Let's discuss the Michael Vick support.

Jay Mariotti is HATING on ATH right now.

How are people talking negatively about the fans and his teammates supporting him last night? Okay, maybe the "Free Mike Vick" shirt was a littleoverboard, but did people expect nobody to ever wear a #7 jersey again or something?

Mariotti talked about Blank and Petrino trying to move on, and that everybody else should, too.
eyes.gif
Are his friends and teammates suppose to just forget he ever existed? How aboutthe fans?

I just think it's ridiculous, man. What he did was wrong and I think everybody understands that, but to criticize people close to him and his fans forsupporting him is completely unnecessary.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I forgot about the black dude on Rome. He waas talking about the punishment wasn't harsh enough, and he shouldn't ever have a chance to play inthe NFL again.

Some people deserve second chances, and Michael Vick is one of them after he serves his sentence and whatever punishment Goodell gives him.

23mths is OD... give him a $2 million fine to the ASPCA or whatever its called... but 23 months in a federal prison(i think) is plain stupid.. and you have tothink 23 is the plea(sp?) bargain

I have no issue w/ his teammates and friends showing him support....I don't think the shirt was overboard at all....

83c822bff4c7b4e88601f876a76b86e4-getty-75558033cg004_new_orleans_s.jpg

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jay Mariotti is HATING on ATH right now.

How are people talking negatively about the fans and his teammates supporting him last night? Okay, maybe the "Free Mike Vick" shirt was a little overboard, but did people expect nobody to ever wear a #7 jersey again or something?

Mariotti talked about Blank and Petrino trying to move on, and that everybody else should, too.
eyes.gif
Are his friends and teammates suppose to just forget he ever existed? How about the fans?

I just think it's ridiculous, man. What he did was wrong and I think everybody understands that, but to criticize people close to him and his fans for supporting him is completely unnecessary.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I forgot about the black dude on Rome. He waas talking about the punishment wasn't harsh enough, and he shouldn't ever have a chance to play in the NFL again.

Some people deserve second chances, and Michael Vick is one of them after he serves his sentence and whatever punishment Goodell gives him.

I strongly agree with that last statement.

Jay Mariotti IS a hater. He gets paid to be one.

Personally, I have no problem with the support. Sure, he committed a crime. And now he's getting his just punishment and serving his time. I don't getwhere that equals everyone is supposed to forget about him, either. If a family member gets locked up, do you just act like they're not there? I guess somefolks would, but I know I could never do that.

I have no issue w/ his teammates and friends showing him support....I don't think the shirt was overboard at all....
I have no problem with it at all if it's just on the level of support; I thought it was awesome when he did it last night. BUT, if Roddy isinsisting that he's innocent or something like that, you can't really argue with the law.

The shirt was overboard. Free Mike Vick? Give me a break. Like I said in the other post: FREE THE JENA 6! FREE SEAN TAYLOR'S KILLERS! FREE MIKE VICK!

Wait. I forgot they're all criminals.

Vick had numerous CHANCES to have his sentence reduced. He lied to the Feds on 2 occasions and was caught with weed, he deserves 23 months. I do feel sorry forhim though, he had it all and now POOF.

Agreed. While I feel Mike got what he had coming as far as his sentencing goes, there's absolutely no need to say he shouldn't ever gethis chance at redemption. Like someone said in the other thread, if Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Leonard Little, etc. get their second chances after the mistakesthey've made, why shouldn't Mike? Granted, he's serving a longer setence than any of the others have, but that still doesn't/shouldn't haveanything to do with him getting a second chance. When he's done serving his time, let him come back and try to revive what's left of his career.

Just my opinion, but i thought that shirt was ******ed actually, and no reason to pull that on TV in the middle of the game.

Remember, none of the current players wanted to talk about Vick and they want to "move on." But yet lets start flashing T's and getting attentionin the middle of the game when it's not going to change one thing.

The shirt was overboard. Free Mike Vick? Give me a break. Like I said in the other post: FREE THE JENA 6! FREE SEAN TAYLOR'S KILLERS! FREE MIKE VICK!

