let this thread die (NYK)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ Carmelo coming off the bench

last two games were hard to watch.
tired.gif

it seemed like they didnt change anything on offense from the Dallas game. heck, they didnt change anything from the whole season actually. going under the screens, switching on defense (creates mismatches) etc.

when Lin comes off a screen, he only goes right. when the help defender hedges out, he picks up his dribble.
indifferent.gif
he HAS to learn to go left and find Amare rolling. or at least use the defender, who hedges out, to his advantage. Lin needs to stop picking up his dribble, whenever he thinks he's in trouble.
i think thats why BD has been playing more. he knows what to do when he comes off a screen. although, whenever BD plays, it seems like the offense takes a long time to setup (bc BD is playing with the bench, which consists of shooters. so it takes time to get them open) and BD ends up creating his own shot with 4-5 seconds left. which those shots are usually a step back 3 or an awkward looking floater/layup (ie. Toney Douglas)

there was a good 4-5 min in the 2nd or 3rd quarter where it was just Melo isos. one and done on offense. kinda like Amare during the start of the 3rd quarter during the Dallas game. just all catch and shoot or catch and try to create.
Dantonis gotta know that when someone isnt producing anything on offense, he has to come out. just like how he takes off Shump when he's doing good.

the help defense was terrible. actually our defense in general was terrible. Stat not picking up TP whenever he drove. Stat trying to front TD. Lin/Shump not picking up TP early. giving Manu lots of space to create a shot. not hedging out, when defending against the screen. assuming to always switch/ switching early (if that makes any sense) this happened when Blair set a weak screen on Melo, then Stat had to pick up Neal, which he hit a wide open 3.

it was just a terrible game over all. sure we had our 'runs'. but 'runs' consist of making shots, creating offense AND getting stops on defense.

Shump starting? it just messes up the rotation even more. dont change the starting lineup! but Fields looked like he had a lil step to his game. he should be starting tho.

Friday in Milwaukee. Lin vs. Jennings... oh boy.
tired.gif

Delfino usually gets into Melos head. so Melo will call for isos on Delfino, just thinking to get the best of him.
Stat/Jorts trying to guard Elysova? Elysova is going to put up 40 or something.

either than that. i think our matchups are good. just contain Jennings. DONT GO UNDER SCREENS, JENNINGS WILL SHOOT IT. i can see Shump having his hands full with Jennings. if we contain Jennings, we should win this game. this, plus we should come out with some sort of urgency from the 3 straight losses.

/rant

*fun fact: i pretty sure this is the most ive written in this thread*

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Next PG to score 20+ that is not a superstar . I'm gonna start the get the T-Doug or Bibby burn movement. Their defense can't be as bad as Lin
How soon do we forget. You got the memory of a gnat. @@@% those useless flesh bags
Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I don't know, I looked at it several times as I often pay attention to our players attitudes and body language but when Amare got into a altercation with a Spurs player I observed most players on the floor get involved in getting in between Amare and the Spur player (don't remember who), it looked to me as if this could have escalated to fight if not for the surrounding players intervention as Amare appeared to moving towards his opponent even as players and refs tried to keep the players separated.

I observed Carmelo kind of just look semi interested and not really get involved. I thought he should have showed more support for Amare. What was even more strange was watching Lin avoid the support for Amare and walk around the players on his way over to the bench for....I don't know what. Then it dawned on me that during this loosing stretch I often see him with this no expressionor no spirit look on his face even when he gets repeatedly burned on defense, gets out hustled or commits a turnover. Maybe he's just young or somehow becomes detached during theses times but it kind of concerns me. We are used to more emotion and personal expression from our players in the past, as fans we need to know they care, we neid to know that they are upset as we are upset when they fail or disappoint. What do you guys/gals think.
LOL.

Too much.

Originally Posted by Nash

whattup Knicks fans, I have a question to ask of you:

What do you guys think of Lin?

