Lets get an official list - Great college guards who never made it in the league

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm disappointed in the fact that Dre failed to post him...I actually didn't to give him his opportunity and he turns it over like Larry Drew III
30t6p3b.gif

Please do not ever mention this name again!!!
OT but how does LDIII & Quinton Thomas find a way to get scholarships to UNC of all places
mad.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Damn how did I forget about Marcus Hatten and Hassan Adams!?
I completely forgot about dude!!  Was a monster at Zona.  Did anybody ever think he looked like lebrons twin? (looks wise, not basketball skill related)

Not all Guards, but the ENTIRE 2005 Ncaa Championship team are busts.

McCantSHOOTs
MayBEBROKEN
Felton (started pretty strong, couldnt keep it up)
Jawad WHO? Williams

forgot about pepe sanchez..

who remembers auburn's chris porter?

^no love for
1Drew-Neitzel300.jpg

surprised no one has mentioned Carl Krauser

57125073_display_image.jpg

i think dude was in his 30s by his senior year..

From Arizona

Mustafa Shakur
Hassan Adams
Salim
30t6p3b.gif

Jerryd Bayless isnt doing much

also Jon Scheyer and Greg Paulus

I'm sayin' though, Avery Bradley has not lived up to the hype he's had since HS
30t6p3b.gif

Still remember reading about him in SLAM think he was gunna do it big in the L... People already writing him off.

Forgot about Rice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

From Arizona

Mustafa Shakur
Hassan Adams
Salim
30t6p3b.gif

Jerryd Bayless isnt doing much

also Jon Scheyer and Greg Paulus

laugh.gif
I'm a Dook fan but I don't think anyone ever expected Scheyer or Paulus to go pro.

Paulus never even got a work out.  Dude tried to go back to football.

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

I'm sayin' though, Avery Bradley has not lived up to the hype he's had since HS
30t6p3b.gif

Still remember reading about him in SLAM think he was gunna do it big in the L... People already writing him off.
You shouldn't read a SLAM magazine article and off that think a HS player will be a sure fire  NBA All Star 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Avery Bradley was and still is a 6-2 Shooting Guard .. who is a great defender but has  no Jump Shot  that was known back then to

If Avery Bradley has not lived up to the hype then what  do you call Abdul Gaddy career so far are they in the same boat ?

SLAM isn't the only thing I read, it's the first one that came to mind... Gaddy was a 5 star recruit coming outta HS but hasn't lived up to the 5 star recruit hype. He's a good player however but not great.

It's just a trip though to read about all these rankings from the past and to see where they are now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...iting/rankings/rank-1617

BJ Mullens #1 overall...
indifferent.gif

My whole point was Avery Bradley is in the NBA getting real playing time at a new position PG Dude is good $$$ he made it just look at the 

next 20 guy's Ranked after him in the 2009 class at Scout.com lot of those 5*dudes are not going to sniff the NBA

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by ricky409

thought first dude was shorty mac... smh...
but what's the second dude's name?

i swear i used to think he could BALL...

kinda reminds me of the guy from UNC now... lefty...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

marcus williams, & i still think dude is better than kendall marshall. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Marcus Williams was definitely a better college player than Kendall Marshall is, I don't think it's debatable.  Their passing ability is about equal and Williams was a way better shooter and scorer.  By the 2006 postseason Marcus Williams was the best player on that UConn team and was easily their best player in the NCAA tournament.  He carried that team for stretches while Rudy Gay was floating around.
20 ppg 9 dimes, 52% FG 56% 3PT 96% FT in the 2006 NCAA's. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ehh

Marcus Williams was definitely a better college player than Kendall Marshall is, I don't think it's debatable.  Their passing ability is about equal and Williams was a way better shooter and scorer.  By the 2006 postseason Marcus Williams was the best player on that UConn team and was easily their best player in the NCAA tournament.  He carried that team for stretches while Rudy Gay was floating around.
20 ppg 9 dimes, 52% FG 56% 3PT 96% FT in the 2006 NCAA's. 
pimp.gif

No.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Fam was just
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
my favorite college player ever. not even a WF fan but i remember being on break in elementary school and watching that ACC tournament. from there on, I wanted to shoot as good as him. he got drafted by the pistons but it never worked out. Also, don't sleep on Curtis Staples from VA. Dude had the quickest release I have ever seen college or pro.

these dudes weren't "great" but a lot of the guys in here weren't neither... they were pretty good, tho:
20d6a_t300.jpeg

southcarolina_downey_devan.jpg

Originally Posted by eashawty

nld6o5.jpg

wouldnt say great but i thought dude could ball
Man...if Zeke never would have tore his knees up he would have been a pro. He still managed to be pretty damn good but in HS before the injuries this %%+$! was a carbon copy of Steve Francis. Son used to fly.

Back
Top Bottom