LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

word is 4-8 weeks from Gumbygld at CL. No ligament damage or surgery needed. He's a fairly reliable source, more details will be released later to the press.
just read this on lakersground. i don't how true it is. but if this is true that means he is going to miss the roadgame trip at the end of the month.

Nice! I gotta believe that helps us in the long run. That is at least one competent decision maker in the front office. Hopefully he can get some thingsdone. I'm positive he is sick of losing more than anybody in the organization.

HD Team Highlights From Last Nights Win & Andrew Bynum F Bomb Shaq Like Interview
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

lamar, kwame and javaris for kidd and boone works.
If kidd is coming I want lamar to stay. I believe kidd will make lamar much better and probably make him an all star like nash has done formarion.

the only problem is trying to convince pj and cwebb that we are championship contenders...cuz that's the only way they will sign with a team this seasonimo.

However, if they are trading Kidd, I don't think Odom would be on their radar, they will definitely ask for Farmar, just like all reports are indicating,plus a combo of Kwame, Sasha and Radmanovic. 2 expiring contracts are good enough if the Nets are throwing in the towel on Kidd, to clear up some cap space. Odom wouldn't make sense for them.

I could just imagine Odom blossoming with Kidd the Lakers, I really could.

We gotta keep Farmar, that move could bite us in the butt at some point. Son is nice and we all know it he can't be in the deal.

Trevor Ariza Mix
this guy is pretty damn good he just needs to get more playing time...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I guess everyone has forgotten that we took PHX to seven games in a playoff series a couple years ago... without Bynum... with Kwame at the helm.

He makes us entirely better, but let's not act like Bynum's absence eliminates the deepest bench in the league, or that his absence is the ONLY reason we've had success this season.

That's the same type of thinking that many Kobe fans apply to Kobe, like Kobe is the only reason the Lakers exist.

Yes, I'd be upset if I learned Bynum's out for a long while.

No, I wouldn't be worried that we're going to challenge the Heat or the Timberwolves this season for the title 'WOrst Team in the League'.

Now i completely get where you're coming from...

But the thing is, our team is looking to get to that ELITE status...and wether people wanna admit it or not, we were slowly but surely creeping up...and AndrewBynum's presence on both ends of the floor has a LARGE part of that. We're not gonna be like Minny or Miami because we have too much talent to bethem...but we don't wanna settle for mediocre/average again.

Yes, we took PHX to 7 games before with K.Brown as our primary post threat...but do you honestly believe that KWAME will produce like AB has done soconsistently?

AB has been our 2ND BEST player and has produced CONSISTENTLY this season. He'll be a huge loss if the injury is anything serious. I'm hoping it'sjust a minor tweak similar to Timmy's injury this season (something they initially thought was serious but ended up just sidelining him for 5 games or so.)

The worst part about this is that we lose our 2nd best player on the verge of the most important stretch of the season...talk about timing
tired.gif

This is a HUGE trade just for the fact that we finally got rid of Brian Cook
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Hope Ariza can figure in to the thick of things quick and help us out. He'll be good for defense and a few highlights here and there for the time being andhis ceiling is still pretty high considering he's still in his early 20s. GOOD JOB MITCH!
pimp.gif

Did you jus break out discombobulate? Lakers fans IQ > other fans. I hate that B. Cook shares my last name and our #s are similar. I'm sure he'dschool me but he is a scrub by NBA standards. 4fitness > Brian Cook.

COOK # 45
get fit.

I really dislike a bunch of people on here...
Before the season started I CLEARLY told ya'll Odom has to go......but everyone got at me, cuz they were so in love with him...."Oh he's a goodguy"

I told you, he is way too inconsistent, and he has shown no growth his time in the league, from his rookie year to now....

NOW all of a sudden you guys all turning on him, and every Laker game thread you want him traded......

Smh

Like the deal because cook is gone but damn I will miss mo. I liked the kid.

Mitch explained why he made the trade and it made sense....maybe he is gettig advise from mr. west.

