Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

laugh.gif
@ dudes thinkin wayne wasnt gonna do numbers, where they at now?
nerd.gif
his music has gotten him those numbers based off good hype not good music

^ dont get froggy now i know you love wayne but imo his cd should be doing exremely crappy numbers
yeah they looked silly making stupid calls but oh well

got a chance last night on a long drive to really listen to the whole cd like 3 times back to back.

This is a reeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllll good cd IMO. I honestly think he lived up to the hype.

only like 1 song that is worth skipping and thats the Dr. Carter song. IDK not really feelin it. But the rest of the cd is straight fire.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

got a chance last night on a long drive to really listen to the whole cd like 3 times back to back.

This is a reeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllll good cd IMO. I honestly think he lived up to the hype.

only like 1 song that is worth skipping and thats the Dr. Carter song. IDK not really feelin it. But the rest of the cd is straight fire.

Hahah foreel, I love that song.
laugh.gif

I think "Phone Home" bangs. Yes, the " do the weezy wee part is corny" but not enough to make the song wack. The way he ends is verses isnice in this song.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

my top 3 from the album...

1. Comfortable
2. Shoot Me Down
3. Dr. Carter/Tie My Hands

La La might be one of the WORST tracks on the album...it's a toss up between that and Phone Home....

**Let the Beat Build goes HARD in the whip....

Your number 1 song is Comfortable?
roll.gif
song is soooooooooo wack to me,On my bootleg version I didn't even put it on there along w/ no lollipop.
and La La isn't all that bad, Brisco did his thing the hook is just weak.

After being able to really listen to this consistently for a few weeks, here is some of my random thoughts about the album in no order:

Best 3 Songs= Let The Beat Build, Mr. Carter, Shoot Me Down
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy was Comfortable on the album when it has been out for a year +? Babyface? Come on now...
Mr. Carter literally gives me goosebumps. Illest song for me in a minute.
Does anyone else wish that this fool didnt spazz out in some 6 minute lecture and instead rapped for 9 minutes on this track DontGetIt?
La La's beat was really made for Shrek 3.
roll.gif
That explains it all.Busta just doesnt fit on this track and Brisco should of came tighter for C3.
Phone Home's hook sucks so bad that its almost impossible to listen to the song.
Let the Beat Build is pure
pimp.gif
"Approving million dollar deals frommy iPhone"

Anyone know whats up with or if any of these or if they are ever dropping?
nerd.gif

Wayne/Juelz : I Can't Feel My Face the Album
BAG: Bad %!+ Grasshopper Album
Lil Wayne and Jim Jones (or was it Game? or both?) Blood Brothers

Originally Posted by ireminisce

am i the only dude feelin' misunderstood?

Nawwwww, I said earlier it's one of my top 3 songs on the album. I like hearing rapper's opinions on other things besides money,drugs,cars, &o's

I finally gave this a listen and well yeah....

but do yall have any track recommendations for songs that didn't make the album? I just heard that Me and My Drank and that **$% jammin.Prior to this album i probably only heard like 5 wayne songs since the carter 3 files came out last summer with that Scarface song on there, so recommend mesome decent **$% he's put out between then and now.

but imo his cd should be doing exremely crappy numbers

uve shown that ur opinion means nothing

album is hot,but i still feel there should be a couple of more uptempo songs, but i can inderstand the diffrent types of styles that hes puttin out

cats are still hatin
laugh.gif

hopefully "i cant feel my face" will drop

"3peat" and "A Milli" are two of the dopest songs, lyrics & beat, I've heard in a while. When albums first come out and peoplestart judging them, nobody wants to pay any attention to the singles ("A Milli") because they're trying to act elitist, when what's reallygoing on is just an illustration of how much of a slave reviewer X is to mainstream entertainment culture--see Graduation and tell me you still like "TheGlory" better than "Can't Tell Me Nothin'."

"3peat" is the way you start off an album. "Mrs. Officer" and "Lollipop" are funny; "Dr. Carter" and "Mr.Carter" are hot; "Lala" and the track with Juelz and Fab are definitely slept on. There are some fillers on here, but this is a quality recordand deserves the numbers its doing.

Originally Posted by LB81986

This N' Wayne got 4 1/2 stars from Rolling Stone
eek.gif
. How does that happen??

they're probably trying to cater to the public...but everyone knows this ain't no damn 4.5 stars. 3 to 3.5 maybe, but 4.5?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom