let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

whats up with Melo and how he reacted to Craig Sager's question of meshing with Jeremy Lin? 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
 Maybe I'm reaching but I sensed a bit of annoyance and jealousy 
nerd.gif
 Am I reaching?

Yea that was odd, he knows damn well what sager asked

whats up with Melo and how he reacted to Craig Sager's question of meshing with Jeremy Lin? 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
 Am I reaching?

I'm sure he's tired of answer those questions all weekend. Saw Dwight Howard calling Carmelo Jeremy Lin in the locker room
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

laugh.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
 Am I reaching?

I'm sure he's tired of answer those questions all weekend.
Saw Dwight Howard calling Carmelo Jeremy Lin in the locker room
laugh.gif
But he made himself look like an %$+ on national TV.  On top of it all, he's just adding fuel to the fire as far as people speculating about his feelings about how things are going w. the Knicks.  He didn't do himself any favors w. that interview. 

yea Melo looked annoyed at all the Jeremy Lin questions. but i dont blame him. he's here for the all star game to enjoy with his fellow all stars, not contstanly gettin asked about Jeremy Lin

I think EVERYONE is sick of hearing about Jeremy Lin..Including Jeremy Lin..Melo never liked being interviewed about non-game related things in the middle of a game. Like last ASG where they asked him about the Denver to NY rumors and he seemed annoyed until Kobe came in and told Sager to eat a ****

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think EVERYONE is sick of hearing about Jeremy Lin.
This...it's as if the media wants us to be sick of him.  Cheese pizza is delicious, but even I'd get tired of it if I had to hear about it everyday
smile.gif

This may be Melo's last time starting an All-Star game.
Are you saying Melo's stardom will go down after this season or that he's on the decline as a player?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This may be Melo's last time starting an All-Star game.
Are you saying Melo's stardom will go down after this season or that he's on the decline as a player?

Stardom. 
Especially if the Knicks get kicked out of the First Round and he continues to shoot 39% from the field.

I really think he just tired of talking about it. Kinda the same way when Sager was talking to Westbrook and Durant the other day. And he brought up that they dont get a long in the court and Durant Gave him a "C'MON SON/%!#+ you talkin about?" look. They all know that these sideline reporters are just trying to stir #$!! up for a story. And I would assume that #$!! gets annoying after a while.

He also looked like he aint even wanna give him the interview cuz he just tryin to have fun and enjoy the game and Sager forced him into it by taking the towel away from Melo's mouth so he would talk.

I would be annoyed if I were Melo. This ASG weekend was supposed to be time for this Linsanity nonsense to die down a bit so the team could get focused, healthy, and playing like they should. But reporters are going to keep pecking at it any way they can.

How about some reporters go find Stat and ask him what's up with his game, thats who we need to be worried about.

After seeing DA talk to KD about the issues with Russ I'm not surprised another media generated issue was brought up in questions for Melo in regards to Lin.

If Melo really wanted to stay away from that nonsense he would've rested and stayed out of ASW altogether and let Lin get the shine for that rising stars game.

All in all it's not a big deal to me or for the team the rest of the season but no doubt other ppl in the media and lames will hang on it for every Knicks loss.

Out of every single Allstar starter melo is the lone one that does not make his team better. Dude did not deserve to start

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Out of every single Allstar starter melo is the lone one that does not make his team better. Dude did not deserve to start

Can you just come out and say youre not really a Knicks fan? Every damn post nagging/bad mouthing your own team/player. Dont like the team? Go for the Heat like everybody else. %@!%

Die hard knick fan. But unlike you and many others I believe in results something melo hasn't provided. But you do know he was the only starter on a losing team right?

Alright, I'm sure you're trolling now.
laugh.gif

Nice Avy.
laugh.gif

Die hard knick fan. But unlike you and many others I believe in results something melo hasn't provided. But you do know he was the only starter on a losing team right?

Yea I don't understand, I'm a die hard Knicks fan as well but I'm passionate. If I don't believe the team is on the right path of course I'm going to be skeptical. This is New York gentlemen, we have waited too long. Melo is not a super-star, he does not his team around him better.
Did anyone listen to Melo on First Take Monday? He sincerely believes he's a top 5 player. He is absolutely delusional. 

That's all his fault?