The Kobe Bryant rumors ofhim coming to Detroit were just that -- rumors. Two league sources confirmed Friday night that the Pistons and the Los Angeles Lakers were never close toreaching a deal.In fact, the two teams hadn't discussed the possibility of Bryant coming to Detroit since training camp began in early October. MichiganLive

And at that time, the Lakers were asking for significantly more than the Pistons were willing topart with. Inaddition to Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince, two separate league sources confirmed the Lakers were also asking for either Jason Maxiell or Rodney Stuckey,in addition to a pair of first-round picks. The Lakers' asking price clearly indicates their desire all along has been to keep Bryantin the fold. MichiganLive

While it has been widely reportedthat the Lakers were seeking from Chicago some combination involving Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni, Los Angeles was in fact asking forall four players, in addition to a couple of first-round picks. That would explain the reluctance of Bulls General Manager John Paxson to pull the trigger on a deal. MichiganLive

Kobe Bryant was cold as ice, thePistons turned the ball over more than Gap turns over jeans-folders, and long-armed Cheikh Samb played long minutes. The result was a 103-91 win for the Lakersagainst the undermanned and foul-plagued Pistons (6-3). Bryantwas 6-for-18 with 19 points, and as a whole the Lakers shot 38.5% against the Pistons' zone. But 19 offensive boards in the first three quarters kept themalive. Detroit FreePress

The bigger surprise wasSamb. Slated to play only in D-League or extreme mop-upsituations, the rookie center came in with 10:10 left in the second quarter. Playing the final 10 minutes of the half, the 7-footer quickly blocked two shots,got a goaltending call and scored on his only shot attempt, a baseline jumper. Detroit FreePress

Coach Phil Jackson is allowingthe Lakers to freelance for several seconds before moving into the triangle offense, but he has not hidden his distaste for errant passes, careless ball-handling and the like. The message isstarting to get through to the players . . . perhaps. "It's definitely fun," forward Lamar Odom said of the new twist to the offense. "Whenyou're playing at a speed like that, you're going to turn it over. It's new for all of us to be playing at that tempo, but taking care of the ballis something we all have to focus on." LA Times

In a league where the averagesalary is $5.4 million, Nov. 15 is a treasured day -- andtreasury-like day -- for players who typically get paid a dozen times from November to April, on the 15th and 30th of each month (or the last day in February).LATimes

For undrafted rookie CobyKarl, who is making about $425,000, it was a day to remember.His check initially didn't arrive on time because it was accidentally sent to his mother's home in Idaho. That check was canceled and a new one wasissued. LATimes

Still distracted by rumored tradesfor Bryant that have largely calmed down lately, the Bulls are 1-6. The Lakers are 5-3 despite facing possibly the toughest schedule in theNBA. When asked after the victory if it has been distractingto deal with Bryant's stated desire to leave via trade, Jackson said: "During the preseason, it certainly was. I think there was some distraction. Ithink we've overcome that in a very interesting way, a very unusual way that I've never seen before. The team has come back, and Kobe has gotten hisgame back and his voice back on this team. And he seems to be going straight ahead." Orange CountyRegister

Although Bryant has said his defensive effort is similar to previous seasons, Jackson hasnoticed a change and speculated before the game Friday that perhaps Bryant's defensiveintensity for Team USA over the summer was a spark. "He's taken it upon himself to be a one-man defensive show this year," Phil Jacksonsaid. "It's kind of surprising to me." Orange CountyRegister

Jordan Farmar made three straightsteals for the Lakers, two off Flip Murray and one off Richard Hamilton. He converted one of those into a layup and another into a free throw. On the other, he missed the layup but former Piston Maurice Evanswent over the top of Murray to slam home the rebound. Detroit News

Richard Hamilton, who allowedhimself to get too caught up in his match-up with Bryant, picked up his fourth foul in the third quarter, then hurled his mask to the floor, for which he wasgiven a technical foul. The mask bounced up into the face ofassistant coach Dave Cowens, and Hamilton took an earful from Saunders. DetroitNews

Dec 21 Bynum may lose his starting spot once center Kwame Brown (ankle, knee) returns, which could be as early as next week, according to the Los Angeles Times. Lakers coach Phil Jackson noted that "I would imagine Kwame would go back to being a starter. I'm not going to make a comment on that yet."
Recommendation: Bynum has averaged more than 14 points and 11 rebounds over the last six games, and his splits as a starter are significantly better than his numbers as a reserve. Why the Lakers would reinsert Brown into the starting lineup is beyond us, and would certainly hurt Bynum's fantasy value.

WHY DOES PHIL JACKSON HATE ANDREW BYNUM????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kid is arguably the most improved player of the year, gets great numbers, is blocking shots right and left everygame, and is a rebounding machine. And youstill put the incompetent Kwame Brown in the starting lineup? AHH!
indifferent.gif

No problem.

Oh, and to get a Laker's sig, Yuku is much, MUCH easier than ezBoard was. Just copy the Lakers sig you want from someone else's sig, and paste it intoyour 'EDIT SIGNATURE' area. Done. All you have to do is copy their signature and paste it into your area; Yuku copies the codes and everything itself.

*edit* I knew that second question was coming.
laugh.gif

Here, copy this and paste it into your 'EDIT SIGNATURE' area:
TEAM LAKERS

Nice to see 15 HEALTHY players
eek.gif
Thathasn't happened in like the past 2 years or something.

Hopefully, this trend continues. We looking good to start the season thus far...but tough stretch ahead. I wanna see us turn some heads this season. I love howwe started so far and i'm looking forward for this to continue
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mco85

One more question for Laker fans. If Bynum decided when he was a free agent that he did not want to play with Kobe because of the whole video thing, would you trade Bynum or trade Kobe. Kobe is the heart and soul of the team but for me as a Laker fan it would be a tough decision.

I would say at this point the way things look, Kobe would need to be traded. In this league, 20>>>>>29. We could have Bynum for the nextdecade plus, we'll have a high level Kobe for the next 5 years tops. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that and they can both play together forthe next 5 years and we'll see what comes of it.
pimp.gif

here's the article:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]A rare sight: Everyone's healthy at practice[/h1]
All 15 team members take part for the first time in a long time. 'It was cool, a good little run out there today,' Kwame Brown says.

By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
November 12, 2007
An unusual scene, to be sure.

All 15 Lakers were on the practice court, healthy, Sunday at the team training facility.

Kwame Brown didn't sit out because of his heel, Maurice Evans wasn't bothered by his back, and Lamar Odom felt no ill effects in his shoulder, just in case his 18-point, 10-rebound effort Friday against Minnesota didn't already prove the point.

Fifteen players, none of them watching from the sidelines while bouncing a ball absent-mindedly between their legs. For once, it was a quiet practice for trainer Gary Vitti.

"It's the first time in a long time," Brown said. "It feels good to have everybody out there -- you've got three teams of five. It was cool, a good little run out there today."

Brown came off the court briefly after the bursitis in his right heel flared up, but he returned within a few minutes. Jumping still remains a bit of a problem for him, but he is able to run relatively well, which brings up a good point -- who starts at center the next couple of games for the Lakers?

San Antonio will obviously have Tim Duncan in the post Tuesday, and Houston a day later means more Yao Ming, who had 25 points, 12 rebounds and three blocked shots in the Rockets' 95-93 victory over the Lakers in the season opener.

In a break from past tendencies, Coach Phil Jackson might choose his starting center on a game-by-game basis, be it Brown, Chris Mihm or, less likely, Andrew Bynum.

"I've never really gotten into that, matching up by games," he said. "It may [happen]. Maybe we'll see how we play. If we play better with certain matchups, we'll go that way."

Mihm averaged nine points, eight rebounds and 2.5 blocked shots while starting in place of Brown.

Jackson seems to be more comfortable with Bynum on the second unit. Bynum is averaging 10.2 points and 9.8 rebounds but has been criticized by Jackson for defensive lapses.

Jackson's comments Sunday suggested Brown would start against San Antonio.

"He changes up our practice a lot," he said. "It becomes a lot more physical. He's just a guy that is rock solid in there, so it helps us defensively. It gives us a presence in there."

Brown, averaging 5.7 points and seven rebounds a game, was just satisfied to be back after missing two games.

"I've just got to monitor how much I practice, but at the same time, I've got to be mindful that I had four or five days of doing nothing," he said. "I've got to kind of push myself and still deal with the pain and try to play. Otherwise, I'll be so out of shape that Yao will just run over me."

Back
Top Bottom