laney XIV? lol...wut?

^

yuku FTL
smh.gif

I actually went to Laney and these shoes were supplied to our basketball team by nike/jordan for that years season. So I would say its fairly possible that hisold school would be the inspiration. When someone sees a light blue colorway its always a "carolina" colorway, so if its royal blue and yellow, whywouldnt it be a laney colorway?

Originally Posted by Untitled

all i hear is alot of "could be's" and "it could happen".....sounds like nuffin here
grin.gif
so what would be considered good enough evidence for you?
do we need a video clip of MJ himself saying that these low 14s were Laney HS inspired?

even people that went to Laney and telling you they actually were used by the school that year. What more do you want? If UNC wears a white/university bluejordan and I call them "Carolinas" am I wrong? None of these nicknames are official, you can't really deny one that is perfectly logical justbecause I don't have Jordan Brand documentation of inspiration.

These shoes are blue/yellow and worn by the Laney HS team (when they were new). Calling them Laney 14s seems perfectly reasonable to me.

^

i 2nd that motion and move to strike that you lost this bet with that "girl" *****gotsole
laugh.gif
roll.gif
(name being withheld due to privacy)
wink.gif

Originally Posted by veGAtts

all i hear is alot of "could be's" and "it could happen".....sounds like nuffin here
grin.gif
do we need a video clip of MJ himself saying that these low 14s were Laney HS inspired?

even people that went to Laney and telling you they actually were used by the school that year. What more do you want? If UNC wears a white/university blue jordan and I call them "Carolinas" am I wrong? None of these nicknames are official, you can't really deny one that is perfectly logical just because I don't have Jordan Brand documentation of inspiration.

These shoes are blue/yellow and worn by the Laney HS team (when they were new). Calling them Laney 14s seems perfectly reasonable to me.
thats pretty irelevant considering the fact that

A. most nicknames from jordans are just either plays on the name of the colorway or actually are what they say they are (space jam ACTUALLY say jam on thetongue, laney V's actually come wit the retro card paying homage to his HS)

B. by the logic your showing here you can argue that these low top XIV's were "indiana pacers" since reggie miller was seen sporting theXIV's numerous times in the 1999 season.

these XIV's were never made to pay homage to the laney HS ...if they were im pretty sure it would've been documented at any point during their 9 yearsof existance...
grin.gif

these nick names are outta control
laugh.gif
smh.gif

honestly....

yes these are more than likely inspired from Laney HS

i say this because you yourself can have the same argument with the jordan XV

where both the initial colorways celebrated the beginning and end of jordans career with north carolina and chicago...yet that itself was never documented

there doesn't have to be a piece of paper that says "these are for laney high school", for it to have any relevancy, the color is there, most ofthe shoes that jordan wore were had the color red in it, and nobody said anything about it being a bulls color, but i'm sure we all know that all the shoeswere red because he did play for the bulls

...it doesn't matter though, because from what i've seen, you're gonna stick to what you believe is right, until a "prestige" or"mod" comes through and says what they think of the matter

Originally Posted by daaznfella

honestly....

yes these are more than likely inspired from Laney HS

i say this because you yourself can have the same argument with the jordan XV

where both the initial colorways celebrated the beginning and end of jordans career with north carolina and chicago...yet that itself was never documented

there doesn't have to be a piece of paper that says "these are for laney high school", for it to have any relevancy, the color is there, most of the shoes that jordan wore were had the color red in it, and nobody said anything about it being a bulls color, but i'm sure we all know that all the shoes were red because he did play for the bulls

...it doesn't matter though, because from what i've seen, you're gonna stick to what you believe is right, until a "prestige" or "mod" comes through and says what they think of the matter

yep

you lost the bet

7771524ca991a9f342e655250e84566a0cf1c3b.gif

bring them back! had these in 4th grade. dogged them too, but thats what kicks are for.

7771524ca991a9f342e655250e84566a0cf1c3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I'm also against these being called Laney XIVs, because the nickname came out of nowhere and people have a tendency tonickname every single jordan nowadays

grin.gif

even people that went to Laney and telling you they actually were used by the school that year. What more do you want? If UNC wears a white/university blue jordan and I call them "Carolinas" am I wrong? None of these nicknames are official, you can't really deny one that is perfectly logical just because I don't have Jordan Brand documentation of inspiration.

A. most nicknames from jordans are just either plays on the name of the colorway or actually are what they say they are (space jam ACTUALLY say jam on the tongue, laney V's actually come wit the retro card paying homage to his HS)

B. by the logic your showing here you can argue that these low top XIV's were "indiana pacers" since reggie miller was seen sporting the XIV's numerous times in the 1999 season.

these XIV's were never made to pay homage to the laney HS ...if they were im pretty sure it would've been documented at any point during their 9 years of existance...
grin.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
A. but space jams dont say "space" anywhere, guess we better stop saying that.

B. i wouldnt argue if you described them as pacer colored, since THEY ARE. but you are using one single individual in your pacer example whereas for Laney HSit wasnt one player, it was the team's shoe. The whole school got them and presumably all wore them. if having a whole team wear a shoe of that teams coloris not enough to nickname a shoe as that team's shoe i have no idea what would be.

grin.gif

A. most nicknames from jordans are just either plays on the name of the colorway or actually are what they say they are (space jam ACTUALLY say jam on the tongue, laney V's actually come wit the retro card paying homage to his HS)

B. by the logic your showing here you can argue that these low top XIV's were "indiana pacers" since reggie miller was seen sporting the XIV's numerous times in the 1999 season.

these XIV's were never made to pay homage to the laney HS ...if they were im pretty sure it would've been documented at any point during their 9 years of existance...
grin.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
A. but space jams dont say "space" anywhere, guess we better stop saying that.

air-jordan-11-xi-retro-space-jams-black-varsity-royal-white-2.jpg

air-jordan-11-xi-retro-space-jams-black-varsity-royal-white-4.jpg

space jam XI's say "jam" on the tongue instead of "jordan"

7ycqek8.jpg

as far as a bet as to wheather or not these are laney 14s or not; NO they are not.
its not really documented in anyway with these jordans. but it wasnt with any jordan at that time.
Maybe behind the scenes MJ wanted to use this colorway and they did. it was a success so they made a "laney" v already knowing the colorway was wellliked.
Of course, thats all possible. The colors could have been taken from laney high school. Just like carolina jordans are made because he went to UNC. We dontcall them UNC 9, 11,14, etc. they were the UNC 15 SE braggin rights. all the rest are called carolina, columbia or whatever because thats theyre color.
so these are royal blue, yellow 14s.

Back
Top Bottom