory lap
then i'm leeeavin, that's how you get me back
after a year of them 16's, that's one point two
so that's two point four, and i'm only doing two
- opening bars in the 3rd verse of hov's "encore"

huh?
A verse is going to cost 1.2 mill.

And he's only doing 2 guest verses a year, so that's gonna be 2.4 million

I doubt anyone paying a mil for 1 verse from lil wayne
I doubt anyone thinks that verse was from lil wayne. 
indifferent.gif

Obviously a few fools in this thread seem to think it was..............

And its irrelevant whether its his verse or not, NOBODY is paying a mil for 1 verse from anybody nowadays

Nicki Minaj "sideburn line" in Bedrock

and normally NOTHING goes over my head but this line always has me like
grin.gif

why does she wanna put it on the SIDE of a dudes face

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

grin.gif

think of her vag as mask
laugh.gif
 a mask goes over ur whole face including ur sideburns so shes really saying if u were to eat downtown,u could pretty much put ya whole head in her
pimp.gif

Maybe, I'm the only one, but that Lil' Wayne condiment line to me says mayo as in "[Oh] My-yo(ur)-knees" since they got shot in the legs (possibly knees) and trying to run (if we're going any deeper than the condiment relation). I could be completely off, I don't even know if Wayne can explain it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cali2Memphis

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

grin.gif

think of her vag as mask
laugh.gif
 a mask goes over ur whole face including ur sideburns so shes really saying if u were to eat downtown,u could pretty much put ya whole head in her
pimp.gif

yea since young money ran through her, including lil twist & chuckee, you can fit her vagina like a ski mask... hence on your sideburns

Stop placin, time wastin
I gotta a friend with a fo' in the basement (What?)
I'm just kiddin like Jason (Oh)

frown.gif

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

Stop placin, time wastin

frown.gif
I KNOW you're joking.... i just KNOW it.

But i'm gonna humor you and answer.... Jason Kidd... the basketball player.

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

Stop placin, time wastin

frown.gif
I KNOW you're joking.... i just KNOW it.

But i'm gonna humor you and answer.... Jason Kidd... the basketball player.

I gotta a friend with a POLE in the basement (What?)
as in strip pole... hence the (what?) and the im just kiddin like Jason... lol

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by bud dink

So through the Grim Reaper sickle sharpening
Macintosh marketing----lupe-hurt me soul

why does lupe include apple in the evils of the world?

[h2]Revelation 13:17-18 (New International Version)[/h2]
[sup]17[/sup]so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

[sup]18[/sup]Thiscalls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the numberof the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

[h2]Genesis 2:16-17 (New International Version)[/h2]
[sup]16[/sup] And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; [sup]17[/sup] but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

eek.gif

I've worked at that address!!! It's now part of stanford hospital

" I f-ck cousins, I f-ck friends, Juve drive Jag, BGeezy ride Benz...."

Juvenile Feat B.G. - Catch Yo Cut

I heard that when I was like 11 years old. had Me like 
eek.gif
sick.gif
I still hope Im hearing it wrong....

^ i think that's more like ...

he doesnt give a f about a chick. he'll f her cousins and her friends

Before when people would say things like "It's probably just over your head" I'd be like "No, just cuz they don't like something doesn't mean they don't get it, they just don't like it".....Then I came into this thread and realized that some of these bars literally go over peoples heads...sad day in hip hop, :smh:at some of these lines. A quick google search will decipher most Lupe/Jay Electronica lines, not being a +#+%+#% will decipher most Jay lines. There has literally only been one line in my life that I had to ask someone what it meant...
"Cops come complain, front row watch game" ...that was when I was like 13... I fear for hip hop....

Sorry about the rant, but this forum has been pissing me off lately with the blatant attack on lyrics; before I thought ya'll were just hating, but now I understand that ya'll just don't get it so ya'll don't like lyrics.It seeams if there is not a "Like" in a line most of you dudes don't understand it is what I'm learning. Man step your game up.I feel like a dbag but come on man. "When you fly closer to the sun than most people you hot and they not".If thats a head scratcher my pen game is on some Socrates type stuff...

I have the naggin suspicion that this is a joke thread...more like a hope that it is.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Before when people would say things like "It's probably just over your head" I'd be like "No, just cuz they don't like something doesn't mean they don't get it, they just don't like it".....Then I came into this thread and realized that some of these bars literally go over peoples heads...sad day in hip hop, :smh:at some of these lines. A quick google search will decipher most Lupe/Jay Electronica lines, not being a +#+%+#% will decipher most Jay lines. There has literally only been one line in my life that I had to ask someone what it meant...
"Cops come complain, front row watch game" ...that was when I was like 13... I fear for hip hop....

Sorry about the rant, but this forum has been pissing me off lately with the blatant attack on lyrics; before I thought ya'll were just hating, but now I understand that ya'll just don't get it so ya'll don't like lyrics.It seeams if there is not a "Like" in a line most of you dudes don't understand it is what I'm learning. Man step your game up.I feel like a dbag but come on man. "When you fly closer to the sun than most people you hot and they not".If thats a head scratcher my pen game is on some Socrates type stuff...

I have the naggin suspicion that this is a joke thread...more like a hope that it is.

laugh.gif

u seem upset...

!#*% yo lyrics b

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by bboy1827

laugh.gif

u seem upset...

!#*% yo lyrics b

Damnit Time...yes I'm mad
laugh.gif
. N your a walking contridiction...I have your mixtape homie
nerd.gif
Don't be coming up in here saying F lyrics.....

its not like i dont respect lyrics... its just that people act like thats what makes music dope... theres plenty of cats wit lyrics and no flow... or they have lyrics and cant write a hook to save their life...

i always appreciate good lyrics (as long as they're being spit on beat) but i appreciate a good song even more...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

its not like i dont respect lyrics... its just that people act like thats what makes music dope... theres plenty of cats wit lyrics and no flow... or they have lyrics and cant write a hook to save their life...

i always appreciate good lyrics (as long as they're being spit on beat) but i appreciate a good song even more...

lol don't get it twisted lyrics aren't the end all be all for me. I like music I love beats and I think flow is the most important thing in the game to be honest with you, cuz I know so many people that can write but can't spit to save they life. For anyone a little clever it's not hard to write but being able to translate a beat with your rhymes is very very difficult. I'm just not ready for the universal shift in hip hop from Mc's needing to by lyircal, to MC's needing to have a bomb producer.

It' makes the artists so irrelavent when all people care about is flow, beats and hooks. You can find anyone with a cool voice (Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y etc.) and put them with a dope producer and have a mega star, when in reality they didn't do anything but say the same #@#! over and over different ways. thats why I ike artist like J.Cole, wale, Jay, Lupe etc. because each song you get something different, you get real life...and not that suburban all's good int he hood unless we have a problem "real life". They be spitting that real #@#! that normal everyday +#%%++ go through.

I don't jump off jets everyday, but I do get calls from sallie mae(Dollar and a dream), I don't know some girls throwing up(90210,Wale), I am couping with a new "young" generation(Young Forever,Jay), I am battling the apel of money vs. being real to myself(Dirty money,Lupe). The thing is they couple those lyrics with dope beat.. This thread just made me realize the shift from lyrically talent Mc's to dudes with flow, becasue dudes don't want to take the time and think their way through songs.
wink.gif
...sorry bout the wall of text.

Back
Top Bottom