Lebron viii vs Stat 2

I have the Stat 2 havent balled in them. Was wondering for those who have played in both which is the superior shoe. I want to buy the 8's but if it's not better than the Stat 2's I don't want to spend money if I don't need too. Could someone list the pros and cons of both shoes? Thanks.

I have the Stat 2 havent balled in them. Was wondering for those who have played in both which is the superior shoe. I want to buy the 8's but if it's not better than the Stat 2's I don't want to spend money if I don't need too. Could someone list the pros and cons of both shoes? Thanks.

without a doubt nike hit a gold mine with the 8s
very comfortable and light which most know to be uncommon in brons as far as weight
the psi's in the air max really improve the comfort opposed to 7s
only set back is that they run about a half size small
which means if you normally wear a 12 you may have to settle for a 13 if 12.5 isnt accessible as in most cases disregarding eastbay
good luck on your decision but its a must cop

without a doubt nike hit a gold mine with the 8s
very comfortable and light which most know to be uncommon in brons as far as weight
the psi's in the air max really improve the comfort opposed to 7s
which means if you normally wear a 12 you may have to settle for a 13 if 12.5 isnt accessible as in most cases disregarding eastbay

no doubt about the 8s being one of the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a while but for some odd reason it seems like it rubs just below the ankle to the point of blisters...seems like it could be the lining of the tongue, not sure tho

no doubt about the 8s being one of the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a while but for some odd reason it seems like it rubs just below the ankle to the point of blisters...seems like it could be the lining of the tongue, not sure tho

Originally Posted by upandcoming

IIRC, the V2 fits a bit bigger.

But since i don't own a pair of VIIIs that's just second hand info.

Originally Posted by upandcoming

IIRC, the V2 fits a bit bigger.

But since i don't own a pair of VIIIs that's just second hand info.

the lebron 8s are exactly the same cusioning-wise as the 7s. nike just used a better insole that will break down within a few wears with how cheaply they are made.

the stat 2s with the real air max 360 cushioning were on point. it felt like there was no impact when landing and the cage helped create rigid boundaries and lateral support to prevent ankle injuries. the new air max 360 (which doesn't technically meet nike's own definition of air max 360 because of its phylon midsole) air bags are soft around the edges and can feel tipsy at times.

i had the original air max 360 BB and the stat 2 and currently own the air max hyperize and lebron 7 and can definitively say that the old 360 basketball shoes are better than the newer ones. they also feature real uppers as opposed to the flimsy flywire uppers of today. i would give up half an ounce for actual support anyday.

the lebron 8s are exactly the same cusioning-wise as the 7s. nike just used a better insole that will break down within a few wears with how cheaply they are made.

the stat 2s with the real air max 360 cushioning were on point. it felt like there was no impact when landing and the cage helped create rigid boundaries and lateral support to prevent ankle injuries. the new air max 360 (which doesn't technically meet nike's own definition of air max 360 because of its phylon midsole) air bags are soft around the edges and can feel tipsy at times.

i had the original air max 360 BB and the stat 2 and currently own the air max hyperize and lebron 7 and can definitively say that the old 360 basketball shoes are better than the newer ones. they also feature real uppers as opposed to the flimsy flywire uppers of today. i would give up half an ounce for actual support anyday.

Originally Posted by mt3130

All of the above.

IIRC, the (original) 360 bubble had to be produced in the U.S. and shipped to China.

Three guesses where the new "360" bubble is made.

They changed the bubble for the same reason they changed the upper... profit.

And a on a 160.00 shoe as well. disgusting.

Originally Posted by mt3130

All of the above.

IIRC, the (original) 360 bubble had to be produced in the U.S. and shipped to China.

Three guesses where the new "360" bubble is made.

They changed the bubble for the same reason they changed the upper... profit.

And a on a 160.00 shoe as well. disgusting.

Played in my stat's for the first time today. First time playing full court ball in three years. While I was running /walking, I could feel the bag real good. I guess that helps that Im 280 plus. The point Is they felt real good, higher off of the floor than zoom of course, but the ride was nice. I really want the Bron v2's so I can have a offical reference point for both. One question. Is the new 360 bag really made for basketball, or just Nike's marketing scheme?

Played in my stat's for the first time today. First time playing full court ball in three years. While I was running /walking, I could feel the bag real good. I guess that helps that Im 280 plus. The point Is they felt real good, higher off of the floor than zoom of course, but the ride was nice. I really want the Bron v2's so I can have a offical reference point for both. One question. Is the new 360 bag really made for basketball, or just Nike's marketing scheme?

the "basketball-specific" 360 bag is actually smaller than the one used in the runners and uses a much larger foam phylon midsole. the runners use a larger air bag with just a small strip of cushlon to soften the ride.

the basketball ones are more like half phylon and half air max.

oh and i know that the description says the lebron 8s have a cushlon midsole but they dont. its a phylon midsole with the air unit underneath with a cushlon pad under the heel of the air max bag. if you press the foam where the 8 cutout is on the bottom of the shoe, its much softer than the rest of the foam midsole above the air bag. they should make the entire foam portion of the midsole out of cushlon foam, or just give us a real air max 360 shoe, which uses no foam in the midsole.

the "basketball-specific" 360 bag is actually smaller than the one used in the runners and uses a much larger foam phylon midsole. the runners use a larger air bag with just a small strip of cushlon to soften the ride.

the basketball ones are more like half phylon and half air max.

oh and i know that the description says the lebron 8s have a cushlon midsole but they dont. its a phylon midsole with the air unit underneath with a cushlon pad under the heel of the air max bag. if you press the foam where the 8 cutout is on the bottom of the shoe, its much softer than the rest of the foam midsole above the air bag. they should make the entire foam portion of the midsole out of cushlon foam, or just give us a real air max 360 shoe, which uses no foam in the midsole.

Back
Top Bottom