Obviously everyone has an opinion on the guy, but what do you as tried and true fans of the team think of him?
He has the potential to be a solid starting PG. Sees the court really well and can score. Obviously needs to cut down the turnovers. But I need most fans to understand that this is where the buck stops. He is NOT an all-star caliber guard and he CANNOT carry a team to a championship. Linsanity was a facade. Kid got hot at the perfect time against the perfect teams. Nothing more. There are some glaring holes in his game he needs to fix if he wants to continue as a starter though. Namely defense, lack of a pull-up or floater, and inability to go left. We can deal with 4-5 turnovers but those other things are inexcusable. Particularly the defense. Guards are running past him way too easy and he repeatedly gets caught behind screens (moving picks no longer exist in the NBA as far as I'm concerned). I've noticed that often times on defense he turns his body vertical in relation to the man he's defending. This is cardinal sin number one in defending. He needs to stay horizontal, get wide, and move laterally. Once you turn your shoulders vertically its curtains, you're trapped in the cross-over matrix.
And why the hell does he keep slipping!?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Next PG to score 20+ that is not a superstar . I'm gonna start the get the T-Doug or Bibby burn movement. Their defense can't be as bad as Lin
How soon do we forget. You got the memory of a gnat. !%%% those useless flesh bags

Lin definitely needs to step up the defense. But if anyone starts a "give Bibby or Douglas significant minutes Movement" please disassociate yourself with the team ASAP.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

How soon do we forget. You got the memory of a gnat. !%%% those useless flesh bags

Lin definitely needs to step up the defense. But if anyone starts a "give Bibby or Douglas significant minutes Movement" please disassociate yourself with the team ASAP.

Where did you get significant from? Plus I'm joking about that movement. Only people that will join that is Me & TD. His own momma won't even support it

do you think lin should play with the second unit more (backup?). seems he would have more freedom to just attack instead of trying to get melo and amare going. he plays well with novak, and even jared.

Lin's on-ball defense isn't the problem, it's off the ball and his help defense that's the problem. He's constantly going under screens and switching off the pick, and getting burned by guys like Calderon, D-Will, and Tony Parker. That's not on Lin though, because that's the team's defensive philosophy... everyone does it. That's on the coaching staff (which is the biggest joke in the NBA btw).

This team just completely lacks fundamentals. How many times do you see guys go backdoor and get open for a layup because Melo or Amar'e were sleeping on D? How many times do you see our guys NOT boxing out? Why does it seem like our only offensive play is the high pick and roll? Teams have adjusted to Lin, and yet, we haven't made any adjustments at all.

The sooner Pringles is fired, the better.

Are you serious? Only 27 points on 50% shooting? This guy is our star and we need him to do better than that.

Dude plays horrible defense on every point guard were up against and they always end up cooking him.

Not to mention that he injured Tyson and Jared in the Dallas game.

/Knick fan

But really, I fully expect Jennings to cook our team again. He was very vocal last time about how much he loved our switching defense.

Originally Posted by LovesIt

This team just has a low basketball IQ
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
This is so true. more so on defense than anything. I feel like smacking Woodson and Ringles some times.

I mean if you see going under the screen isn't working how about you stop? If you're getting burned every time you switch how about you stop? How about some help defense when a wing man gets beat on the dribble?

It is so frustrating once you add the lack of effort/hustle from guys.

Jerome Jordan recalled from D-League
March, 8, 2012
By Jared Zwerling

The Knicks announced Thursday afternoon they recalled big man Jerome Jordan from the Erie Bayhawks of the NBA D-League for the second time this season.

The Knicks are hurting right now at the center position with the hobbled Tyson Chandler (hamstring strain) and Jared Jeffries (sore right knee). While Jeffries will miss Friday night's game against the Bucks, Chandler remains questionable.

Jordan appeared in five games with Erie this season, averaging 18.0 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.8 blocks, while shooting 48.5 percent in 32.6 minutes per game. Appearing in 13 games with the Knicks, he scored 20 points and grabbed 15 rebounds over 61 minutes.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

off topic but does anyone here have an original xbox that they don't use anymore?

What do you need that for???  
laugh.gif

I have 1 sitting here but I'm not sure if it still works.. I'll let you borrow it
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom