Lebron James Is Ruining The Game For The Average Fan

Lebron is also an overrated assist guy. Most of his assists are set up by the defense, not him.
I see what you are saying, but if his assists are set up by the defense, isn't it because the defenses are respecting him as an offensive weapon??

:lol: people actually believe in fg%. Higher fg% just mean you take very close range shot or lay up. Centers usually have high fg%. Nothing is fun about their offense game. Nobody get excited watching simple layup and close range shot.

laugh.gif
people actually believe in fg%. Higher fg% just mean you take very close range shot or lay up. Centers usually have high fg%. Nothing is fun about their offense game. Nobody get excited watching simple layup and close range shot.
Omg is this serious? Jesus. Not only is it a crazy opinion to have, LeBron is now an elite jump shooter.
According to Synergy, 28 players have taken at least 400 jump shots this season. So in this sample, we're looking at the most prolific jump shooters on planet Earth -- Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson, Kobe Bryant and James Harden, etc.

Guess who ranks No. 1 in field goal percentage?

That's right, it's James. He's made 44.7 percent of all his jumpers, which equates to an effective field goal percentage of 52.8 percent. Going by effective field goal percentage, James trails only Ryan Anderson and J.J. Redick in this group.

But when it comes to straight conversion rate, no one's better. And get this: In 2004-05 -- the first recorded season in the Synergy database -- James ranked second-to-last in jump-shot field goal percentage among 57 players with at least 400 jumpers. He made only 34.8 percent of his tries back then; now it's up to a league-best 44.7 percent.
Stop it please. Be quiet

View media item 418215
Lebron is also an overrated assist guy. Most of his assists are set up by the defense, not him.

Overrated is correct.

If you compare magic highlight of his passes to lebron. It's a lot a lot better than lebron.

Lebron get assists by passing to a wide open three point shooter majority of the time. Lol what's so amazing about that? A lot of casual fan get wowed too easily.

Watch magic laser passes and in transition passes to non shooters. Now that's what you call great assists.

laugh.gif
people actually believe in fg%. Higher fg% just mean you take very close range shot or lay up. Centers usually have high fg%. Nothing is fun about their offense game. Nobody get excited watching simple layup and close range shot.
Omg is this serious? Jesus. Not only is it a crazy opinion to have, LeBron is now an elite jump shooter.
According to Synergy, 28 players have taken at least 400 jump shots this season. So in this sample, we're looking at the most prolific jump shooters on planet Earth -- Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson, Kobe Bryant and James Harden, etc.

That's right, it's James. He's made 44.7 percent of all his jumpers, which equates to an effective field goal percentage of 52.8 percent. Going by effective field goal percentage, James trails only Ryan Anderson and J.J. Redick in this group.

But when it comes to straight conversion rate, no one's better. And get this: In 2004-05 -- the first recorded season in the Synergy database -- James ranked second-to-last in jump-shot field goal percentage among 57 players with at least 400 jumpers. He made only 34.8 percent of his tries back then; now it's up to a league-best 44.7 percent.
Stop it please. Be quiet
Your reaching my guy.

I like watching basketball, I'm not like you. I look at total stats after the game once I don't study them. I like energy and flash, lebron is a basic boring player to me. Yeah he's great and can fill the stat sheet but his court presence is lacking for the type of player he is. I don't think the average casual fan enjoys lebrons game. Hardcore fans that follow stats probably loves lebron. I love him for that too but his game is bland as ****. 

So ya, basically I'm a way better fan of basketball then you are and you suck at watching this game. 

Maybe you are a hardcore fan that follows stats, but you are not like me, a real fan.

Sucks that you are just an average casual fan.
LOL

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: people actually believe in fg%. Higher fg% just mean you take very close range shot or lay up. Centers usually have high fg%. Nothing is fun about their offense game. Nobody get excited watching simple layup and close range shot.

Stop it please. Be quiet

I'd be willing to bet Lebron has a higher shooting percentage than one of your favorite players....Stephen Curry?

You really think Lebron is a better shooter than Curry?

Stop it please. Be quiet

You're really naive and simple minded if you think lebron is a skilled shooter in the perimeter.

Watch lebron play. Stat is misleading.

Stop it please. Be quiet

You're really naive and simple minded if you think lebron is a skilled shooter in the perimeter.

Stop it please. Be quiet

I'd be willing to bet Lebron has a higher shooting percentage than one of your favorite players....Stephen Curry?

Of course not, Stephs the best shooter in the game, but does that mean that LeBron isnt elite? No it does not.

Stop it please. Be quiet

Yes the stat that composed jumpshots over 82 games is misleading; you know 82 games? The entire season? So that means that day in and day out he shot jumpshots as good or better than the best shooters in the game? Yeah thats misleading all right
alien.gif

You have the nerve to call me naive and simple minded when youre basing your argument purely off conjecture and then when an opposing argument along with facts are presented you cop out. 

Last edited:

Of course not, Stephs the best shooter in the game, but does that mean that LeBron isnt elite? No it does not.

Stop it please. Be quiet

Yes the stat that composed jumpshots over 82 games is misleading; you know 82 games? The entire season? So that means that day in and day out he shot jumpshots as good or better than the best shooters in the game? Yeah thats misleading all right
alien.gif

You have the nerve to call me naive and simple minded when youre basing your argument purely off conjecture and then when an opposing argument along with facts are presented you cop out. 

Dude you just contradicted yourself in your posts to both of us

You just admitted that stats are misleading when you said Curry is better shooter than Lebron even though the stats tell us otherwise.

Then you basically tell AlphaWolf stats are concrete.

Come on Antidope, you're better than that! :lol:

Overrated is correct.

If you compare magic highlight of his passes to lebron. It's a lot a lot better than lebron.

Lebron get assists by passing to a wide open three point shooter majority of the time. Lol what's so amazing about that? A lot of casual fan get wowed too easily.

Watch magic laser passes and in transition passes to non shooters. Now that's what you call great assists.
I swear some of y'all never played organized ball before. An assist is an assist, regardless of it being an alleyoop, no look or a two handed chest pass. Timing is just as important as delivery. Stockson's last of a Youtube "Highlight Reel" doesn't take away from the fact that he was a great passer.

You just admitted that stats are misleading when you said Curry is better shooter than Lebron even though the stats tell us otherwise.

Come on Antidope, you're better than that!
laugh.gif
Thats not what I did though, my argument from the get go was that LeBron is an elite jumpshooter, not the best. I cant control what the article that holds the stats say. We all are informed people here, we know stats dont tell 100% of the story, there are many outside factors that go into it, shot selection, his obvious size and quickness advantage, etc, but the point is that hes now an elite jump shooter and the stats support that. I even said in my first post that I regard him as an elite jumpshooter, we all know he isnt the best, but is he damn good? Yes.

if you think lebron is a stat padder you must be 15 years old. i watched jordan kobe tmac iverson and shaq...those dudes used to put up crazy outrageous numbers. it seemed like every other day somebody would drop a 50 piece. i even remember antwan jamison droppin 50 back to back nights. s*** even gilbert arenas was giving dudes 50. that season that kobe dropped 81 he was droppin 40+ every other game. lakers didnt even make the playoffs. bron can score 50 and dunk 15 times a night but thats not what wins games. and thats what everybody is praising, winners. he would have won a ring in cleveland eventually. he left cause a teamate smashed his moms. and he went to miami cause miami is f****** paradise if youre rich.

Come on Antidope, you're better than that! :lol:
Thats not what I did though, my argument from the get go was that LeBron is an elite jumpshooter, not the best. I cant control what the article that holds the stats say. We all are informed people here, we know stats dont tell 100% of the story, there are many outside factors that go into it, shot selection, his obvious size and quickness advantage, etc, but the point is that hes now an elite jump shooter and the stats support that. I even said in my first post that I regard him as an elite jumpshooter, we all know he isnt the best, but is he damn good? Yes.

See that's where I disagree.

He has an elite shooting percentage but he's not an elite shooter

unlike guys like melo and kobe, lebron takes better shots therefore having a better percentage. the aforementioned two take and force bad shots too often.

alien.gif

You just proved my point. You're naive. The stat is misleading because it doesn't show how lebron take the shots. How they were defended? or wether if its open or contested, etc

That's why I told you to watch the game. Lebron is a mediocre off the dribble shooter. He rarely if ever take long 2s. And he rarely can produce off contested jumpers. On top of that he could have shot just 4 jumpers per game for example. If he make 2 that's 50%. Compare that to real shooters like curry for example. Curry doesn't take just 4 jumpers a game. He actually score off dribble, behind screen, long 2, contested jumper etc.

So again. The stat is misleading. You really got to watch lebron. Don't base it off stat.

Heck. Melo, Durant, kobe are actually way better shooter than lebron.

^I really am trying to think of times Lebron took uncontested fadeaway 3s, but I'm drawing a blank. If he has, I'm sure somebody will post a cache of them saved for a rainy day. They should also post this.
th

Last edited:
Lebron scores half his points per game off freethrow. Plus a few dunks, easy layup in transition here and there. Watch lebron in action. He's not an elite jump shooter.

:lol: Buddy I should choose my words more wisely?

I lightheartedly ribbed you(thats the :lol: meant) and said you were Bill O'Reillyish Lebron/Heat fan.

We both know thats something you've been accused of before by multiple people....is that correct?

So instead of just shrugging it off because you know its not true. You get defensive and go on a rant then proceed to tell me to 'hop off" as in hop off my d*** or nuts.

Whats more disrespectful?

If in person, you called somebody a Stan or told them to "hop off".....what would get you punched in the face first?

I don't know how you grew up but telling somebody to "hop off" face to face is the equivalent of saying "lets fight"

Thats why I said stop trying to be an internet tough guy

Only you and Clyde the glide have said that about me, and y'all both LeBron haters so it makes sense.

Didn't know telling you to hop off was disrespectful and it was insinuating a fight. My apologies. Regardless if this was real life, you wouldn't have a chance, Haha.

Continue on.

If anyone here watch lebron closely. He only take one or two 3 from top of the key. And most of them are wide open because defender give him a lot of room.

Rarely did he take transition 3s, long 2 or contested 2s.

A Picture speak a thousand words.

Lebron is not an elite jump shooter.

Back
Top Bottom