Yea I don't understand, I'm a die hard Knicks fan as well but I'm passionate. If I don't believe the team is on the right path of course I'm going to be skeptical. This is New York gentlemen, we have waited too long. Melo is not a super-star, he does not his team around him better.
Did anyone listen to Melo on First Take Monday? He sincerely believes he's a top 5 player. He is absolutely delusional.
That's fine. Be skeptical all you want, be passionate. The thing is the team is finally coming in to it's own now, each player is on their way to being 100% healthy, and the team is on it's way to being cohesive and all you guys do is post the same damn negative shh toward one player. One player. I think yall are just still salty about Bron not coming here and the Melo trade, as if Melo was suppose to be the substitute for Bron. If yall really thought Melo was the answer to all our problems you're not that smart.

Yall say yall die hard Knicks fan but it's like once you mention results when it hasn't even been a full season it makes others think you do not watch the games AT ALL. You look at the record since the Melo trade, ignore all other factors, variables, and circumstances and say Melo sucks, trade him, etc. It's funny cuz you're a lot like the ppl that %#!$ on our players when they're Knicks and then praise them when they're on another team
laugh.gif
Yall just displaying another part of the label "delusional Knicks fan." I won't even get in to the coach and the system nonsense a lot of yall contradict yourselves with. Some of yall still in denial with the state of this organization, like the owner.

If you never wanted Melo here I can at least understand that, extra delusional believing the pieces we had would make us anything more than a middle of the pack team, while trying to add moves we actually did make for the team after the trade with your imaginary team without the trade, then yeah fine continue with those wild fantasies.

I'm going to be so sick when they re-release those flightposite 3's smh. My pair just died this year
30t6p3b.gif
Used them for balling and they still looked great but unfortunately melted in my car on a hot day and the straps fell off
laugh.gif
Back in like 03-04 I think it was you could get them in every flavor for like $79-$99. Eastbay catalog had mad colorways. You can be sure that if they retro it'll be for like $160 at least.

If your the Knicks, would you propose this trade?

Chandler + Amare + 1st round draft pick for Dwight Howard + Hedo.

I'm not sure if Dwight's staying or leaving but this trade is better than letting him walk for nothing.

That's all his fault?

That's fine. Be skeptical all you want, be passionate. The thing is the team is finally coming in to it's own now, each player is on their way to being 100% healthy, and the team is on it's way to being cohesive and all you guys do is post the same damn negative shh toward one player. One player. I think yall are just still salty about Bron not coming here and the Melo trade, as if Melo was suppose to be the substitute for Bron. If yall really thought Melo was the answer to all our problems you're not that smart.

Yall say yall die hard Knicks fan but it's like once you mention results when it hasn't even been a full season it makes others think you do not watch the games AT ALL. You look at the record since the Melo trade, ignore all other factors, variables, and circumstances and say Melo sucks, trade him, etc. It's funny cuz you're a lot like the ppl that %#!$ on our players when they're Knicks and then praise them when they're on another team
laugh.gif
Yall just displaying another part of the label "delusional Knicks fan." I won't even get in to the coach and the system nonsense a lot of yall contradict yourselves with. Some of yall still in denial with the state of this organization, like the owner.

If you never wanted Melo here I can at least understand that, extra delusional believing the pieces we had would make us anything more than a middle of the pack team, while trying to add moves we actually did make for the team after the trade with your imaginary team without the trade, then yeah fine continue with those wild fantasies.

My problem with Melo starts from the beginning of the trade. If he wanted to join the Knicks and he was adement about playing in the bright lights of New York City he could have easily signed with us during the off season. We didn't need to gut half of our team to acquire him but he wanted the money, he wanted the maximum. If he really wanted to "win" he would have realized that The Big Three each took a 25% pay cut, he could have done the same. D'Antoni nor Donnie Walsh wanted to make the trade because it didn't make any sense. We could signed Melo in the off-season and then traded those assets (we traded for Melo) for Chris Paul (remember, this was his first choice). It seems like Carmelo Anthony and yourself are the only one's living in a fantasy world. 
You honestly think the dude is a superstar? All you have is speculation and opinion and what I'm feeding is nothing but FACTS. Look at Amare's production and numbers since Carmelo has been on the Knicks; its dismal, %@$%, take look at Landry. Carmelo Anthony doesn't make our team better, he's a great scorer but thats it. If your to blind to realize that I suggest you fall back and stop basing you're predictions on bias and start basing them on basketball. 

BTW, Middle of the pack team? Dude we're still a middle of pack team. Before Lin we were a below-average team. What are you talking about?

You think I want to be right? You think I want to believe what I see? Like I told you before, I wish I was wrong.

