Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Saw the Gammas and TWs today. Really like the Gammas but idk if I'll cop. I think gamma 11s, 12s, and maryland blue grabs with lebron Gammas is over doing it. Even though they all seem like a different shade I like those 3 better. What I really want are the T. rex. They are sick in person. Why gs though?

Last edited:
man i hope i get a chance.  i think its going to take me a couple days. luckly im on travel for work, got the xbox set up in hotel and will be playing all night after work.. :smile:  yes i am hypebeast and i understand how stupid this is..but its better then bots scoring all the shoes.

If Nike directly offered you an an ultra-limited run of XIs, only 2,014 made, would you honestly pass up the opportunity?

If I'm being honest I'm probably handing them my money.

Part of me thinks half of the salt is stemming from the fact that most of us, including myself, won't have the opportunity to qualify.

IMO think it's cool how nike and 2k are teaming up to tie the sig athlete to the cover athlete. If they happen to be ugly, oh well. I love the XI model. I wouldn't mind having a pair as a collectors item.

Just my 2 cents fellas.

I'm just salty that I'm not even in the US so no chance to begin with :lol:

But seriously, it does suck that you have to put down the money without even seeing them, regardless of exclusivity.

Last edited:
Y'all need to read the FAQ, your card won't be charged until it's shipped giving you time to cancel if you didn't like the color way (though I know 100% of you guys wouldn't if you guys did the feat)

Last edited:
Y'all need to read the FAQ, your card won't be charged until it's shipped giving you time to cancel if you didn't like the color way (though I know 100% of you guys wouldn't if you guys done the feat)
i bet Nike doesnt even know the coloway yet 
mean.gif
.. just had to do something to feed the hypebeast since yeezy going to adidas..

If Nike directly offered you an an ultra-limited run of XIs, only 2,014 made, would you honestly pass up the opportunity?

Part of me thinks half of the salt is stemming from the fact that most of us, including myself, won't have the opportunity to qualify.

IMO think it's cool how nike and 2k are teaming up to tie the sig athlete to the cover athlete. If they happen to be ugly, oh well. I love the XI model. I wouldn't mind having a pair as a collectors item.

Just my 2 cents fellas.

Yes I would pass on it

I have to see if I like the colorway first

Man everybody better have a pair of gammas by years end. Lets hope these discounts keep coming onto next year.

Just wait soon enough those order pictures will be popping up on ebay with the seller saying I Will ship when they are delivered to.me

I hope you guys who are looking at Forging Irons pull the trigger soon while prices are in the 320-350 range. Once they dry up on the bay, expect them to skyrocket, a la Big Bangs.

Just my 2 cents fellas.

Limited availability doesn't make a shoe look good.

I don't think anyone here is "salty" about not being able to get a shoe they've never laid eyes on.

Even if you didn't have to jump through all of the hoops with the video game and Nike was simply asking you to pre-order a limited shoe without seeing it, you'd be hearing all of the same complaints.

Most of us are just over all the of games that go along with buying shoes.

There was a time when a person's sneaker collection was a representation of their own personal taste.

Now it's just representation of the most limited and sought after ish, thanks to games like this.

I hope you guys who are looking at Forging Irons pull the trigger soon while prices are in the 320-350 range. Once they dry up on the bay, expect them to skyrocket, a la Big Bangs.

Personally, I don't think these have the same appeal as the Big Bangs. After putting both side-by-side, they only share the fact that they're both orange. I don't plan on selling the FIs, but I don't think they'll astronomically rise in value. Regardless of numbers, availability, etc., we're in a situation where releases are coming out every other week in limited quantities. More or less diluted. King's Pride is a legitimate GR & they're still my favorite pair. If the FIs were a GR, they'd be sitting like Gammas...

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think these have the same appeal as the Big Bangs. After putting both side-by-side, they only share the fact that they're both orange. I don't plan on selling the FIs, but I don't think they'll astronomically rise in value. Regardless of numbers, availability, etc., we're in a situation where releases are coming out every other week in limited quantities. More or less diluted. King's Pride is a legitimate GR & they're still my favorite pair. If the FIs were a GR, they'd be sitting like Gammas...
yea there basically giving the gammas out right now... the kp's and the aways are sold out in most places, and the aways didnt even have much hype.

honestly, we've seen far worse shoes sky rocket in value once they disappear.
Im sure the big bangs would have had less appeal to some if there were a ton around.

my biggest gripe with the FI is that there is no justification for the $250 price tag. I definitely feel dirty about my purchase.

Im sure the big bangs would have had less appeal to some if there were a ton around.

my biggest gripe with the FI is that there is no justification for the $250 price tag. I definitely feel dirty about my purchase.
i thought this was justified... we paid a extra 50 for a bad *** 3m lacelock lol

Personally, I don't think these have the same appeal as the Big Bangs. After putting both side-by-side, they only share the fact that they're both orange. I don't plan on selling the FIs, but I don't think they'll astronomically rise in value. Regardless of numbers, availability, etc., we're in a situation where releases are coming out every other week in limited quantities. More or less diluted. King's Pride is a legitimate GR

yea there basically giving the gammas out right now... the kp's and the aways are sold out in most places, and the aways didnt even have much hype.
If they drop a bit lower, I'll have no problem picking-up a pair. However, I think I can get them when they hit the outlets...

Agreed. We've had a spectrum of bland, flamboyant, etc. shoes that have released & been tagged with exclusivity to hold market value, but I think that bubble will eventually burst due to the volume at which everything is being dispersed...

If the Big Bangs didn't have all the little details & badging, I'd put them in the same category as the Forging Irons. However, I was underwhelmed when I opened the FIs. I guess I was expecting the intricately-themed packaging to compensate for the shoes, but I agree on the price-hike as well. It definitely wasn't warranted, but they knew they'd sell...

they were $140 last week on citygear i think... i guarantee if there is still stock towards new years the gammas will be down to $120 in certain places... 

they were $140 last week on citygear i think... i guarantee if there is still stock towards new years the gammas will be down to $120 in certain places... 

im not too sure about that. the 140 already represents a 25% drop off and that's with the holiday rush. I think we will be hard pressed to see 120 no tax free shipping.

im not too sure about that. the 140 already represents a 25% drop off and that's with the holiday rush. I think we will be hard pressed to see 120 no tax free shipping.
yea but im looking at the fact we have 3-4 more releases in December which will push these further back in the stockroom than they are already.. it will get to a point where with a good coupon or "sale" they'll go for the low.. i might be a tad ambitious with the deadline, but in the near future they will drop in price.

yea but im looking at the fact we have 3-4 more releases in December which will push these further back in the stockroom than they are already.. it will get to a point where with a good coupon or "sale" they'll go for the low.. i might be a tad ambitious with the deadline, but in the near future they will drop in price.

if you say so. this is the biggest season of shopping of the year. items are moving better than you think.

man, i gotta stay out of this thread, just got gammas for 139 shipped..lol  i wasnt even planning on getting those, but couldnt pass up that price.

Back
Top Bottom