Lexus IS 250 or Acura TL

Originally Posted by sunny559

Originally Posted by duerr

The TL is the better car. After 200K miles you'll still be driving it with minimal problems and half the repair costs.

I know it's not an option, but go drive an Infiniti..I LOVE mine.

my 96 TL is a beast, i burn out like nothing (w/ TCS off) & pullin stunts while rippin the e-brake are easy as cake
goin on 170k this month too
pimp.gif

TL FTW!
I have a 99 with 70k miles, hopefully it lasts as long as yours.

Originally Posted by killaotaku

Get the Lex. They last forever...my boys ol' LS400 has mad miles on it, rides nice and it never left him stranded.
Yep, my mom has a '00 400 with 120k on it and it still rides very well.You would never guess it has that many miles on it by the way itdrives.

This thread makes me happy own a JDM vehicle

All this talk about going 100K + miles got me all excited.

OP, you can't go wrong with either car. My only advice is to take everything on here with a grain of salt, and go test drive both the cars, then do apros/cons list.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by sunny559

Originally Posted by duerr

The TL is the better car. After 200K miles you'll still be driving it with minimal problems and half the repair costs.

I know it's not an option, but go drive an Infiniti..I LOVE mine.

my 96 TL is a beast, i burn out like nothing (w/ TCS off) & pullin stunts while rippin the e-brake are easy as cake
goin on 170k this month too
pimp.gif

TL FTW!
I have a 99 with 70k miles, hopefully it lasts as long as yours.

i got a 96 TL too
pimp.gif

112k miles
wink.gif

The TL has more power, roomier, sportier than the IS.

The IS is RWD or AWD, plush interior, good handling, more comfortable.

It's up to you but I'd go with the TL Type-S if you can.

TL type-s. aren't there better suspension parts in the type-s? so i think that would trump the 250's superior handling compared to a stock TL, sincethe horsepower numbers are already greater.

both have their appeal though. i prefer the TL. i wish i could buy my mom one she LOVES that car

After driving a FWD for the past 3 years, AWD is a must, plus the TL is too common.

IS AWD > TL

yes tl is too common these days even tho its a hellavuh deal. IS is a new body style and just looks more handsome. get the new IS and be happy.
Tl if you want a bit more for ya $ and IS if you like newer looks and Lexus reliability and prestige.

tl for me.

are they really going for 27k otd loaded with options?

i paid the same for my accord, smh.

I can't find the article, but a TL-S beat a G35 and IS350 around a track by like two seconds.

Back
Top Bottom