Liam Neesons smh

I don't know whether or not it's right to crucify him for this. It's a shameful part of his past, but at the same time, he brought it up in the context of how he's changed as a person, not as something he feels or approves of at the moment. Still...it's hard to think of someone the same way once he or she has admitted something like this.
Ask yourself this honestly and objectively, if a person of color came out and said this, what are the chances they are accepted as a "changed person"??

People can cry social justice warrior/faux outrage and any of that **** when it comes to racism. Reality is until there's equality in everything in society, then you best believe we going to cling onto everything we can to keep that fight. People want equality of outrage "treat everyone as their own individual ". That's cool, give us equality in society then we can treat everyone as individuals. This **** only works both ways. Don't separate yourself from all the bad white people when it's convenient for you. You're either with us to fight for equality OR against us.

Ask yourself this honestly and objectively, if a person of color came out and said this, what are the chances they are accepted as a "changed person"??

People can cry social justice warrior/faux outrage and any of that **** when it comes to racism. Reality is until there's equality in everything in society, then you best believe we going to cling onto everything we can to keep that fight. People want equality of outrage "treat everyone as their own individual ". That's cool, give us equality in society then we can treat everyone as individuals. This **** only works both ways. Don't separate yourself from all the bad white people when it's convenient for you. You're either with us to fight for equality OR against us.

I'm not sure why you're asking me this when I specifically said that I can't look at Liam Neeson in the same way anymore?

Maybe my wording is off since DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican also had an issue with what I said, but I'm definitely not saying that his regret over past behavior means that everything is cool now and that his past actions are just a slight misstep.

A good comparison would be someone who murdered someone out of anger but now regrets it. I can believe and accept that, but I still want that person to get the full punishment for his actions.

Of course this isn't as serious as murder, but him admitting that makes me feel uncomfortable, so I'm not going to mess with his movies anymore.

Last edited:
So people should be persecuted for sharing past thoughts, huh?

And before ppl say he acted on his thoughts, he went out thinking he would do something.
It's really easy to start trouble and yet he some how avoided it up until the point he realized how dumb he was.

So people should be persecuted for sharing past thoughts, huh?

And before ppl say he acted on his thoughts, he went out thinking he would do something.
It's really easy to start trouble and yet he some how avoided it up until the point he realized how dumb he was.

If those thoughts are along the lines of "I wanted revenge against any black person and was hoping one of them starts **** with me" then yep, they should get blasted for it.

Let's say someone who's much browner of Muslim faith than Mr Neeson had some "thoughts", you don't think their character should be questioned? If so, why doesn't it work the other way round?

The same people defending this use the same logic with the N word. "It's just a word" Cool, take the word and give the rest of us a world where our skin color don't hold us back in society. Happily exchange that

"Someone I know was raped by a ******, which made me want to go kill the first ****** I saw, but I made the decision to not kill a ******"

That's basically what he said, and people are in here with the
CriminalBouncyHalicore-small.gif

Man please
TnGPDZm.gif

Again, not even sure why he shared that thought, nobody made him.

Also, not sure why he deserves a pat on the back.

Just as I said in the Chance, "I didn't care about the feelings of black women" thread, you don't get credit for admitting to believing horrible things.

Again, keep those things to yourself

I feel like it's a lie as well. Got a hard time picturing a film actor being about that life plus he just made it sound ridiculous. Dude exposed himself while trying to fake the funk imo

So when does it end, when can we deem someone reformed for their past transgressions?

The way I see it is that he very well could be reformed, but at the same time, if someone told me "I used to want to kill people that looked like you, but I apologize for my past thoughts" there's always going to be a huge doubt in my mind any time I have interactions with that person. I'm always going to be thinking "What if he gets mad one day and slips back into his previous mindset? "

Can't have a healthy relationship with that person, so my reaction would be "Thanks for the apology, but I'm not comfortable being associated with you anymore" That's my personal belief, so I'm not going to hate on people who forgive and move on or have a more vocal/angry reaction

At least he volunteered this information himself. It's not like this day and age where people's old tweets are being dug up to expose someone.

Also Liam Neesons from tooken

I dont think his movies have been any good recently. but if you are someone who would see the movie, i think this statement should not stop you from watching it or anything else he made. People have dark thoughts, emotions cloud judgement, he acknowledged it as terrible immediately and he was dealing with a specific traumatic event. He never actually took any action. We should be asking him to dig deeper, so other people can understand what causes this mental illness. What factors lead to someone mentally breaking down and murdering people. If you stone him just for saying how he felt for a week... The next person who feels that way is going to hide it that much better before they actually shoot up a school or theater.

This isnt exactly like the Kramer outburst, where you see how he felt years long before the incident. Evidenced by his general use of the N-word, when his actual target or heckler was clearly identifiable. When you feel victimized and dont know who to blame, you lash out. Most of the nation did the same thing to middle eastern Americans after 9/11. I dont think they were a widely hated group before the attacks.

Also, If you boycotted anything produced or put together by racist white people, a lot of the media and products you consume would be on the chopping block. Dont be half woke. Go all the way with it. Like I said in my other post. Just assume ALL white people are racist, not to hate them or be angry with them, but to protect yourself. I have at least 3 racist bosses at work. I know they hate me. But they don't know that I know they hate me, and because of that I have the upper hand because I protect myself from discriminatory shenanigans in disguise. They won't stop me from getting money or enjoying things in life. A lot of racist white people can still watch and own football and basketball teams of the people they hate. And a lot of "woke" black people are still supporting and watching too their racist white owned teams too. They put the superbowl in Atlanta and laughed as one of the most successful black cities in America welcomed them with open arms.

You'll forgetting that Liam Neeson's a (washed) 65+ year old cat from N. Ireland. That place was (and probably still is) not a place for any people of colour to be at.

As Chiron Chiron said, he's churning out some straight to DVD/Netflix content lately and I wouldn't be surprised if his mind ain't sharp anymore.

The way I see it is that he very well could be reformed, but at the same time, if someone told me "I used to want to kill people that looked like you, but I apologize for my past thoughts" there's always going to be a huge doubt in my mind any time I have interactions with that person. I'm always going to be thinking "What if he gets mad one day and slips back into his previous mindset? "

Can't have a healthy relationship with that person, so my reaction would be "Thanks for the apology, but I'm not comfortable being associated with you anymore" That's my personal belief, so I'm not going to hate on people who forgive and move on or have a more vocal/angry reaction
While I understand your thought process, I feel like if that's the case, then no one would ever truly be reformed/forgiven. You're kind of always looked upon with suspicion, same thing with someone who was once a criminal. And probably worse so, since most crimes are never expunged from a person's record so they permanently have a scarlet letter attached to them.

So when does it end, when can we deem someone reformed for their past transgressions?
I see your point, but until the consequences of a person of color's **** up = consequences of a white person's **** up, I'm not just going to let **** like this slide

While I understand your thought process, I feel like if that's the case, then no one would ever truly be reformed/forgiven. You're kind of always looked upon with suspicion, same thing with someone who was once a criminal. And probably worse so, since most crimes are never expunged from a person's record so they permanently have a scarlet letter attached to them.

Well, I'm not calling on him to be banished, boycotted, etc. I don't feel comfortable watching him anymore. That's just my personal feeling though; I'm not black and can't speak on what black people should do.

It's like when I crossed the line and said something extremely offensive to a female friend back in college. When she got mad, I escalated the situation instead of apologizing immediately, and it ruined our friendship forever.

I actually reached out to her after a few years and apologized once I matured and realized how much of an @#$ hole I was. At the same time I completely understood why she accepted my apology but said we couldn't be friends again. Small offenses can be forgiven, but don't expect everyone to forget how you went too far.

There's a difference between "I didn't like black people when I was younger, but I know better now" vs "I walked around with a bar for a week so that I could murder a black person". The first could be chalked up to ignorance, but the latter is just some extreme thought that's hard to just forgive and forget

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom