Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I really think this is generational. You were like 10 or 11 yrs old when Jordan retired the 2nd time from the Bulls. That was the XIV, and really the last "good" Jordan of his era IMO. Back then, 10yr olds weren't beasts like they are now. I was 18 when Jordan retired in 1998, and already a pretty heavy collector.

In the end, people like shoes for different reasons.

Shrug

Yes sir the Air Jordan 15 is awful

Crazy how an image like that can bring back such vivid memories. First thing I thought of was the music followed by watching the Bulls warm-up. Nostalgia at it's finest.

In the Jordan era there was no other choice but to wait until he wore them to even see them, speaking for myself atleast. I was between 6yrs-10yrs old during those times, I was lucky to even see the shoes in person. Lol! It's not the same in today's culture with all the social media leaks and what have you. Stop comparing the two players and the two sneaker eras, they don't have much in common.
OMG bro PREACH!  Those were the days.  In those days, the very first time you saw a new design is when NBA players wore them on court.  We'd all watch NBA games just to see the new kicks that would be coming out.  Watching NBA games back then was our "internet" and "previews" of new kicks coming out.  Also back then, there weren't really any release dates.  You just walked into a shoe store on a random day and the sneaker would be there.  I miss those days.  

not entirely true. Slam mag debuted a lot of shoes well before they were worn on court. Most sig shoes in the 90s had release dates as well.

Simpler times though. No need to hack the nike.com mainframes to get a shot at a GR back then.

Is having them probably 3 weeks in advance worth 80$ to you if so cop em thats actually a good price to get a shoe early, thats if they are legit

Are you asking for resale purposes or because you like the shoe? If you like them then only you can determine worth, I paid slightly above what I would have paid for retail+taxes for my Warriors. It was "worth" it to me because I like the shoes and coin flipped between those and the KP.

NBA Inside Stuff actually makes its return this Sunday. November 2 at noon EST on nbatv. Same logo and everything, at least on the commercial I saw (that's what caught my eye), except grant hill is co-hosting with someone. Weekly show and it will still have the Rewind and Jam Session segments like it used to.

Wonder how that dude gets full runs of limited kicks and kicks early - guess you can make money if you can

It wasn't the XIs themselves that were bothering him... It was the fact that they were a GR colorway. That sh*t grosses him out lol. He only feels at home in PE's.
Cuz he doesn't have any PEs of the XIs.

I'm sure the change to another model didn't have to do with comfort. 

I bet LeBron tried on the XI's before they were mass produced and OK'd it.

I mean, what's the use of a signature shoe if the player won't even wear it?

Exactly... It could have been a defective pair...shoe coulda ripped...whatever it is Nike is not going to let him wear the X's long term...even if they have to paint a X like the 11. Too much money invested in lebron and the shoe for him to rock the X's and not his current sig

Back
Top Bottom