Legit Check on Jordan 4 Doernbechers...

I know, surprise surprise.  Here goes.  So I have 2 pairs of DB 4's I wanted the LC forum comment on. Both are a bit fishy, but I've heard it all from them being legit to very good knock-offs. This is the first of the 2 I will be posting. Picture 1, I've been told there isn't enough white mesh seen. Picture 2 seems fine, but 3 apparently has the wrong direction of the face. Note that 'Isaac' on my pair of shoes FEELS like the 23 symbol on the back of the newest Jordan 11s. Feels like iron on. Not sure how it's supposed to feel, but wanted to note that. Picture 4 and 5 show the back of the shoe, with the arrows NOT under the Jumpman logo. I've also seen what I feel to be legit pairs with the blue stitching lower than in that picture. Basically saying too much space there between that and the green midsole. Picture 6 is of the insole. It was VERY easy to remove, with almost no glue holding it in. The jumpman is a darker green than in the picture, but I've heard 2 different things on this. One is that green is the correct color, and a yellow jumpman would be wrong. But I've heard also that it is supposed to be 'lime green', matching the color of the jumpman on the back. This one CLEARLY does NOT. Picture 7 is the bottom of the insole. My other pair has a completely different bottom. Picture 8 is the sole. It looks fine, unless someone here can tell me otherwise. Picture 9 is the BOX TAG. I've heard that if the "C" is larger than the other letters, as well as just what appears to be misprints, then the shoes are fake.

So ALL that being said, I am asking for a refund from the seller, in which he has obliged. He too said he didn't know if they were fake or not, and has heard it all like I have. Could just be full of ****, but please, ALL the feedback you can give would be great. If you aren't sure, PLEASE don't comment. I need to be 100% sure on these, as I feel like I've been ****** twice now and won't allow the 3rd time to be a charm.

Thanks ALL,

John

These were moved over last night when I saw that damn HUGE message right in front of my face AFTER I posted this up.  And I do appreciate the feedback/help.  I've actually been looking forward to your response, as I didn't even want to post this up after seeing everyone else's issues with these shoes.

Ive heard you use 'taobao' in reference to other people's shoes, but what does that even mean?  A certain fake distributor of these or just a generic term perhaps?  I found Jordan 4 DBs on an Asian website 'taobao.com' but clearly those are faker than fake.  The shoes I have at least show some effort into faking them
roll.gif

These were moved over last night when I saw that damn HUGE message right in front of my face AFTER I posted this up.  And I do appreciate the feedback/help.  I've actually been looking forward to your response, as I didn't even want to post this up after seeing everyone else's issues with these shoes.

Ive heard you use 'taobao' in reference to other people's shoes, but what does that even mean?  A certain fake distributor of these or just a generic term perhaps?  I found Jordan 4 DBs on an Asian website 'taobao.com' but clearly those are faker than fake.  The shoes I have at least show some effort into faking them
roll.gif
taobao has both horrible fakes and higher grade fakes. 

taobao is a chinese market, similar to eBay, but much less regulated. There has been some stores on Taobao that have been selling high-grade, near-perfect replicas of popular Jordan shoes (Space Jams with the icy blue tint soles, Breds, Cool Greys, Concords, Infrareds, Ray Allen 13s to name a few). Not only all those mentioned, but a bunch of DB4s have come from Taobao as of late. The biggest an easiest way to tell they are a high grade replica, probably from Taobao, is the white lining that you mentioned. On an authentic pair of DB4s, which only a couple thousand were produced may I remind you, the white lining is easy to see and pretty thick along the entire tongue, front and sides:

Notice on the pair you posted, you cannot see the white border so easily.. almost not at all:

On MOST of these Taobao replicas, there have been 1 flaw that stands out to show they are replicas. In the case of the Concords, Cool Greys and Bred XIs, there's no flaws usually, however. So it has been a bit of a scramble trying to LC these pairs popping up recently. Hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom