Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Man...damn, this joint is trash.

Mr. Carter is decent
Comfortable is aite
Phone Home...I laughed out loud, no exaggeration.
Dr. Carter...great concept, good beat, great lyrics. Thumbs up!
Tie My Hands...Oh #+%* !! we got some momentum now. Another great one!
Lollipop...Trash
La La: lol, more laughs. If you ain't laughin' (when you listen to this), then you ain't living.
Nothing on Me: Dope beat, Dope Fab verse (albeit recycled), Dope Juelz Verse. In a word: crack!
Mr. Officer ... wait, did you hear the chorus.
laugh.gif

Kanye came up on this joint....Dude got paid just for cleaning out the recycle bin on his computer.

And ummm...why didn't "I feel like dying" make the album. One of way's best songs since the last album, and better than 90% of the album.

Haha...Precisely

I think...IMO...why people are comparing C3 to Graduation....For the fact that it sounds like Wayne went in the same "direction" as Kanye West did on"Graduation"

In terms of coming with completely out of the box type songs, more deep, and less "hip-hop'esque" . It could also seem that way since Kanye Westplayed a significant part on this album production wise, but still.

In the end, C3 sounds like Wayne is unsure of who he is. Is he a blood from AppleEagle St. or is he sensual and deep?

I could never give Wayne the title of being a "classic" for that reason, he's just all over the place and doesn't really have his own brandof style............consistently

Mr. Carter is decent
Comfortable is aite
Phone Home...I laughed out loud, no exaggeration.
Dr. Carter...great concept, good beat, great lyrics. Thumbs up!
Tie My Hands...Oh #+%* !! we got some momentum now. Another great one!
Lollipop...Trash
La La: lol, more laughs. If you ain't laughin' (when you listen to this), then you ain't living.
Nothing on Me: Dope beat, Dope Fab verse (albeit recycled), Dope Juelz Verse. In a word: crack!
Mr. Officer ... wait, did you hear the chorus.

Kanye came up on this joint....Dude got paid just for cleaning out the recycle bin on his computer.

Good analysis, I feel you on it.
In the end, C3 sounds like Wayne is unsure of who he is. Is he a blood from AppleEagle St. or is he sensual and deep?

I could never give Wayne the title of being a "classic" for that reason, he's just all over the place and doesn't really have his own brand of style............consistently

That's my problem with current wayne, his brain is so fried he doesn't know who he is or what kind of music he wants to make. It's a shame becauseI used to be a huge fan and saw great potential when dude dropped Tha Carter when he was what, 21?

And isn't he from Hollygrove?

on another note...... anyone else really mad that the internet has ruined the music scene? imagine if we couldnt leak music and download anything ...

I feel you on this thought man. The game would be so much different if people bought albums.

Edit: Side note, why isn't Cory Gunz on A Millie?

i might be the only one who is feeling the %@+ out of Tie my hands, robin thicke just was the icing on this track. And wayne actually didnt ruin a song andmade sense with his lyrics. This is my fave track with mr carter.

Originally Posted by j d0t win

i might be the only one who is feeling the %@+ out of Tie my hands, robin thicke just was the icing on this track. And wayne actually didnt ruin a song and made sense with his lyrics. This is my fave track with mr carter.
I said on the other page it's getting underlooked.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Too bad I'm Me leaked to the mixtapes.

Basically...
If he would have put I'm Me, I'm a Beast, One Night Only, Need Some Quiet or some other songs onto the CD, and no one had ever heardthem, this could have been a great album.

Most fans have heard Comfortable, A Millie and Nothing On Me, so no matter how you feel about the songs, they don't contribute in any way.

It's just a shame that they leaked.

im buyin off of comfortable alone.

dunno why i like this so much i didnt even hear the other joints yet in my itunes

Mr. Carter, Tie My Hands, Shoot Me Down, and Playing with Fire are all I've been able to play so far... but I like those 4 a lot

I would like to remind all members that it is against the rules to ask for a download link by PM. It isalso against the rules to post download links or give locations to sites where download links can be found. Keep this thread limited to your opinions on"Tha Carter III".

If one more reply either requesting or giving a location for download, this thread will be locked, and no "Tha Carter III" discussion will be alloweduntil June 10.

Originally Posted by JRizzo06

im feelin the track wit babyface...and for anybody that likes to look up original samples/and or are pround when they recognize a sample that some don't, its from the last 32 seconds of "you don't know my name" by a.keys....its the ending of the song with just strings...kanye found a gem and pulled it...
pimp.gif

Kanye produced You Don't Know My Name

i guess this is antoher cd i won't be purchasing. thank god for d/l.

i have the n.e.r.d, coldplay, and prob a couple more things on my list.

i really really really want to support wayne and cop but i know that the cd will wind up under my table somewhere.

so it might as well be a burned cd.

ps. way to many riders in general when it comes toNT music forum.

broaden yr horizons folk.

Hot album. I enjoyed it very much after my 1st listen. Not a classic or lyrical masterpiece or anything of that sort but I wasn't expecting that.

I'm richer than all yall, I got a bank full of pride
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I might be the only on feeling La La. C3 is not C1 or C2, but is solid nontheless. Will be copped on the 10th.

I'm not even gonna front I thought Phone Home was hilarious.. I was blurting out "Phone Home" in some weird alien voice all night haha

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

tha23greatest wrote:

Tuff G0ng wrote:

Juelz's verse came outta left field.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Also, I may be reaching . . .

Tha Carter III = Weezy's Graduation ?

You know what I was thinking the same.

No. No. AND NO.

Don't insult Ye's Graduation with this p.o.s. Carter III. Outside of the 3-4 hot tracks on this joint, Graduation murks this ishh in every way.

The worst track on Grad is the joint WITH Weezy! Imagine that.

Some dudes logic on here are flawed....saying 3-4 tracks can make an album HOT overall....bullshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hmm...i'll take an album with 11-12 hot tracks...and 3-4 blehh..

rather than 3-4 hot tracks...and the other 11-12 absolute garbage.

c'mon now. and quit saying that C1 wayne is diff than C3 wayne. at the end of the day....dude use to say something in his rhymes...now he dont....he
just looks for words to rhyme together and to get a
laugh.gif
out of people
now....like in that joint phone home....'rare like mr clean with hair'

GTFOOH.
eyes.gif

Think about it. You can't compare the album to none of the other carters imo. It seems to me as him and Kanye did the same thing. They went in the otherdirection than what people were expecting them to.So it has to be Wayne's "Graduation".

Back
Top Bottom