Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on those Kings Pride this morning. Been waiting for my sz 12 to get down to $180 and just hesitated for too long :smh::smh:

So I went to my local store to check out the Aways, and ultimately purchase them, but something just didn't sit right with me as I held the shoe in my hand. I understand Nike is pushing for lighter shoes, and even more environmentally friendly shoes, but I just can't get down with these materials. The sheen of the fuse is ugly, the feel is not pleasant to the touch. And honestly, they just look cheap as hell. And let's not forget all these stories about dents in the posite and uneven cuts, plus whatever defects. The KD6 don't eem look this bad, but perhaps because they kept things rather simple, it didn't run into these issues. Looks like I'm out from getting any XIs.

Damn, looks like I won't be getting any new numbered Lebrons. Concerning design, the XI is maybe top 3. I don't see how they can come up with something that'll override my dislike of these new materials.

This is exactly what turned me away from the aways (besides that I'm only getting 2 pair of 11s tops, want gammas and that's a maybe too depending on in-person appeal) is there just way too shiny specifically that black strip that runs around the shoe above the foam.. The wet look is just not attractive on this model at all IMO.. Every 11 should be matte

Game time, let's see what is on Lebron's feet 
nerd.gif

Are you talking just walking around or playing in them?  Did you lace them up to the top eyelet?

Yeah.. I ran through it and walked. I tested both but realized I need to mold them on my feet and itll get better after every wear

So I went to my local store to check out the Aways, and ultimately purchase them, but something just didn't sit right with me as I held the shoe in my hand. I understand Nike is pushing for lighter shoes, and even more environmentally friendly shoes, but I just can't get down with these materials. The sheen of the fuse is ugly, the feel is not pleasant to the touch. And honestly, they just look cheap as hell. And let's not forget all these stories about dents in the posite and uneven cuts, plus whatever defects. The KD6 don't eem look this bad, but perhaps because they kept things rather simple, it didn't run into these issues. Looks like I'm out from getting any XIs.

Damn, looks like I won't be getting any new numbered Lebrons. Concerning design, the XI is maybe top 3. I don't see how they can come up with something that'll override my dislike of these new materials.

Felt the same way as you when I held the 'KP XI' in my hands - shoe just felt cheap and not worth the $250 CDN + 14% tax that they are ripping Canadians off for. The 'Better World' concept is a joke - they are running synthetics and plastics that are made with petroleum and other chemicals vs. running real (sourced from animals) leather not the terrible pleather that's plaguing Nike/JB retro. I guess the profit margins on the plastic junk are really high that's why they've gone this route.

If we weren't in this damn 'sneaker head era' or 'sneaker game' these joints would not be priced nor would they even sell at $200 USD or $250 CDN.

Yeah.. I ran through it and walked. I tested both but realized I need to mold them on my feet and itll get better after every wear
That will help, but the main thing is to lace them well to begin with.  Especially at the midfoot and the top eyelets.

the dri-fit socks shouldn't make a difference at the heel.  I've heard of people getting slippage around the edges of the feet but not at the heel.

I have a feeling FI are going to be super limited online. Not anywhere near the numbers of the first 2 releases.

Looks like my order on the black/red XI has finally been released to ship according to Champs site. I'll only focus on the home XI whatever it may be once I get my Away XI.

Can't even remember copping any heat or limited release from FTL so I already know the deal

And they drop at 8 am my morning commute awesome

250 saved towards my Xbox then

Back
Top Bottom