LC/PC 1995 OG Bred XI

Wassup NT, thinking about picking up this DS pair of 1995 OG Bred xi's. Looking for a PC on these. And anyone familiar what the brownish/orange residue is on the midsole? Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks! Any idea how much they should be priced at? Also, is there anyone that knows about the brownish/orange residue on the white midsoles? Anyone familiar if it can be cleaned and is removable?

Thanks! Any idea how much they should be priced at? Also, is there anyone that knows about the brownish/orange residue on the white midsoles? Anyone familiar if it can be cleaned and is removable?

$400-$450 is what I would go for them. As for the residue I have it on my Concords, I've tried to clean it off but it was difficult. I haven't gotten it off.

Legit.

If you're talking about the brown stuff on the heel, its probably glue that turned brown over time. You might be able to pull it up with tweezers, or scrape it off gently. If its not glue, try a magic eraser.

Give it a shot, who knows what it could be. It may not even be able to be cleaned at all.

Very nice pair OP. I see OG DS XI's going from $500 to as high as $800. Depends on your situation, on whether you dont mind sitting on them for awhile if priced high.

Appreciate all the replies! You guys think I should just pick em up? I was really only worried about that residue if it is removable or not. Other than that, I would of had em already

clean pair... thick cut patent and white lining on em. Every other XI spec checks out. Really good lookin pair. Honestly a DS OG Bred XI can go pretty high, 500 would be a good price, could go as high as 700

Again, thanks for everyone's help. Just gonna pull the trigger and hope to be able to clean that residue off. I'm picking up for $420 shipped btw which I think is fair. Paying a little more but will save me from having to worry this december

Again, thanks for everyone's help. Just gonna pull the trigger and hope to be able to clean that residue off. I'm picking up for $420 shipped btw which I think is fair. Paying a little more but will save me from having to worry this december

Be careful I had 95 Concords wouldn't suggest you wear em. They'll be stiff as cardboard.

I just bought them. Figured if something we're to happen, the worst would be sole separation and I can just get the re-glued. Hopefully that doesn't even happen. First thing I will do is try to clean off that residue.

i had a pair op, the patent leather was always kinda sticky on the ogs and it attracted some dirt when i walked. [for me anyways lol]

and as airthompson said, they are kinda stiff.

Thanks for the feekback. When I get em in, gonna walk around the house to get a feel for em!

Def would'nt suggest wearing shoes what have been deadstock for 10+ years. But let us know how its goes.

Def would'nt suggest wearing shoes what have been deadstock for 10+ years. But let us know how its goes.

I hear you man. I'm actually kinda hesitant putting em on and taking those first few steps in em. We'll see what happens. I mean I do have a 2 pairs of 2001's one I wear and one DS so maaaybe I'll just keep these on ice.

I think its worth the risk to wear them, XIs are very durable especially the OGs, been wearing my pair and the quality/comfort of the shoe is really way better than the new retros.

I think its worth the risk to wear them, XIs are very durable especially the OGs, been wearing my pair and the quality/comfort of the shoe is really way better than the new retros.

I heard that too. I get em in a few days so I'll update everyone with what happens

^^^ Please do. I'm actually really interested in finding out. Sorry to jump out of nowhere I just don't have a pair of OG XI's.

OG XI's are fine to wear! they won't crack! the only thing you will have to worry about is separation. if that happens they can be fixed easily!

Last edited:
I heard from a friend of mine who had a similar pair and unDS them after 10 years where,the carbon fiber disintegrated and turned into powder after few minutes of wearing them.But not sure if it was accurate.

Last edited:
^^^now that could be an extreme case! that would also make me wonder how the shoes were actually stored. cause if something like that was to happen that person either had to have them wrapped in plastic, filled wit silica packs or in some type of high humidity. i have 2 pair...1 i have had for about 8 yrs and the other for about 3 yrs...both were DS when i got them. havent had a problem out of neither!

^^^now that could be an extreme case! that would also make me wonder how the shoes were actually stored. cause if something like that was to happen that person either had to have them wrapped in plastic, filled wit silica packs or in some type of high humidity. i have 2 pair...1 i have had for about 8 yrs and the other for about 3 yrs...both were DS when i got them. havent had a problem out of neither!

Indeed true.He stored them in a ziplock bag and he lives in Cali.

I guess the high humidity made the carbon fiber brittle after a long time of being stored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom