Life before LOL

Some of y'all are WAY too self conscious

Y'all's rules for texting are comedy

Last edited:
i noticed that people that use it all the time are actually not funny at all, on text or in real life.

I use hahaha or lmao..when I'm legitimately laughin I'm old school I don't use ctfu or lls..and if I use lol I have a stoneface on majority of the time

I never knew people were bothered by "k" or saw it in the same light as "lol" until I read it online.

I just thought it was a short way to acknowledge a text/message, i.e.: "We'll be at your house in like 20 minutes" -- "k".

I never knew people were bothered by "k" or saw it in the same light as "lol" until I read it online.

I just thought it was a short way to acknowledge a text/message, i.e.: "We'll be at your house in like 20 minutes" -- "k".

It's like you're too lazy to even type "OK".

Also I'll use "cool" as a positive affirmation of a text

In person arguments/fights, using "K" is a way to shut someone down/end the argument like you don't even care

"Blah blah I f"in hate you! Why did you do that?! I'm so mad at you!!"

"K"

I find it stupid when people text, "lol *sentence written* lol" :smh: & nothing was funny about it :x

I use it, hell I overuse it. But I realized it helps temper what you say. I say a lot of sarcastic things, combined with the type of personality I have people would think I'm serious with what I say all the time. I think it just adds proper context to certain things you say. I certainly don't laugh every time I type LOL

Anyone else notice when you type lol like it was the funniest thing ever you're just starting at the screen like :stoneface:

My challenge;

Whenever you want to use " :lol: " or " :rofl: "

You have to use

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

When people respond with "lol" I typically ask them if they really laughed out loud.

Most of the time they say no. Then I asked why they said it, they say I'm being too technical :lol:

:lol:
because you are being too technical homie
if somebody pulled that on me i'd just be like "since you wanna sidetrack the convo by being overly technical i'll even further sidetrack it by explaining the idea of context and connotation just to show that if you can't grasp either in relation to the usage of "lol" then i can't be mad at you for asking if i'm really laughing out loud...you're just a curious little fella :D "

so if you couldn't tell from all of that...i say lol everyday when i text. no...i'm not laughing out loud, but i had it to show that my message was meant to be funny or was not meant to be taken seriously. i just look at it like the distant cousin of a figure of speech.

and if the message actually made me laugh....i use lmfao or lmao.

Back
Top Bottom