let this thread die (NYK)

trade amare to nuggets for wilson chandler and gallinari
laugh.gif

quick question can the knicks trade Amare for some one else bad contract and then that team can amnesty him?

This may be a blessing in disguise.

We played much better with Amar'e...lets hope that we can reproduce the same intensity.

If we win two playoff games without Stat, then I'll finally be on board to get rid of him.

Shump still hurts the worst because he is our best defensive player

Yea the bright spot is that we goin home. Technically we are supposed to lose those 2 games. Playoff series doesnt start till the home team loses. Also we get to go back to a lineup that was working for us to end the season. I still think we can get in a groove and make the series interesting. But we obviously have to win Game 3.

Shump hurts. But we should be able to start Jeffries who wont let Haslem get 5 offensive boards in the first quarter. I mean seriously Amare. All we needed you to do was rebound the ball and you cant do that. Your not the focal point on offense atleast step it up and rebound the damn ball. Dude spends all his time boxing out then forgets to put his hands up to catch the ball and it just goes right to the guy hes boxing out. I mean seriously. How you that big and cant rebound? I was pushing for the trade at the deadline. And I actually do think we could flip Amare. But we would prolly have to take another bad contract back. But if they can rebound im cool with it.

If he doesnt play and we win. Woodson better tell him IDK about your ego, you coming off the bench.

Let's face it tho,we should have seen this coming. We can't go around giving 100 million dollar contracts to players that can't rebound or defend. We overlooked it cause he was a great scorer. Now that he isn't what is he worth? Not a damn thing

Just out of curiosity...

Let's say there's a team interested in Amare in the offseason and we're looking to trade him. I know you can swap a bad contract for a bad contract (within like 10% of each other or something)...

But do we have the option of "picking up" part of Amare's contract in a deal to make it more feasible for another team? He's due $60 mil over 3 years, could we pick up say, $15 mil of that so a new team would foot a bill of $45 mil?

And yes I'm asking that before game 3 of the 1st round.

Nobody in their right mind will take stats contract unless we pay more than half. I think its time he changes religion

Originally Posted by modiggler

quick question can the knicks trade Amare for some one else bad contract and then that team can amnesty him?

1 amnesty per the life of the CBA I believe, which we used on Billups.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

yall need to stop acting like !@!+@*% b. the series aint over

dude...the Knicks never stood a chance.

I"m a Knicks fan, but anyone who thought we could actually beat the heat is living in another dimension.

same *%*% bout to happen at the garden. hope i'm wrong. wish i'm wrong.
tired.gif

Daily news Lulz. Let's stay positive knick fans.I'm looking forward to next season with Lin back and starting fresh with woodson. It's clear amare does not fit on this team and he will be bought out. Maybe Phil can take it as a,challenge to make melo and stat co exist wishful thinking
frown.gif

guys let be real, the lord of the rings is not coming to the garden. the man got nothing else to prove. we're better off keeping woodson.

Originally Posted by debs 168

same *%*% bout to happen at the garden. hope i'm wrong. wish i'm wrong.
tired.gif

indifferent.gif

take those smileys back to that other forum

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

dude...the Knicks never stood a chance.

I"m a Knicks fan, but anyone who thought we could actually beat the heat is living in another dimension.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

so your the type of fan that gives up mid way thru the series right? what happened to the ride or die fans? idk about anybody else but im in this till the final buzzer of the last game.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by modiggler

1 amnesty per the life of the CBA I believe, which we used on Billups.
I think he means the other team use amnesty on him after swapping bad contracts with us. We'd get someone with a bad contract who is more serviceable to our needs and they would just use the amnesty. Interesting but a super long shot. 

I'm a ride or die fan but let's be real stat looks terrible our bench got out scored we had more turnovers than them. Melo can only do so much and with no offensive or defensive help from stat and no real pg we truly have no shot.

this organization hasnt given us a reason to ride for them like that. They dont deserve the benefit of the doubt. Im just hoping to get a win.

thank you.

we want it more than the organization. @!@$ is ridiculous. stat doesn't even try and its been that way for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom