Legit Check Bred IV's

Copped these off niketalk. Looked legit, but with all the Taobao issues going on you seriously have to watch out. If anyone could please add some insight that would be great. I am taking them by a niketown tomorrow to make sure they check out as well, but I know a lot of people here are way more savy to the game.

When I unboxed them, they had a weird paint smell which through me off. Smells kind of like spray paint. Also, the first row of red stars on the toe box was uneven.

The black plastic that runs along with the stitching (inner shoe) is also much higher on one shoe versus the other. This makes them look a bit uneven. Look at the left which is much lower than the right.

This looks a bit cut off which was also a little funky.

This was the proof of purchase I had asked for.

Thanks for all the help guys. I could probably just be a paranoid fool but I really am over the perfect replica shoes now a days.

Jordan brand quality keeps getting crappier and crappier so you cant expect everything to be perfect. It looks real to my eyes, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Did you try walking in them? If you feel that it is uneven, then thats a problem

Last edited:
Na have not walked in them yet. Wanted to make sure they were 100%. Was extremely sad to not discover the new shoe smell when I opened the box. Just smelled like chemicals.

They look legit as far as quality goes expect the worst with JB. I had numerous Jordan's that had problems as well. A few of them are my playoff 13's midsole were not glued properly on one side so they are slowly separating, and my white cement 3's leather was different on both shoes.

Check this out

It's sad that people cant even tell if its wether taobao pairs or real pairs no more

Last edited:
Na have not walked in them yet. Wanted to make sure they were 100%. Was extremely sad to not discover the new shoe smell when I opened the box. Just smelled like chemicals.
I think you may be paranoid. New shoe smell is like smelling chemicals anyway?

I've got these IV's and they definitely smell new and chemically. Copped from the local Footlocker so I know they are authentic.

Am I seriously the only person that recognizes a clean new shoe smell? Especially versus a glue/ chemical smell to shoes? I've posted in a couple other places that have mentioned these may be an early release.

Am I seriously the only person that recognizes a clean new shoe smell? Especially versus a glue/ chemical smell to shoes? I've posted in a couple other places that have mentioned these may be an early release.
The most recent retros smell like that man. At least my pairs do, and I buy them of eastbay or finishline. The Knicks and Chicago 1's both smelled like straight spray paint or something of that nature.

I think you're being a little bit too paranoid. The smell made you notice everything wrong with JB quality recently haha.

You didn't see pics before buying or what? Looks like a goo pair to me...

These shoes were sold by me and this pair came directly nikestore.com, who I believe may be the most legit site selling Jordan shoes????????? I mean they are the manufacturer and distributor. I have been on niketalk since 2004 and have never owned a fake pair of shoes. I'm surely not going to ruin my reputation on a measly $200 sale. I have bought and sold shoes worth 8x that amount and ask anyone around here who has dealt with me, I have always been legit and always will be. Look at all the replies of people telling you the shoes are real and JB quality is just crap. If you want quality materials and construction, but Balenciaga or something, certainly not 2012 Jordan retroes.

At the end if the day, these are 100% legit and came directly from Nike as my receipt shows.

These shoes were sold by me and this pair came directly nikestore.com, who I believe may be the most legit site selling Jordan shoes????????? I mean they are the manufacturer and distributor. I have been on niketalk since 2004 and have never owned a fake pair of shoes. I'm surely not going to ruin my reputation on a measly $200 sale. I have bought and sold shoes worth 8x that amount and ask anyone around here who has dealt with me, I have always been legit and always will be. Look at all the replies of people telling you the shoes are real and JB quality is just crap. If you want quality materials and construction, but Balenciaga or something, certainly not 2012 Jordan retroes.

At the end if the day, these are 100% legit and came directly from Nike as my receipt shows.
I would trust someone like this guy. Years on NT and refs have to mean something. If you don't like ur kicks just sell them and find a new pair.

You are the joker son. You are lost if you dont realize there is an insane fake shoe game right now. Practically indistinguishable. 1 key factor is the making of those shoes is not have the same quality standards as original manufacture approved pairs. One of the biggest trggers is the shoe smelling like spray paint. It is the result of a poor adhesive brand used to make the shoes. You will know what it is when you come across it because that is the only time you will smell such an overwhelming smell of spray paint. I have been collecting and keeping deadstock pairs for over 10 years. I was just picking missing pieces. That smell is something that I have only come across when I knew the shoe I had was a dead fake and so did the seller.

Last edited:
is it just me or the left shoe in the 2nd picture looks to be higher

then the right shoe...

Back
Top Bottom