O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
Secretary (2002)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006)

Bonus:
Kenny (2006)

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

LMFAO the wrestler was BEYOND HORRIBLE
No, no it wasn't.

I know this is way too early, but I believe Avatar need to be in the top 5. I put my word on that! One of the best movies I have seen in awhile/all year. I am the type that hardly gets impressed, and Avatar literally blew me away... Not trying to promote, but watch it if you can!

I need to watch it, but I wouldn't doubt it's as good as you say. It's practically Cameron's masterpiece.

Half of these lists are not top 10 of the decade
indifferent.gif

In no particular order:

Cast Away
Iron Man
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Departed
Unfaithful
City of God
Hotel Rwanda
Catch Me If You Can
Spider-Man
Shrek

City of God is definitely not overrated.

By and large NT's cinematic tastes are narrow and reflect that of sheltered individuals (culturally). City of God is the one film that NT actually gets,appreciates and it is warranted.

just wana say that pineapple express is one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. As a heavy weed smoker, i was offended by the lack of laughs inthis movie. it was supposed to be on some cheech and chong vibe. plus franco is a great actor. I still don't get how it was sooooo bad

Somebody tell me what the +$+# was so good about Wall-E? Are yall just basing this off of the visuals and all the 3D %%%@?

I tend to be a character/plot/great script focused kind of guy when it comes to movies and I don't see what was so good about Wall-E

I don't see how any of these 3D/all CGI/animated movies with generic/predictable/lame stories can be top anything.

I don't really have an order or anything, and I haven't seen every movie, and I'm probably forgetting some I did like, so I'm just going tolist some movies I enjoyed:

Eternal Sunshine
City of God
Children of Men
The Fountain
The Fall
There Will be Blood
In Bruges
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

That's all I can think of for now.

i'll tell you why wall-e is the best animated movie of the decade

i've never seen so much social commenter y in a childrens movie in my life. the story is partially based on fat americans helping pollute the world till itwas inhabitable . the constant wall mart references. There was no dialogue for like 2/3 of the movie and i still was never bored. i loved all the 2001: a spaceOdyssey references. the characters hardly spoke but you understood all their emotions and feelings. his best friend ia cockroach......

Originally Posted by DubA169

just wana say that pineapple express is one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life. As a heavy weed smoker, i was offended by the lack of laughs in this movie. it was supposed to be on some cheech and chong vibe. plus franco is a great actor. I still don't get how it was sooooo bad
Idk first 3/4 of that movie had me dying. Last half hour it lost its vibe and became a little too over the top, but it was still a funny movienone the less.

just listing them no particular order
1.Dark Knight
2. Gladiator
3. Departed
4. No Country for Old Men
5. There Will Be Blood
6. Slum Dog Millionaire
7. Cast Away
8. American Gangster
9. Bourne Ultimatium
10. Ocean's 11

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

Half of these lists are not top 10 of the decade
indifferent.gif
this.

There Will Be Blood is so overrated. That movie bored me to death.

In no particular order

Half Nelson
The Fall
The 40 Year Old Virgin
City of God
Superbad
Kill Bill vol. 1
Donnie Darko
Finding Nemo
Requiem for a Dream
No Country for Old Men

Bonus
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Machinist
The Royal Tenebaums
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

perfume on the list? I read the book first, might be why i didnt like the movie all that much, but regardless, i dont think so.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Somebody tell me what the +$+# was so good about Wall-E? Are yall just basing this off of the visuals and all the 3D %%%@?

I tend to be a character/plot/great script focused kind of guy when it comes to movies and I don't see what was so good about Wall-E

I don't see how any of these 3D/all CGI/animated movies with generic/predictable/lame stories can be top anything.

I agree. I find it hard to put animated movies up there as great movies. They are good movies and great movies for kids and everything, but they just can'tbe compared to some of the great movies. Just because of the target audience almost. They have great stories and themes, but are very simplistic and are meantfor children

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Here's my list:

10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
9. Inglourious Basterds
8. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
7. Memento
6. Pan's Labyrinth
5. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Departed
1. There Will Be Blood

Honorable Mention:

Wall-E
Once
The Dark Knight
The Fall
City of God
Zodiac

really bro? its a shame this made your list. that movie was a 5/10 for me. I wonder if it was any other actor rather than Brad Pitt if it would even be talkedabout. Great make-up I agree but it was way too long and way too predictable and cheesy. But besides this the list is pretty on point. I would have to addDistrict 9 tho.

Making top tens is one of the hardest things for me to do as a film student, but let me try anyway...
eyes.gif

In no order:
- Oldboy
- Infernal Affairs
- A Bittersweet Life
- The Wrestler
- Donnie Darko
- Zodiac
- Gone Baby Gone
- Lost In Traslation
- Babel
- Rescue Dawn

Honorable mentions:
The Departed
We Own The Night
Snatch
Children Of Men
No Country For Old Men
Training Day
Gladiator
City Of God
In The Mood For Love

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'll tell you why wall-e is the best animated movie of the decade

i've never seen so much social commenter y in a childrens movie in my life. the story is partially based on fat americans helping pollute the world till it was inhabitable . the constant wall mart references. There was no dialogue for like 2/3 of the movie and i still was never bored. i loved all the 2001: a space Odyssey references. the characters hardly spoke but you understood all their emotions and feelings. his best friend ia cockroach......
So you enjoyed the visuals and the whole silent movie type angle where the actions are more than enough and there's no need for words. I likethe movie but I don't even see how "best animated movie of the decade" is anything of worth but like I said I'm more of a dialogueoriented/live action acting/plot driven type of movie viewer.

Animated movies for me aren't worth the money and are more of the type of thing to pass the time cuz it's snowing/raining outside while you play pokeronline. It was a good story but I don't see how it can be in the list of movies like City Of GOD and Memento, hell even the great comedies of this decade.

From what I've seen, and going by what I qualify as a good movie, here's my opinion:

A Beautiful Mind
Hotel Rwanda
Monster
Pan's Labyrinth
Atonement
Brokeback Mountain
Crash
Precious
Capote
Babel

Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Here's my list:

10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
9. Inglourious Basterds
8. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
7. Memento
6. Pan's Labyrinth
5. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Departed
1. There Will Be Blood

Honorable Mention:

Wall-E
Once
The Dark Knight
The Fall
City of God
Zodiac

really bro? its a shame this made your list. that movie was a 5/10 for me. I wonder if it was any other actor rather than Brad Pitt if it would even be talked about. Great make-up I agree but it was way too long and way too predictable and cheesy. But besides this the list is pretty on point. I would have to add District 9 tho.
*Waits for JRS' essay on Benjamin Button*

Movie was predictable because you knew his life was going back in time, so naturally the next step was expected. I thought the story, theme, acting were allsuperb in that movie.

Back
Top Bottom