Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, you probably could've just bought a pair of WTL from the resell market for what you dropped on the Kobes and Iphone

Last edited:
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I was able to get my pair just under $200 back in 2011. Crazy how hype has changed since then. I see a lot people on Facebook in the LeBron marketplace acting like the CTK VII's were PE's when they were sold at HOH's.

Yea that was when HOH's were popping up and they were dropping a lot of exclusive shoes. I remember I passed on CTK's for retail after they were sold out. It's crazy how prices have gone up and people think it's a PE.

Thanks brotha! Glad we both did! After being one of the GK preorder suckers I vowed not to preorder or pay for an ATC again. Sweating it out and being able to manually cop on RD makes having these that much sweeter. One of those things where it truly felt meant to be since I always strike out on launch sell-out type sneakers.

Yeah buddy, Gator King's were my last pre-order...ever. Lesson learned! It does feel good to come up with that manual scoop on release day. I gave myself zero chance to get WTL's, the sneaker gods were kind to us that day! Didn't realize you grabbed Forging Irons...those are nice. I thought the Hero Elites would have been eBay bound by now...you are toughing it out for the sake of a great colorway huh!

Yea got the FI due to some weird tlo glitch. Oh one pair did hit the bay! Didn't have the heart to get rid of em both. I love that red too much lol.

It sounds less like he doesn't want them any more and more like he doesn't want them if it isn't at retail in combination with the hurt of 7 failures still lingering over that pair for him :lol:

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, self-control is to be applauded.

Last edited:
I think you can still want a shoe and still refuse to pay resale. It's like "ok I still want these and if I find them for retail it's on"

that's NOT the same as "oh I missed out. I don't want them anymore."

you know? that's the point J is trying to make (and I agree). I tried for Big Bangs on RD and when I missed 'em, I just missed 'em. Stopped caring about them altogether (until recently :lol: )

ya'll know me tho. If I want something? Oh. OH. I'M GON' EAT. By any means necessary :lol: :tongue: Maybe 2015 will be the year I practice more self-control. Maybe.

Last edited:
for me, some kicks i want for a certain price, once they go over it I'm done ill live without them.. Doesn't mean i don't like the shoe

He just didnt want them at any cost, being a resellers cost. Nothing wrong with changing your mind

Then you really didn't want the shoe.
It's not like they are going for crazy prices. Proof is in here that shows members getting their pairs for like $20 above retail after tax.

Sometimes you just have to put in some work for a shoe you want.

If you click on the link and the shoe is sold out so you don't want them then you really didn't want them.

Can't cosign at all.

If you don't want the shoe because you missed out, then you really didn't want them anyways.

LOL, damn. That's that go hard or go home mentality. I can respect that as well. To each his own. 

Not go hard at all. If you genuinely like a shoe then you are willing to put in some work to get them for the best price.

Then you really didn't want the shoe.
It's not like they are going for crazy prices. Proof is in here that shows members getting their pairs for like $20 above retail after tax.

Sometimes you just have to put in some work for a shoe you want.

If you click on the link and the shoe is sold out so you don't want them then you really didn't want them.
agree with you on this. My example is the Black Gold 1s that released this past year, probably a top 3 shoe for me all time. Would honestly pay 600 for it too, but 1000+ nah, i don't need it for that, but that doesn't at all mean i don't like/want them

i would love to grab a pair of multicolor lows, but those arent being sold for less then 400 bucks... there is no shoe I want bad enough to drop 400 bucks on..

Last edited:
i would love to grab a pair of multicolor lows, but those arent being sold for less then 400 bucks... there is no shoe I want bad enough to drop 400 bucks on..

Not gonna lie. There is a laundry list of shoes I'd gladly drop $400 on

No 1 = titanium jordan xx3

Back
Top Bottom