People have lobbied for freeing ST's shooters?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Uh I don't think anyone ever said to free Sean Taylor's killers
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

He deserve a 2nd chance after he does his time, but free Mike Vick(like he didn't do anything wrong) is straight up stupid

I agree to that.

as far as the "Free Mike Vick" shirt, it's kinda ridiculous : http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/734381#reply-734381

it would've been better if it said "keep ya head up Mike" or something to that effect.

BUT, if Roddy is insisting that he's innocent or something like that, you can't really argue with the law.

BUT, if Roddy is insisting that he's innocent or something like that, you can't really argue with the law then Roddy isan idiot.

I have no problem with his teammates supporting him, and obviously the man needs help. He is definatley in his darkest hour, but to see that some of histeammates and people of the city show their love by way of t-shirts, jerseys, etc, can only make him feel a little better. It seemed like every person thatESPN panned to last night in the crowd in support of Vick was black. I don't know if I found it odd, or just a reality of the racial divide as far as whois backing this man. Personally, I feel Vick made his own bed due to his stupidity. Are people supporting him due to his skin color, or do they REALLY feellike he isn't getting a fair shake of things even though he lied, funded a gambling ring, etc etc?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

People have lobbied for freeing ST's shooters?

Yeah, check his myspace friends
smh.gif
It's embarrassing

That shirt is pathetic. The NFL should fine and suspend those players that wore that under their jerseys.

"Free Mike Vick"? He pled guilty for crissakes. He's doing what is right by accepting responsibility. Apparently his teammates are dumb!!$**# andcannot comprehend Vick's actions.

Originally Posted by acidicality

ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Except they did. There was a Myspace group for it.

That's obviously not true.
It's not?

I dont doubt these guys care about Vick. However I'm speaking of the work environment. We had the loads of quotes all training camp and early season of"let's move on" or they dont want to talk about him, he's not here. Etc.

Yet now it's gotta be the showtime on national TV lifting up the shirts and what not. In the middle of the game, playing in front of your owner who hasproven his disappoinment. Again, that's just me.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

there are basically 2 major opinions on this:

-the first is that Vick messed up, Vick is worthless, should get life in prison, should get everything taken from him, his life should be ripped down and destroyed because of mistakes that he made at a young age.

-the second is that Vick messed up, but there is no reason to continue to tear him down once he finishes his punishment... everyone has messed up in life before, and when people mess up, it shouldn't be the end. (not talking about if you killed a man or something)

Your a wise man
pimp.gif

It seemed like every person that ESPN panned to last night in the crowd in support of Vick was black. I don't know if I found it odd, or just a reality of the racial divide as far as who is backing this man. Personally, I feel Vick made his own bed due to his stupidity. Are people supporting him due to his skin color, or do they REALLY feel like he isn't getting a fair shake of things even though he lied, funded a gambling ring, etc etc?
I know I matter not to Michael Vick, but I do support him; I'm white. I'm torn on whether or not the punishment was fair, but I do knowthat, as I've already stated, he will deserve a second chance after he's paid his dues.

"Free Mike Vick"? He pled guilty for crissakes. He's doing what is right by accepting responsibility. Apparently his teammates are dumb!!$**# and cannot comprehend Vick's actions.
Or maybe you're looking too deeply into it, as we've already mentioned in this thread.

However I'm speaking of the work environment.
Okay, well I agree with that then, but what choice do they have? They have to move on without him on the field. But I think for the most part,it's pretty obvious that he's still on the minds of his teammates and fans.

but ESPN purposely zoomed in on ONLY the black ones. Not one time throughout the game can I remember them showing a white fan with a Vick jersey. I definitely noticed that as well, and so did my dad.

I didn't watch the game, but are you certain about this or is it just casual recollection. That's a pretty serious problem if ESPN was doing thisthroughout the broadcast.

Originally Posted by acidicality

ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Except they did. There was a Myspace group for it.
:stoneface It just MySpace. You act like there is a national outcry or something. You're lucky there is no Hyperbole Police or they'd be makingFree DaJoka t-shirts right now

My stance on the whole issue is this: Vick may have messed up quite a few times(lying to the feds, failing a drug test, funding the whole damn operation, andwhatever else he did), but let him pay his dues and give him a 2nd chance.

Back
Top Bottom