Limp Bizkit Signs to Cash Money

Originally Posted by Peep Game

FROM XXL Mag:

Baby’s ambition is clear: the flamboyant Cash Money CEO wants to release 16 albums under the YMCMB umbrella within the first six months of this year.

After recently explaining to XXLMag.com how the deal with Fred Durst’s 1990s rock-rap band, Limp Bizkit, came about, Birdman tells XXLMag.com there are still other acts from genres other than rap that he and Slim are interested in scooping up to further expand the roster.

“I think bringing Fred and Limp Bizkit to the team gives us a different look,

I'm not gonna lie...I'm kinda anxious to hear mystikal's album if he does actually ever drop. Son sounded hungry last time I heard him spit.

Mar 2 2012 12:59 PM EST http://mtv.mtvnimages.com.../images/u/icon-eye.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; margin-left: 20px; margin-top: 7px; background-position: 0px 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">737
[h1]Lil Wayne/ Limp Bizkit Collabo Will Drop Next Week[/h1][h2]The joint single 'Ready to Go' is the first product out of Limp Bizkit's deal with YMCMB.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Fans will not have to wait long to hear what the odd future pairing of Limp Bizkit and the YMCMB crew will sound like. A spokesperson for the home of Drake and Nicki Minaj confirmed to MTV News on Friday (March 2) that the crew will release a single online next week called "Ready to Go" featuring verses from their new labelmate Lil Wayne.

Not much is known about the first new music from the "Nookie" act since their surprise signing to the label, but in a statement announcing the roster move, co-founder Bryan "Birdman" Williams said, "We have always admired how they have been able to blend rock and hip-hop and will bring a unique sound to the label." His partner, Ronald "Slim" Williams, added, "We are excited to see the work and collaborations that come from the entire Cash Money family with the addition of Limp Bizkit."

"As both an artist and someone who has signed artists, I can say without a doubt that Cash Money is at the top of their game," Durst said. "What attracted me to the label is not only their great taste and hustle, but their belief in their artists and the family atmosphere. Slim and Birdman allow their artists to be themselves and encourage creative output and continued development. I look forward to bringing my vision as a director as well as my voice to the label and to Limp Bizkit putting out some of our best music to date."

On Thursday, Birdman told Billboard that the song will be "a great way to let the world know that [Bizkit] is part of us," revealing that the band's frontman, Fred Durst, hit the studio in Miami the week after the Grammy awards to bang out the single. "It's rock, but it's hip-hop rock," Birdman added. "I think we got that hip-hop-rock swagger."

He said that after Bizkit finish their tour of Australia, they will shoot a video with Wayne for the song and then continue work on the album, which they've already started tracking while on tour. "They're just gonna go in and get it done," he said. "We're looking to put an album out this year, but right now we're dropping the single with him and Wayne, and we're gonna vibe from there. Fred's all the way in — he understands what we're about, hard work and dedication. To me, they're one of the hardest workers."

Cash Money is going to oversaturate themselves very quickly if they keep it up.  Music is about keeping your brand fresh and controlling your market and they seem to be just taking their names and putting it on anything.  When you have a lot of money (which they do) you can do that and take risks but I don't even think the risks they are taking are smart.  If you want to get into rock, why not sign some up and comers or indie artist instead of someone who has not mattered in 10 + years?

As long as the music is good IDGAF. I still bump Nookie and N' together now from time to time. Fred made all his cake so I aint mad at him for gettin comfty over the years. IMO, It's a good move because rock fans are loyal and not fickle like allota rap fans sadly.

No limit almost delivered on the album a week promise...
Doubt CM do though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

No limit almost delivered on the album a week promise...
Doubt CM do though
nerd.gif
Full Blooded >>>> whenever Gudda Gudda drops
Skull Duggery >>>> whenever Jae Millz drops

Prime Suspects >>> whenever Mack Maine drops

Lil' Soldiers....ehhh....= Twist & Chuckee

Not limited to hip-hop, Cash Money recently inked a deal with Florida-bred rock group, Limp Bizkit. “I was a fan of Limp Bizkit and Fred [Durst]. He is a great artist,

Back
Top Bottom