I know we can't trade Carmelo, I know we can't trade Amare. I know these things because honestly no other team would even consider trading for them for the amount of money we're paying them. This is what the Knicks management has given us (Dolan mostly). We have to live and die with this team but that will not hold back my tongue and that will not hold back my opinion because in reality we had more prosperous alternatives then the ones we chose. 

The only dude living in denial from these responses are you, take a look at the bigger picture; An NBA championship.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I'm not sure if Dwight's staying or leaving but this trade is better than letting him walk for nothing.
laugh.gif
What 1st round draft pick do we have? 2018? Wouldn't want Hedo here. I'll take Ryan Anderson instead.

I think to avoid getting nothing they do the deal with the Nets last minute. Which is I think Lopez, Brooks, other bums, w/e picks they have left. That's better than nothing too.

My problem with Melo starts from the beginning of the trade. If he wanted to join the Knicks and he was adement about playing in the bright lights of New York City he could have easily signed with us during the off season. We didn't need to gut half of our team to acquire him but he wanted the money, he wanted the maximum. If he really wanted to "win" he would have realized that The Big Three each took a 25% pay cut, he could have done the same. D'Antoni nor Donnie Walsh wanted to make the trade because it didn't make any sense. We could signed Melo in the off-season and then traded those assets (we traded for Melo) for Chris Paul (remember, this was his first choice). It seems like Carmelo Anthony and yourself are the only one's living in a fantasy world. 
Fam, off the jump I'm not about to put myself in any other star player's shoes that's capable of demanding a max contract. I will say from a logical standpoint you can not have a problem with Melo by comparing him to what LeBron, Wade, Bosh did. They had a plan. They knew what they were doing probably before the season ended. Melo was not about to come here for less money after STAT already signed for the max. So if anything affected that thought process it was coming to a team as the #1 guy while somebody else is getting paid more than you. May be petty or not all about winning but when you look at it outside of Miami aint no other player that has resigned with their team has taken a whole lot less without knowing they'd get the max eventually. You can't compare MIA with NY when the way they formed their team was two drastically different ways. If this is part of your problem with him you need to let that shh go. Right now you can't give me a reason why STAT should get the max and Melo shouldn't. They both have it so just deal with it.
You honestly think the dude is a superstar? All you have is speculation and opinion and what I'm feeding is nothing but FACTS. Look at Amare's production and numbers since Carmelo has been on the Knicks; its dismal, %@$%, take look at Landry. Carmelo Anthony doesn't make our team better, he's a great scorer but thats it. If your to blind to realize that I suggest you fall back and stop basing you're predictions on bias and start basing them on basketball.
Melo is a star player. I don't know why you specifically keep asking if he's a superstar as if the league is filled with a grip of them or like I EVER said it once or anybody else for that matter. You saying all I got is speculation, what speculation? What opinion? Just like I said you're gonna allude to facts and ignore everything else. We giving Amar'e and Landry %#$#+*% Fields a pass for playing like %*## and putting it on Melo?
BTW, Middle of the pack team? Dude we're still a middle of pack team. Before Lin we were a below-average team. What are you talking about?
With Melo on this team (and an Amar'e playing good) I'd take that over the other team in the playoffs every time. Of course that's my opinion on that and more importantly I don't even know why we even need to compare anymore.
You think I want to be right? You think I want to believe what I see? Like I told you before, I wish I was wrong.

I know we can't trade Carmelo, I know we can't trade Amare. I know these things because honestly no other team would even consider trading for them for the amount of money we're paying them. This is what the Knicks management has given us (Dolan mostly). We have to live and die with this team but that will not hold back my tongue and that will not hold back my opinion because in reality we had more prosperous alternatives then the ones we chose. 

The only dude living in denial from these responses are you, take a look at the bigger picture; An NBA championship.

This is why I said you're in denial about this organization. Talking about NBA championships when we got a coach on his way out and no official GM. And most importantly a dip**** for an owner. We gutted a team for a star player, a top scorer mind you, to pair with another scorer. You're talking about alternative options living in a damn fantasy. Still thinking about Cp3 and w/e GM moves you're making in your head instead of really dealing with reality. Go ahead and state your opinion but nobody wants to read you say the same shh over and over again man. Broken record #%# +%****. Stop crying about it already. Deal with the now. Everything you just told me is basically what the team could've been, what Melo didn't do and what he isn't. Like son is a bum and produces nothing to the team. The more you post about this one guy the more it seems like trolling cuz your statements get more and more absurd. You filled with so much salt and you don't even know it. Think you dropping revelatory posts about Melo? C'mon son.

I just hope you and Tim stay this way for the duration of their contracts.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

laugh.gif
What 1st round draft pick do we have? 2018? Wouldn't want Hedo here. I'll take Ryan Anderson instead.

I think to avoid getting nothing they do the deal with the Nets last minute. Which is I think Lopez, Brooks, other bums, w/e picks they have left. That's better than nothing too.

Fam, off the jump I'm not about to put myself in any other star player's shoes that's capable of demanding a max contract. I will say from a logical standpoint you can not have a problem with Melo by comparing him to what LeBron, Wade, Bosh did. They had a plan. They knew what they were doing probably before the season ended. Melo was not about to come here for less money after STAT already signed for the max. So if anything affected that thought process it was coming to a team as the #1 guy while somebody else is getting paid more than you. May be petty or not all about winning but when you look at it outside of Miami aint no other player that has resigned with their team has taken a whole lot less without knowing they'd get the max eventually. You can't compare MIA with NY when the way they formed their team was two drastically different ways. If this is part of your problem with him you need to let that shh go. Right now you can't give me a reason why STAT should get the max and Melo shouldn't. They both have it so just deal with it.
Melo is a star player. I don't know why you specifically keep asking if he's a superstar as if the league is filled with a grip of them or like I EVER said it once or anybody else for that matter. You saying all I got is speculation, what speculation? What opinion? Just like I said you're gonna allude to facts and ignore everything else. We giving Amar'e and Landry %#$#+*% Fields a pass for playing like %*## and putting it on Melo?
With Melo on this team (and an Amar'e playing good) I'd take that over the other team in the playoffs every time. Of course that's my opinion on that and more importantly I don't even know why we even need to compare anymore.

This is why I said you're in denial about this organization. Talking about NBA championships when we got a coach on his way out and no official GM. And most importantly a dip**** for an owner. We gutted a team for a star player, a top scorer mind you, to pair with another scorer. You're talking about alternative options living in a damn fantasy. Still thinking about Cp3 and w/e GM moves you're making in your head instead of really dealing with reality. Go ahead and state your opinion but nobody wants to read you say the same shh over and over again man. Broken record #%# +%****. Stop crying about it already. Deal with the now. Everything you just told me is basically what the team could've been, what Melo didn't do and what he isn't. Like son is a bum and produces nothing to the team. The more you post about this one guy the more it seems like trolling cuz your statements get more and more absurd. You filled with so much salt and you don't even know it. Think you dropping revelatory posts about Melo? C'mon son.

I just hope you and Tim stay this way for the duration of their contracts.

First of all, I don't know who Tim is and why you keep bringing that up.
I concur with what you said about management and the organization, we have a terrible Owner whose main goal is raise ticket prices and MSG stock...not win championships. 

However your telling me not to be "salty", basically for a better lack of words your telling me not to even criticize the team. Homie, I am dealing with what the Knicks have right now but I'm not holding back my tongue for you or anybody. This is New York, if you don't live up to expectations or better yet, if you don't live up to your salary you will get run out of town. No Question. If you can't handle the criticism avoid my posts, avoid talk radio, $$%! avoid ESPN while your at it as well.

You think everything has been peachy and great with Melo & Amare is leading me to believe your the one in denial. Once again, we were 8-15 before Jeremy Lin, thats not speculation, thats a fact. You obviously have a lot of love for Melo, thats cute. I on the other hand don't idolize or side with a single player. I love the New York Knicks, for better or worse. Players will come and go and Knicks will always be here. 

I keep telling you I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen on the basketball court, what I've seen out of Melo & Amare, from a basketball point of view and from team chemistry; I'm sorry, I'm not thrilled at all. I hope I eat my words fam, I really do.

You just quoted Tim
laugh.gif
Tim Teufel like you has been posting the same things focusing solely on Melo. Saying the same things about facts and ignoring everything else that actually make the facts facts.

As for the other stuff you just said I gotta bow out cuz you're crazy putting words in my mouth or assuming anything other than what I've said in my posts. Especially if you think I think everything has been "peachy" with Amar'e and Melo
laugh.gif

Also, there's a difference between criticizing the team and watching games just to look for anything Melo does badly and then go ghost when the team is winning and Melo is playing well. It's gotten to the point where some of you guys are actively looking for ways to blame every Knick loss on Melo.

Back
Top Bottom