Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Not sure the material was ever any "better" in any of the elites. Just marketing making people think the subtle changes were worth the price increase. Price increase is almost the cost of a pair of Air Force ones when you put it into perspective
laugh.gif
It's not any better, it's actually less.  It's a thinned out shoe.  The foamposite isn't even worth being called foamposite, because it's so thin it won't grasp and mold.  It's pretty much all hyperfuse and some TPU, the lack of carbon fiber is surprising.

I wouldn't buy them for anything other than balling in.  I'm not paying an extra $75 for a thinned out version of the XI just to wear around.

I'll edit this to say, as much as I want a pair of Heros, I'm not paying that much for them.  I have no self control when it comes to shoes, but I can't pay that much.

Last edited:
Not sure the material was ever any "better" in any of the elites. Just marketing making people think the subtle changes were worth the price increase. Price increase is almost the cost of a pair of Air Force ones when you put it into perspective :lol:

Well, since they started the elite series IMO they have made them with better material and improve the performance of the shoe. I.e. 9 elite had cf and better leather and better rubber compound. The 10 elite had cf and the zoom air psi was changed for performance. The 11 elite just doesn't feel like they had done anything.

But with the money we paid those should've been the shoes we received in the first place.

Not sure the material was ever any "better" in any of the elites. Just marketing making people think the subtle changes were worth the price increase. Price increase is almost the cost of a pair of Air Force ones when you put it into perspective :lol:
It's not any better, it's actually less.  It's a thinned out shoe.  The foamposite isn't even worth being called foamposite, because it's so thin it won't grasp and mold.  It's pretty much all hyperfuse and some TPU, the lack of carbon fiber is surprising.
I wouldn't buy them for anything other than balling in.  I'm not paying an extra $75 for a thinned out version of the XI just to wear around.
I'll edit this to say, as much as I want a pair of Heros, I'm not paying that much for them.  I have no self control when it comes to shoes, but I can't pay that much.
its actually not officially foamposite. I think its called hyperposite which is related to foamposite but not the same.

Well, since they started the elite series IMO they have made them with better material and improve the performance of the shoe. I.e. 9 elite had cf and better leather and better rubber compound. The 10 elite had cf and the zoom air psi was changed for performance. The 11 elite just doesn't feel like they had done anything.
But with the money we paid those should've been the shoes we received in the first place.

subtle changes were in each model to try and justify the price increases. you just explained said subtle changes.

also, the 9 had better leather? leather was minimal on that shoe.

boy you betta go sit down somewhere
laugh.gif
and I love how you picked out the ONE that was lesser quality of the three. Tell me to go outside one more time tho....
I'm jk.. I just like outdoor pics to get the actual color of a shoe.. and not cell phone quality pix. Kicks look nice but I am sure that the crimson is 1000% better looking outside 

I will admit though, that lockdown in the Elites is amazing.  The feeling in the heel is awesome, and I hadn't noticed any heelslide in them.  I played a couple games at the gym in my boy's elites.

Not one pair of shoes any of us owns its justified by price. I know the cost of elites are out there, but to suggest that it would be worth its retail price of it had more carbon fiber or more hyper/foamposite is silly.

There will be a site or 2 that has the heros at 220 within a few weeks after release date.

And, as far as I know, there wasn't a single speck of leather on the 9 or 9 elite

Last edited:
I will admit though, that lockdown in the Elites is amazing.  The feeling in the heel is awesome, and I hadn't noticed any heelslide in them.  I played a couple games at the gym in my boy's elites.

You may be the first that has reported balling in them.
Are you confirming they perform better than the normal XI? If so, they fit the bill for an upgraded version of the model.

It was in the authentic jersey thread as well

thanks. I think I purged all of his posts. Please let me know or report any findings if you see them around.

Looks like its a banned user that's trying to force his screen name to be reinstated.

Are you confirming they perform better than the normal XI? If so, they fit the bill for an upgraded version of the model.
Yes.  I will say they do perform better than the normal XI.

I noticed that my heel would slip in my XIs sometime, I haven't had any heel slippage in the Elite.  They do fit the bill for the upgraded version, but if you're not playing ball in them, I can't quantify the extra $75.

once again was the wtl release day june 7th in the uk? I don't see it on nike uk release calendar anymore

Yes.  I will say they do perform better than the normal XI.

I noticed that my heel would slip in my XIs sometime, I haven't had any heel slippage in the Elite.  They do fit the bill for the upgraded version, but if you're not playing ball in them, I can't quantify the extra $75.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 more...laser crimson is a great color. In addition, I love the fact that the tpu plate always remains a red/gold hue and doesn't necessarily reflect whatever color that shines into it.
can aynone who has these compare the color to the crimson X elite? the X is kinda orange to me, wondering if these are red or that orange color

I balled in the Team Elites a few weeks ago, thought the same thing about the heel, those rubber dots that cover the inside of the heel are very effective, surprisingly.  I didn't care for the weight distribution and the transition of the Elites, felt so stiff to me, more so than the XI's right out of the box, but that could just be me, and it could be because I played all winter in regular XI's.  But I do agree with you on the lockdown, was improved a bit. 

Back
Top Bottom