Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
kings pride are the "parachute gold" or different? so many damb names to keep track of. So the Chinas are Terracottas and the armory blues are nothing?? Sorry if I am late to the game. Of all of what I have seen, I honestly just like the black/red/orange- HEAT CW the best I think. can't wait to see a volt colorway along with orange/grey.

Yall arguing over the name of a shoe.....
I'm not arguing. He got his thongs in a bunch over some nicknames a few weeks ago and decided it was relevant to bring it back up, attempting to insult me in the process. I'm not going to argue about the name of a shoe, but I'm also not going to stand for that either.

All I will say is weeks ago when I went off about these stupid shoe names...everyone preached and preached about how "King of the Jungle" was the name.  AND YOU WERE ALL WRONG!  Bowing down to someone because they said they knew. 

Would be best if it all just stopped. 

I am laughing.  KOTJ  can't wait for them KOTJ.  Miami vs. Akron blah blah blah. 

Nike does a great job telling stories with its colorways. What might we see with the LeBron 11?

We’ve got a couple special colorways coming out. We’ve got an Akron vs. Miami, Terracotta Warrior, and a lot more – I’ll be here all day if I tell you all the names. I think the Akron vs. Miami one is very close to me, Akron being my hometown and Miami being the place where I play. Those are two of the names for sure off the top of my head.

Source: HB

View media item 557096

Last edited:
View media item 557100View media item 557101View media item 557102View media item 557103View media item 557104View media item 557099
Nike LEBRON 11 TERRACOTTA WARRIOR colorway (photos)

James was impressed by the Terracotta Warrior Exhibition, which he visited when he was in Xi’An, China, in 2011. The exhibit, plus James’s playing style - which reflects a warrior's spirit of grit, confidence, hard work and determination - inspired the Terracotta Warrior colorway.

The design of the shoe is inspired by the Terracotta Warriors as we see them today -- in neutral stone colors along with pop colors of purple/teal/red to represent how they were originally painted. The graphic texture on the upper articulates the linked, plated armor that the warriors wore. The special lining shank design graphic is drawn from the style of Bronze Age art, the era in which the Terracotta Warriors were made.

:x I haven't been this impressed with a line of shoes since the 7's. I'm sick to the stomach knowing Ill probably strike out on most of them.

At least the Terracotta Warrior's look better than those booty Jade X's.

1zecd3t.jpg

This is exactly why it's so stupid that Nike is forcing all the convoluted nicknames on every single colorway.

Do you realize how dumb it is to be nitpicking that some random cw is officially called the King's Pride Lebron XI (which just sounds dumb as **** and is so unnecessary) vs. King of the Jungle Lebron XI (kinda cool, but still unnecessary)?

Nike it's OK if you let us call some colorways "those greenish ones" or "the grey/blue ones."

Last edited:
This is exactly why it's so stupid that Nike is forcing all the convoluted nicknames on every single colorway.

Do you realize how dumb it is to be nitpicking that some random cw is officially called the King's Pride Lebron XI (which just sounds dumb as **** and is so unnecessary) vs. King of the Jungle Lebron XI (kinda cool, but still unnecessary)?

Nike it's OK if you let us call some colorways "those greenish ones" or "the grey/blue ones."
CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've mostly called shoes by their color and not by their nicknames. Unless its something simple like chinas or Christmas. I'll just call those china XI's. with that said it really isn't that big of a deal IMO. I cop because of the look I could care less what people call them.

PS "Breds" is hands down the worst nickname ever and I truely remember Nt starting that.

Ok so it's now official my two pair of XI's I will be picking up this year will be the King's Pride and the TERRACOTTA WARRIOR colorway although those gamma blue ones really have my eye but I only want to do two pair of Lebron XI's for 2013 because we already know there's going to be thousand pairs coming ot for 2014

Last edited:
CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marketing... By giving each colorway a nickname it gives the incentive that its a whole different shoe, thus making people want to buy more of that particular sneaker. And it also gives a proper name instead of "greenish ones"

PS "Breds" is hands down the worst nickname ever and I truely remember Nt starting that.

Followed by "Cherry". I cringe literally every single time I see either of these.

Love how dude is still asserting that JM got NONE of the colorway nicknames right even after I showed him that LeBron himself has confimed that Akron vs. Miami colorway.

King of the Jungle was probably an early name that they were playing around with that naturally evolved into King's Pride. If you think about it, Lions are the "King of the Jungle" and a pride is also a group of lions. Seems like they just took the initial idea and got even more clever with it, considering you can also interpret "King's Pride" a few ways that would all make sense for LeBron.

Yes, marketing, but only to an extent. When they're throwing out these complicated nicknames for every colorway and it becomes an effort to keep track and an exercise in memorization, it's really stupid.

"King of the Jungle" does make sense though. "King's Pride" though... just leave it un named.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom